over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nutrient timing

Queefer

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Branch Warren once told me a few years ago that nutrition was all about timing. Since then I've always tried to be very deligent about what I eat or drink and when. Here's what I take in pre and post workout. Feel free to let me know if you think I should change anything................An hour before my workout I drink a whey, milk, and egg protein drink. I workout and then(just started this yesterday) take a shot of 80mcg of IGf immediately in whatever muscle group I just worked. 15 minutes later I drink an IDS waxeymaize drink (120g of carbs) with 15g of creatine mono. 15 minutes later I drink a 70g of whey protein shake. 1 hour later I eat a cup of rice with another 70g of whey protein shake. 2 hours later I eat some cashews with an 80g of whey, egg, and milk protein shake right before bed along with 200g of humanofort.

Three protein shakes within a couple of hours?!? Were is your protein from Solid foods? I would definitely get you some meat in at your 1 hour after meal, with the rice.

Last edited:
Research shows that its better to eat something at least 3 hours before your workout (if you have the time to make that happen, for morning people this will differ) and research also shows that in the grand scheme of dieting, it doesnt matter when you eat something as long as you consistently eat around the same time frames to avoid daily hormonal swings.

Other than that, detailing things like you have above is minutiae that will have very little benefit.

Last edited:
Queefer,

thats a petty impressive routine you have there...To be honest with you I just have a solid food meal about an hour before my workout (60-75 grams protein, such as chicken or turkey, and some good carbs, rice, potatoes ,ect) then during my workout I have ON's Vassive EA8 ( 2 servings) along with 20 grams L-Glutimine...Then post workout I have a serving of Recovery 2-1-1 (35 grams pro, 70 grams waxy-maize) along with an extra scp or 2 of 100% Whey mixed into that shake...Then an hour later I have another solid food meal of pro/carbs...

I never really have looked into taking IGF or GH post workout...I understand taking slin...I do understand why and the theory behind it...but does it make that much of a difference ???

chris

Sess, I have to strongly disagree. Timing IS everything and it's the little things that make a HUGE difference. The research I've read say that post workout nutrition is EXTREMELY important.

Last edited:
Queefer,

thats a petty impressive routine you have there...To be honest with you I just have a solid food meal about an hour before my workout (60-75 grams protein, such as chicken or turkey, and some good carbs, rice, potatoes ,ect) then during my workout I have ON's Vassive EA8 ( 2 servings) along with 20 grams L-Glutimine...Then post workout I have a serving of Recovery 2-1-1 (35 grams pro, 70 grams waxy-maize) along with an extra scp or 2 of 100% Whey mixed into that shake...Then an hour later I have another solid food meal of pro/carbs...

I never really have looked into taking IGF or GH post workout...I understand taking slin...I do understand why and the theory behind it...but does it make that much of a difference ???

chris

I've always taken IGF right after my workout because I thought that would be the best time for it. As far a gh, I don't know.

Sess, I have to strongly disagree. Timing IS everything and it's the little things that make a HUGE difference. The research I've read say that post workout nutrition is EXTREMELY important.

Seems like you've did quite a bit of research on IGF and PWO recovery timing, but you've never read that solid meals are better that artificial meals? I always throw down a quick-acting protein isolate shake and some waxy maize within 15-20 mins PWO. And 1 1/2 hours or so after that, I eat my solid meal. That always consisting of a meat and plenty of slow digesting carbs. I have my meals timed pretty consistent as well.

I mean timing is important. But people get so caught up in per workout this, during workout this, post workout shake etc. What about rest of the day? I think every meal is important.

But to answer your question, looks good. Only thing I would change is, with your WMS postworkout drink drop creatine from 15g to 5g & add in some 5g bcaa, 5g leucine, 5g glutamine (I think Trop said don't go over 20g worth of stuff in your wms shake cause it will slow down the absortion). And split the 10g creatine you dropped at moruing meal and meal before gym. 5g at each.

Seems like you've did quite a bit of research on IGF and PWO recovery timing, but you've never read that solid meals are better that artificial meals? I always throw down a quick-acting protein isolate shake and some waxy maize within 15-20 mins PWO. And 1 1/2 hours or so after that, I eat my solid meal. That always consisting of a meat and plenty of slow digesting carbs. I have my meals timed pretty consistent as well.

I've never seen it proven that meat is a better source of protein then powder. Besides the enzymes in meat, why is it better?

Depends depends depends. Depends on the goal, when in the day your training occurs (mainly how close it is to waking), type of training you're talking about, not to mention what the rest of the diet looks like - since it impacts the importance/magnitude of nutrient timing proximal to the training bout. Everyone's protocol is gonna differ.

This doesnt mean that theres a magic time frame to consume your calories. What matters more is that youre hitting your macro targets for the day, not nutrient timing.

Last edited:
Timing does play a part...

I too have heard this but I also believe in most of your protein intake should come from foods then if you can't make it to your total protein goal make the rest up with supplements. In the past month I've found out that supplementing with protein each day is a must for me, I'm genetically a skinny guy. I had to go off of all protein supps for a few weeks and my body weight has shot down to 210lbs, before I weighed in at 218 to 220lbs. Once I dropped below the 215lb mark my numbers in the gym also went south! Time to get back on! So all in all I would say my protein intake is 70% food and 30% supplemented.

I've never seen it proven that meat is a better source of protein then powder. Besides the enzymes in meat, why is it better?

There are many nutrients in foods that would make consumption via powders impractical or unfeasible given that there may be some undiscovered nutrients not yet discovered in whole foods.

queefer i myself prefer more solid food bro, right now im eating only 2 shakes a day with 6 solid meals. whey protein post workout is great cause it is fast digesting which is what your want post workout, and first thing upon waking in the morning (i have a shake{protein only} upon rising then a solid meal breakfast an hour later just like post workout) but other than those two times why would you want a fast digesting fast assimilating protein bro????

liquid meals

personally i prefer more liquid meals pwo . they digest quicker , thats what you want pwo as glycogen replenishes at much faster rates than compared to a few hours later . yes, i know , these are very tiny details and probably don't even make much of a difference for most but i though i throw this out here because this thread is about nutrient timing........

and i am sure that MassiveG agrees with me on the liquid meals pwo

wake

Meat is broken down allot slower providing your body with a steady flow of amino's.

PWO liquid meal is the way to go.

I shoot my actrapid slin wait 10mins, take 120g waxy maize, glutamine and creatine. Twenty minutes later I have 50-75g Synthepure predigested whey. One hour later chicken and brown rice.

queefer i myself prefer more solid food bro, right now im eating only 2 shakes a day with 6 solid meals. whey protein post workout is great cause it is fast digesting which is what your want post workout, and first thing upon waking in the morning (i have a shake{protein only} upon rising then a solid meal breakfast an hour later just like post workout) but other than those two times why would you want a fast digesting fast assimilating protein bro????

That's why I drink a whey-milk-egg protein drink throughout the day.

Has anyone price compared traditional brands like Optimum, Nectar, Isopure, Muscle Milk, etc.. To the recommended brands trueprotein and Synthepure?? I want high quality products.. But also looking to save as much money as possible..

Meat is broken down allot slower providing your body with a steady flow of amino's.
DING DING DING we have a winner ladies and gentlemen :D

Branch Warren once told me a few years ago that nutrition was all about timing. Since then I've always tried to be very deligent about what I eat or drink and when. Here's what I take in pre and post workout. Feel free to let me know if you think I should change anything................An hour before my workout I drink a whey, milk, and egg protein drink. I workout and then(just started this yesterday) take a shot of 80mcg of IGf immediately in whatever muscle group I just worked. 15 minutes later I drink an IDS waxeymaize drink (120g of carbs) with 15g of creatine mono. 15 minutes later I drink a 70g of whey protein shake. 1 hour later I eat a cup of rice with another 70g of whey protein shake. 2 hours later I eat some cashews with an 80g of whey, egg, and milk protein shake right before bed along with 200g of humanofort.
WOW going back and reading this..... If i did that I would be as hungry as a hostage bro. There is no way i could do that, as i would starve to death probably....LOL

hey queefer if you don't mind could you break down a whole day of eating from wake to sleep you don't have to re-write all the above as we have that, so just include what you eat from waking to preworkout(whey,milk, and egg protein shake).

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear