over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Job help. Anyone else struggling?

GoneForever

Banned
What do you all do for a living? Anyone find themselves jobless or at a dead end job. I've been living off student loads and personal training the past 4years and its just a dead end. I recently moved to the midwest from the westcoast and got a job as a PT at fitness19 and it sucks. I mean, I sit there and like every week get an intro or 2 and maybe 1 outta 10people sign up. Pay sucks,etc. I need something stable where i can work a 9-5. Prob is I wasted all these years bodybuilding and didnt get an education and now I find myself really regretting it. Any idea's of where to start? I really have no clue what to do. I find myself making up bullshit resume's and sending them to $13-$15/hr office jobs like filing,data entry,etc.. Im just stuck. To be honest all I wanna do is watch tv, train, tan and eat, but its finally catching up to me now that thats such an unrealistic lifestyle. I really dont have a passion for anything other than my wife and bodybuilding, so its not a matter of doing what I like for a living now, its a matter of doing something I can handle and get paid.

If i were in your position I would go to a community college get a two year degree in a medical field such as "echo technician", "Xray tech", "US Tech" and then settle down in that field. Jmo. The schooling is easy, 1 year studying and 1 year clinical experience. pay starts around 45- 50 K. Sometimes 38 K and sometimes as high as 60 K. Great benefits.

Just do it. bro.

If i were in your position I would go to a community college get a two year degree in a medical field such as "echo technician", "Xray tech", "US Tech" and then settle down in that field. Jmo. The schooling is easy, 1 year studying and 1 year clinical experience. pay starts around 45- 50 K. Sometimes 38 K and sometimes as high as 60 K. Great benefits.

Just do it. bro.

Wise advice. Getting a job in a health related field not only pays well but gives you job security. 50K a year may not make you rich, but it is a starting point to advance in your career.

For instance........

Where I live I saw several ads for Resp Therapists working a swing type shift at night. Pay started at a little over 30 bucks an hour.

agreed, i do well in manufacturing because i am at the VP level, but to do it again i would go straight to the health care field out of school , no doubt about it. I may still do it, with manufacturing in the US becoming harder and harder, i already have degrees in engineering and an MBA but you just can not beat health care for security.

Just do it. bro.

Good advice. Medical field is always in demand even in this sour economy.

good advice

Just do it. bro.

Soild advice Fouthgen...check it out!

I know this is not what you want to hear. When my life feel apart. I got my trucking lic and spent about 2 years over the road driving. Now, I got an insane job /local just delieveing fuel to gas stations. $90 bucks a stop and I usally do about 3-5 a day.

What do you all do for a living? Anyone find themselves jobless or at a dead end job. I've been living off student loads and personal training the past 4years and its just a dead end. I recently moved to the midwest from the westcoast and got a job as a PT at fitness19 and it sucks. I mean, I sit there and like every week get an intro or 2 and maybe 1 outta 10people sign up. Pay sucks,etc. I need something stable where i can work a 9-5. Prob is I wasted all these years bodybuilding and didnt get an education and now I find myself really regretting it. Any idea's of where to start? I really have no clue what to do. I find myself making up bullshit resume's and sending them to $13-$15/hr office jobs like filing,data entry,etc.. Im just stuck. To be honest all I wanna do is watch tv, train, tan and eat, but its finally catching up to me now that thats such an unrealistic lifestyle. I really dont have a passion for anything other than my wife and bodybuilding, so its not a matter of doing what I like for a living now, its a matter of doing something I can handle and get paid.

I laughed, because I worked out at Fitness 19 and I know how you feel. O.K. on a serious note, you got yourself into a rut and unless you start working harder and be positive, you won't get out of it. Sounds like you are in a routine that you feel comfortable with. They way you will be sucessful is to go outside your comfort zone. You can begin by using your family as inspiration to give them the best out of life. I know I work harder to give my family the best. First of all, find something that you will enjoy and will make money in today's economy. My companies are constantly adjusting in today's market. Medical field is excellant advice, you might have to work more hours, to acheive your goals, but look at the rewards. But, do yourself a favor, start somewhere or you will be constantly thinking about it and not doing anything about it. Give yourself goals(short and long term) and stick with them. Apply your focus on BB into everyday life and you will surprize yourself. Nobody can make you be sucessful except yourself.;)

To be honest all I wanna do is watch tv, train, tan and eat,

Don't we all LOL.....

Can't help you job wise. It's tough out there right now, but will agree healthcare will always be there, no matter how bad the rich cat f up the economy...

medical or law, those are the only 2 sure things. Technology changes so often is harder and harder for the common gadget guru to get a steady job in the field. You need a bs just to get in the door anymore.
I work in a law firm, im the IT Manager. My schedule is very flexible then again. everyones is.
Perhaps find a decent sized law firm looking for a runner. The pay blows too but you'd have time to yourself outside of an office doing drop offs and such.

Good thing about medical jobs (Resp. therapist, x-ray tech, paramedic) is that you usually do 3 12 hour shifts a week and have four days off. Health care is pretty recession prooof.

What about firefighter?
24 hours on 48 off, sit around a fire station when you are working and eat/work out.....not to mention chicks dig firefighters:D

i already have degrees in engineering and an MBA but you just can not beat health care for security.

driving trains and pro basketball is great but not everyone can make it...:p try to get into a 10 month LPN course. pay is excellent and there is a real job shortage.

LPN= licensed practical nurse

Last edited:
military lol i dunno bro try monster.com maybe. i work with special needs children have been for six years. pay is good hours freaking blow. think of being a doctor with out the pay. i am always on call. upside is i do have the option of making my own hours if i wanted multiple clients. a health related field is a good way to go. maybee check into flabotemy i think thats how you spell it. i know a guy that did that made really good money doing it to. as long as you dont mind the site of blood you are good to go. i think he only went to school for six months to a year for that. maybe get a part time job in a gas station granted it would suck but if money is tight do what you gotta do man. you will get out of this rut. just keep your head up and figure out how the skills you have now could apply to a career.

therapists and nurses have the world by the balls.

Also, if you can get in on Wind technology, I firmly believe it is going to explode in the near future.

I've owned my own concrete buisness for 20years and we have been starving.i'm trying to file bankruptcy,but can't afford that:eek: Somehow I manage to eat all my food and supplements though:rolleyes: Oh yea I don't pay my other bills:p

... learn a trade... u can always start your own company... i learned pools and spas... i love it

I'm an x-ray tech and it's awesome. The schooling is a rough 2 years, but worth it. As a bodybuilder, It's awesome because: a) youre huge and can easily move patients and everyone loves you for it. b) there's alot of downtime for eating, I eat 3 whole meals at work. Occasional days I dont get em in, but thats rare. c) You get to wear big comfy scrubs at work. d) relaxed work, not extremely stressful, pays well. Anything in the medical field is a can't miss.

I'm an x-ray tech and it's awesome. The schooling is a rough 2 years, but worth it. As a bodybuilder, It's awesome because: a) youre huge and can easily move patients and everyone loves you for it. b) there's alot of downtime for eating, I eat 3 whole meals at work. Occasional days I dont get em in, but thats rare. c) You get to wear big comfy scrubs at work. d) relaxed work, not extremely stressful, pays well. Anything in the medical field is a can't miss.

Is college necessary for this or is it like a trade school where you go directly for x-ray tech?

Just out of curiousity, how old are you? I'm only asking because you seem to be confused about which way to go with your life. In your case I think if you are of age, the military might be of benefit here.

Only don't do that Rambo wanna-be bs, go Air Force. In 5 years, you can have you bachelors and maybe find your way in life as well. It's about how bad you want it. You might (meaning, YOU WILL) have to clean out your system and be able to pass a drug test but, again, when you get in you can probably get away with mild test cycles down the road. You might not be as big as you are now but, hey, life is full of sacrifices.

Good luck to you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner