over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T My new toy - Big A influenced ;-)

drgoodbody

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Here are of few shots of my newest toy, had her for about 1.5 months. She's one of the last Lotus Esprits made... production stopped in 04 btw. Got about 3200 miles on her now and she is pristine. Taken her up to about 115mph, but no higher, need a track to do more - Big A style :cool:

Big A, alright bro, here are the pics as promised. V8 twin turbo, kelsey-hayes ABS, AP racing brakes, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, OZ wheels, etc... Inferno with Magnolia hides...

DrG

Attachments

• lotuspix002.jpg
    lotuspix002.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 700
  • lotuspix003.jpg
    lotuspix003.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 563
  • lotuspix004.jpg
    lotuspix004.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 524
  • lotuspix005.jpg
    lotuspix005.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 489
  • lotuspix006.jpg
    lotuspix006.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
and a few more...

DrG

Attachments

• lotuspix016.jpg
    lotuspix016.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 434
  • lotuspix019.jpg
    lotuspix019.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 412
  • lotuspix021.jpg
    lotuspix021.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 407
that is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT

how much $$$$? (you know someone was gonna ask lol)

dude that is a sick looking car!!!! :eek:

did i mention mi jealous as hell...
:mad:

have fun!!!

Yeah baby! Yeah..........

That is what I am talking about. Nice ride Doc!

I'm pretty jealous to, one of those would be a great "toy" as I think we're all just big boys as heart :D

Here's a pic of my next car :p

Attachments

• BMW E30 M3.jpg
    BMW E30 M3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 665
That's the way. She's a babe! You know how you go to the garage every night before you go to sleep, just to have a look? That will never stop :D

Get the windows tinted. It will dramatically improve appearance from outside. Especially when the rear three quarter windows get black, the badge, etc looks so much better and you don't see the hoses hanging from the top of the tailgate anymore.

BULK_CITY said:
how much $$$$? (you know someone was gonna ask lol)

That is the same as asking someone how much $ they earn each year or how much $ they have owing on their credit card, etc. You don't do it.

I figured it would be Big A approved.

Very tidy piece of automobile. Congrats!

IronMike

One of the sexyest on the planet. The new Lotus sucks. Looks like a kit car and way to small

yardrock said:
One of the sexyest on the planet. The new Lotus sucks. Looks like a kit car and way to small

The Lotus Elise has always been a joke. It's not new either. It first came out in '96 but you yanks finally got it now, to fill the void until the new Esprit comes out.

The Elise was always the cheap botom of the range Lotus that costs 1/3 the price of the Esprit.
Lotus has been building 5,000 Elises per year and only 150 Esprits, to put it in perspective. Absolutely no comparison.

The Esprit has only a small gap in production right now. The last Esprits as we know them have had production end in 2004 and the new Esprit will begin production in 2007.

Lotus planned to have the following in its range:
Elise - bottom of the range 'bread and butter' car, mid engined, 4 cyl, 0-60mph in 5.2sec
Exige - race version of Elise
Excell? - name not finalised yet, but the car will be a 2+2, front engined 6 cyl
Esprit - flagship, mid engined, supposed to totally outbest the current model in handling!, braking and performance. Current model has twin turbo V8, 0-60mph on 4.2sec. Supposed to be a big price hyke as well in line with the Lambos.

A nice ride for sure

1995-1996
A workmate had a 1992? (I think) twin turbo model with little modification and we did 130mph (~200km.hr) easily. The chassis never felt like it buckled/bent and it cornered very nicely (no small part due to the low centre of gravity and fairly wide base of support. Many of the esprit standard features took others another 5-10 years to make standard on cheaper cars.

Good work.
I personally have always felt this model a bridge between standard sports cars and high performance sports cars (i.e. $150,000 AU and above).

NICE

i love my 1996 Geo Tracker teal green myself with its black rag top..looks nice next to the Hyandai...eat your hearts out...

On a real note, great looking car and it would be great to get ahold of one for a summer..i had a 1968 ford Mustang for 3 years and loved it but man if i wasen't outting $20 bucks a week into keeping it alive and running...and the Mitsubishi 3000-GT i had for 2 years WOW that was fun ...and if anyone ever tried to tell you that a hott car does not mean HOTT women kick them in the teeth..i never had so many girls wanna get up with me until i had that car..

have fun with your toy and stay safe

Anibal5 said:
1995-1996
A workmate had a 1992? (I think) twin turbo model with little modification and we did 130mph (~200km.hr) easily. The chassis never felt like it buckled/bent and it cornered very nicely (no small part due to the low centre of gravity and fairly wide base of support. Many of the esprit standard features took others another 5-10 years to make standard on cheaper cars.

Good work.
I personally have always felt this model a bridge between standard sports cars and high performance sports cars (i.e. $150,000 AU and above).

Twin turbo only came out in '96. All previous Esprits were single turbo chargecooled. Previous to '89 they were only single turbo.
Top speed on all was 265kph (165mph) and the S4s could do 305kph (185mph), all limited by the gearing not the engine.
The quicker you go the more it will suck to the road and it will NEVER feel like the chassis can buckle/bend at any speed or cornering force.

The Esprit was always a high performance sports car or supercar. It eats Ferrari's for breakfast and I can do things in my Esprit that I can't do in my Diablo.
And an Esprit never had a new price of AU$150k or less. Cheapest was AU$199k with the S4s/Sports300 at AU$261k and the last Esprits at AU$280k + options.
To put it in perspective, when a Sport300 cost AU$261k, the Ferrari F355 cost AU$266k

The Esprit was never a 'bridge' car.

And yes, many features that Lotus's had, many years later would finally make to production cars. Lotus has had more innovative automotive patents than any other manufacturer out there. Lambo and the dancing donkey could never compare.

Think about this: my Esprit S4s has only a 2.2litre 4 cylinder engine. Yet it produces 361horses, it does 0-100kph(60mph) in 4 seconds flat and the quarter mile in 12.2seconds. The Esprit has no electronics but it's so perfectly made and balanced, on the track Murcielagos with a 6.2litre V12, 4WD, all the technical gizmos and 6 year in 'advancement' can't shake it.

This place is my daily motivation. :D
sweet ride. If you have any problems getting laid now (don't know what kind of luck you had before), then something is wrong, hehe.

This is what we ride & drive in the North upstate N.Y. 4x4.
Get-R-done!!! "Big Red". I call my truck and the 4-wheeler is "little Red"

Attachments

• truck 4-wheeler.jpg
    truck 4-wheeler.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads