advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: ***UFC Discussion Thread*** (upcoming fights, updates, breaking news, etc)

Man the more I think about this Johny Hendricks got fucked over by the NSGC!! The NSGC judges had to either be out if their minds, trying to fuck the UFC for whatever reason, or they were paid off by some criminal organization who won a ton in bets.(When I said paid off by someone like the mafia or other major players in Vegas. Not the UFC its self or anybody they are affiliated with.) I say this because it is happening in Bellator as well. This is so apparent now something needs to be done! The NAGC is a government organization that's why I know some fishy shit is going on for sure!!

Imagine you being at a National IFBB show with lots of money + sponsorships on the line and you know you won the overall, your team knows you won, and everybody watching knows you won the 1st place overall. But the judges give your first place trophy to the guy who really deserves the 3rd place spot. This is what essentially happened to Johny Hendricks, but in MMA.
From what i understand is most of the judges are just clueless. They are not familiar with mma and have little knowledge of boxing. They're just appointed randomly by the athletic commission. There have been some bad decisions, but this oz the worst. Every fighter and major mma site had Hendricks

I just watched the fight, and I have to give it to GSP. Round 3 and 5 were clearly GSP. Hendricks just coasted those rounds and you can't win by coasting. round 1 was extremely close. too close to call really. For that reason I have to by default give it to GSP. Hendricks was the challenger. He had to prove himself. In round 1 he did not do enough to prove himself, and for that reason round 1 went to GSP. Even though rounds 2 and 4 were decidedly hendricks, you have to keep in mind this is scored based on 5 rounds. No matter how badly hendricks won those rounds, short of a knockout, submission, or 10-8 round there is no way he can win a fight on 2 rounds.

If you were to merge all 5 rounds into 1 round and just score it as 1 round then I could see it going to hendricks. But then if it was a straight 25 minute round, if you look at the pace of GSP and hendricks at round 2 after the large exchange and round 3, I feel GSP might have taken it in the end just because he would be more used to going for 25 minutes. But that's not the case so it doesnt matter.

im gsp fan, but no way did he win that fight... i would give him the first and 5th and those were CLOSE.... 2 3 and 4 were hendricks... i don't see how the judging went like that...u could see gsp at end of fight had NO confidence and looked like he lost while johnny was overwhelmed with sense of victory.... sucks, but challenger can never leave it in hands of judges, never....

what a vicious KO of kos... wow lol...

hate big mouth chael and happy that happened...

cowboy looked AWESOMEEEEEE!!! always been big fan of his...

robbie vs rory.... ahh man, i didnt know who to root for, like them both... great fight.... rory is going to just get better n better, gov it up 1 time for the BC kid...

i wanna see johnny and lombard!....HUGE lombard fan since early early days....lezzzz gooo ATT ATT ATT!!!!

a picture is worth 1000 words... who looks confident here??? lol

Attachments

• hi-res-7883930_crop_650x440.jpg
    hi-res-7883930_crop_650x440.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
**NSAC announces Dec. 2 workshop to solicit input on regulation changes**​
SOURCE
When Georges St-Pierre was announced as a split-decision winner over Johny Hendricks in the main event of this past Saturday’s UFC 167 event, fans, fighters and even UFC President Dana White had all kinds of suggestions for the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Now they’ll have a chance to address the commission face to face.

NSAC officials recently announced they will conduct a workshop to “solicit comments on proposed regulation” as it pertains to chapter 467 of the Nevada Administrative Code – the section of the Silver State’s law that oversees unarmed combat, including MMA and boxing.

The meeting takes place Monday, Dec. 2 at 9 a.m. PT local time at the Grant Sawyer State Office Building, located at 555 East Washington Ave., Suite 4500, in Las Vegas.

“The purpose of the workshop is to solicit comments from interested persons on any matter related to contests or exhibitions of unarmed combat, or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the Nevada Athletic Commission,” an official release announcing the meeting stated.

As one of the leading commissions in the country, the NSAC has long been looked at as one of the strongest governing bodies in combat sports. However, the organization has recently endured criticism for referee performances, its handling of performance-enhancing drugs in combat sports and – perhaps most notoriously – the quality of judging decisions rendered.

That last issue was on full display at this past weekend’s UFC 167 event, where UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was awarded a split-decision win over challenger Johny Hendricks.

While most cageside observers believe the fight hinged on the opening round, every major media outlet tracked by MMADecisions.com scored the fight for Hendricks. Judges Sal D’Amato and Tony Weeks gave St-Pierre rounds 1, 3 and 5 and Hendricks 2 and 4. Judge Glenn Trowbridge awarded Hendricks rounds 1, 2 and 4 while awarding St-Pierre 3 and 5.

UFC boss White said he scored the fight for the challenger four rounds to one and lambasted the commission at the evening’s post-event press conference.

“The governor needs to step in and fix the incompetence that is happening in the state of Nevada that used to be the best commission in the world,” White said. “It’s absolutely, 100 percent incompetence, and it needs to stop.”

IMO they should adopt the rule of PRIDE FC where they judge the WHOLE fight, not just round by round. This does not make sense how can one guy which his face looks like hamburger meat WIN A FIGHT to a guy who looked like he just came back from a run in the park ? For example, fighter (A) can give light jabs for all 5 mins, get a 10-9 score and the next round fighter (B) comes back and rocks knocks him, opens his face up and he also gets the same exact 10-9 with absolutely no credit towards damage done. <== Does this make sense?

**broken link removed**
Pride's rules differed from the Unified Rules of Combat in the following ways:

*Pride allows kicking and kneeing the head of a downed opponent. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules, which only allows kicks and knees to the head of a standing opponent.
*Pride allows a fighter to stomp the head of a downed opponent. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules.
*Pride allows a fighter to spike (piledriver) an opponent onto the canvas on his head or neck. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules.
*Pride does not allow elbow strikes to the head of an opponent. The Unified rules allows elbows provided they are not striking directly down with the point of the elbow(12 o'clock to 6 o'clock).
*Pride's matches include a ten-minute first round, with two-minute rest periods. The Unified rules allow rounds no longer than five minutes, with rest periods not exceeding one minute.
*Pride's matches are not judged on the ten-point must system, rather judges score the whole fight. The Unified rules call for all matches to be judged using the ten-point must system.

Btw, Arnold is a big fan of the UFC as well. :d:vil-smi​

20ht213.jpg

Last edited:
i liked pride more than ufc, and i agree in judging fight in its entirety... i also liked the 10 min rounds...gave grapplers a much better game plan chance.... but then again, the japan audience was very respectful of the grappling game, and didn't mind seeing great grapplers on the ground NOT ground n pounding...the crowds now boo when someone isn't getting punched in 30 seconds lmao.... taking % out of fighters purse for stalling was one of the greatest rules of pride tho...people aint trying to get there bread takin!

i also have been involved in combat sports a long time and imo if UFC wants to go super mainstream it should do away with elbows to the head like PFC as well.... too much blood for a lot of parents to let their kids watch...

The 10 point must system has to go too or be changed. Even if it's an absolute beatdown, the round is scored 10-9. You rarely see 10-8, it has to be a murder for that to happen. And 10-7 is non-existent.

i liked pride more than ufc, and i agree in judging fight in its entirety... i also liked the 10 min rounds...gave grapplers a much better game plan chance.... but then again, the japan audience was very respectful of the grappling game, and didn't mind seeing great grapplers on the ground NOT ground n pounding...the crowds now boo when someone isn't getting punched in 30 seconds lmao.... taking % out of fighters purse for stalling was one of the greatest rules of pride tho...people aint trying to get there bread takin!

i also have been involved in combat sports a long time and imo if UFC wants to go super mainstream it should do away with elbows to the head like PFC as well.... too much blood for a lot of parents to let their kids watch...

I agree with your statement 100%

Boy do I miss soccer kicks and stomps. :D

**broken link removed**
CroCop-KOs-Waterman-with-soccer-kick-Pride-27.gif

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

I just want to see active fights. No more wall&stall and lay& pray. Id also like to see less reward for takedowns that lead to nothing.

And just adding a random pic i found

d
6UTUcNC.jpg

Last edited:
I was quite happy to Rory lose.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ME TOO BRO!!!!!!!! made my night....that dude is a weirdo and wears makeup n shit.

There are rumors floating around today about the personal problems GSP is facing and why he isn't himself. Take this source as merely speculation because nothing is concrete unless it comes out of GSP's mouth. Another rumor mentioned which GSP mentioned in the past I believe in a pod cast with Ariel Helwani is he is having memory problems which he forgets easily and doesn't know what he did a few days prior or something in that nature and has increasingly gotten worse and that is why he wanted to take a leave of absence and/or retire.

SOURCE 11/18
Georges St-Pierre
Unplanned Pregnancy, Family Illness
Derail UFC Fighter

Georges St-Pierre will take a break from the UFC to handle 2 major personal crises -- his father is dying and he got a woman pregnant and doesn't want her to have the baby ... TMZ Sports has learned.

GSP repeatedly made cryptic remarks after his controversial win Saturday over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 -- telling Joe Rogan he needed to step away from the sport to deal with personal issues.

Now, sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ Sports ... Georges' dad is dying and it's derailed him.

And there's this ... GSP recently learned he knocked up a woman -- and he doesn't want to have a baby with her but she insists on keeping it.

After his fight on Saturday, GSP said his situation is so bad he can't sleep -- "I'm going crazy. I have issues, man. I need to relax. I need to get out for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do."

It's clear ... Georges was not himself in the ring ... something that was written all over his face after the fight.

Last edited:
There are rumors floating around today about the personal problems GSP is facing and why he isn't himself. Take this source as merely speculation because nothing is concrete unless it comes out of GSP's mouth. Another rumor mentioned which GSP mentioned in the past I believe in a pod cast with Ariel Helwani is he is having memory problems which he forgets easily and doesn't know what he did a few days prior or something in that nature and has increasingly gotten worse and that is why he wanted to take a leave of absence and/or retire.

SOURCE 11/18

She will have that baby. And that baby will one day be the greatest mixed martial artist of all time

LMAO..... if GSP thinks for a second that his superstar ass is going to talk a chick outta havin his baby.... good luck w that buddy lol

I don't have a problem with GSP stepping away for a bit, but he's gotta give up the title. No more interim champion bullshit. Let Hendricks and the winner of Condit-Brown have a crack at the title.

"Healthy" Shogun
"Motivated" bj Penn
"Old" Vitor

And introducing

"Focused" GSP

"Healthy" Shogun
"Motivated" bj Penn
"Old" Vitor

And introducing

"Focused" GSP

LOL !! The infamous underground nicknames we give to MMA fighters.

1) If a "healthy Shogun" shows up..
2) If a "Chuck (liddell) with that look in his eyes" shows up..
3) If a "motivated Penn" shows up...
4) "Old" Vitor compared to "TRT" Vitor...
5) If an Anderson "Serious" Silva shows up...
6) Henderson's "TRT" chin should of cancelled out Vitor's "TRT" punch..

Haha when Dana was saying it wasn't as big of a deal as GSP was making it I thought to myself, he got someone knocked up, but surely he wouldn't let that affect him to the point of a semi-retirement.

Saw that coming a mile away.

Haha when Dana was saying it wasn't as big of a deal as GSP was making it I thought to myself, he got someone knocked up, but surely he wouldn't let that affect him to the point of a semi-retirement.

Saw that coming a mile away.

For GSP it's a huge deal, he's the ufc poster boy, clean cut respectable champ. Hes probably an asshole just like the rest of us when the cameras aren't on. But the stress of maintaining the perfect image is getting to him. He might want to consider moving to Texas, i hear they have very favorable child support laws.

For GSP it's a huge deal, he's the ufc poster boy, clean cut respectable champ. Hes probably an asshole just like the rest of us when the cameras aren't on. But the stress of maintaining the perfect image is getting to him. He might want to consider moving to Texas, i hear they have very favorable child support laws.

I didn't realize that having a child on "accident" makes you look like such a bad person? :confused:

I mean obviously he doesn't want the kid which is his decision, but the good thing is that he doesn't have to be in their lives. Just cut that check once a month and move on.

I'm sure the initial shock is crazy, but if that really is it then I agree with Dana, GSP is overreacting. Obviously I don't know the entire situation so I'm not here to judge him. I just want to see him continue to fight and avenge this win/loss. I think he's a much better fighter than Hendrix unless Hendrix just got that much better since his last fight.

I didn't realize that having a child on "accident" makes you look like such a bad person? :confused:

I mean obviously he doesn't want the kid which is his decision, but the good thing is that he doesn't have to be in their lives. Just cut that check once a month and move on.

I'm sure the initial shock is crazy, but if that really is it then I agree with Dana, GSP is overreacting. Obviously I don't know the entire situation so I'm not here to judge him. I just want to see him continue to fight and avenge this win/loss. I think he's a much better fighter than Hendrix unless Hendrix just got that much better since his last fight.

I don't think it makes him a bad person, but we're talking about mma fans. The majority of which are judgmental assholes. Not to mention there's always the possibility the Chuck gets the fame bug and decides to star in " The Real Housewives of Canada" and bad mouths for publicity. him

It's not just the alleged baby-momma-drama. It's that PLUS the allegations of his dad being close to dying. I could see that perfect storm of bullshit knocking anyone off-kilter. Whatever it is, I wish him peace and clarity.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws