advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: ***UFC Discussion Thread*** (upcoming fights, updates, breaking news, etc)

Woodley was one of the most impressive fighters last night. You rarely see a welterweight physically dominate his opponent like he did. Easily the biggest welterweight in the division.

I wonder where He and Hector Lombard match up rankings wise now that Hector has dropped?

Woodley, Lombard and Robbie are all from ATT. It will be interesting to see if they fight each other. It would make for some good fights!

00GSPStats.png
just saw this on the ug. interesting to say the least. I still have yet to rewatch the fight. Most people who think Johnny won think he took 1, 2, 4 but I think it was Pitbull who felt Johnny took 2, 3, 4. I guess this really shows the way this fight could be so controversial. It's obviously razor close and maybe shouldn't be viewed as a robbery. I think part of my reaction and thought that Hendricks won was that it's been a loooooong time since we've really seen someone take a round from GSP much less dominate him in a round and shut him down. I'm going to wait til the "shock" wears off and rewatch it sometime and see how I feel about the first round.

The problem its "what's considered a significant strike" someone pointed out that a jab that does little damage is the same as a power punch that drops your opponent.

View attachment 66198
just saw this on the ug. interesting to say the least. I still have yet to rewatch the fight. Most people who think Johnny won think he took 1, 2, 4 but I think it was Pitbull who felt Johnny took 2, 3, 4. I guess this really shows the way this fight could be so controversial. It's obviously razor close and maybe shouldn't be viewed as a robbery. I think part of my reaction and thought that Hendricks won was that it's been a loooooong time since we've really seen someone take a round from GSP much less dominate him in a round and shut him down. I'm going to wait til the "shock" wears off and rewatch it sometime and see how I feel about the first round.

This is why the 10 point scoring system is screwed up. One guy can land a jab that does zero damage and the other guy can crack the fighter and wobble him with his eye split open but both is a "significant strike". I watched the fight again and have absolutely no doubt Hendricks won that fight. If I go by the 10 point scoring system one can make a case for GSP winning the fight, I will gladly admit that, I am not some blind nut hugger, heck look at my 1st post in this thread, I predicted GSP winning via decision. :). Though, if you put a casual MMA fan who doesn't know the "Unified Rules" of scoring and let them watch the fight, 9/10 times they will say Hendricks won the fight hands down, that's my honest opinion. This is why I don't bet on fights anymore. I lost the Machida/Shogun 1 which I strongly believed Shogun won. Now looking at it you can't blame the judges rather its the 10 point scoring system that is screwed up.

Mario Yamasaki

"I'm inside the cage so I can't see the fight as the judge sees it, but I thought Hendricks won the fight," Yamasaki told MMAFighting.com. "I thought Hendricks dominated the fight, it was brutal, and I was surprised when they gave St-Pierre the win. But I'm not the judge. I look at the fight with different eyes."

Yamasaki scored the fifth round in favor of St-Pierre, and that was it.

"The first round was slow and could have gone either way. Hendricks dominated the second one. The third was close and could also go either way, and the judges gave it to St-Pierre. When the fight was over, I thought Hendricks won every round except the last one," he said. "But I have to watch the fight again to analyze it as a judge."

"The rules says that when the mouthpiece falls and the action continues, I can't stop the fight," he said. "Hendricks kept pressuring, but then they started working in the clinch, so I stopped it. I wouldn't have stopped the fight if he kept punching. I'm there to protect the athlete. There's no reason why I would let him hurt his mouth."

Though you can't hate on GSP, humble, kind and showing respect to the Godfather of Bodybuilding ! :d:vil-smi

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
i would like to see a stat breakdown of "power punches" landed, like in boxing... a jab can also be a power punch, but depends how it lands... i saw maybe a handful of stiff jabs he landed... most were just kinda range finding lil pop shots... yamasaki saw same thing i did...

GSP also thinks he has been abducted by aliens a few times....:yeahthat:

There's a rumor that GSP got a chick pregnant, his first finish in 7 years. Yay

Its strange how Hendricks vs GSP gets an immediate rematch but Gus vs Jones does not ? That fight in my opinion Gus won. That should be an immediate rematch as well.

**broken link removed**
From 98.5 FM Sports

"The only thing that I can think of, that I know of, is that between the period where I was his manager and his current management, he had a manager for three years, a woman named Shari Spencer. It didn't end well between them. When things ended between me and Georges, we stayed good friends but it ended very badly with Shari Spencer and I know she's suing him for several million dollars. I don't know if the lawsuit is advancing against Georges and he's gonna lose it but I don't see another problem. His parents are in good health, his two sisters too and he doesn't have health problems otherwise he couldn't fight ... He doesn't have any children either. At the moment he isn't married, he has someone in his life but that's not on this side either that's 100-percent sure. The only thing I can see is the lawsuit with his former manager."

From TMZ 11/19
Georges St-Pierre cut a $737k check to his former manager -- after the woman sued the UFC champ for screwing her out of her contract ... and according to court docs, she could still be in line for a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR payday. TMZ Sports has obtained documents filed in Clark County, Nevada, which show GSP was sued by ex-manager Shari Spencer after the two parted ways in 2011.... The court docs show ... the judge agreed with Shari and ordered GSP to cut a check for $737,066.35 -- which the fighter paid back in April. But there's more ... the judge also ordered GSP to pay Shari's management company the following:

-- 20% of future revenue on various UFC Pay-Per-View fights
-- 20% of royalties earned under a 2008 UFC merchandising contract
-- 5% of future revenues from sponsorships she apparently helped him earn (including Affliction and RUSHFit).

Dana White in L.A Times
“As far as a rematch, we’re on schedule and I’ll have a date within a couple weeks,” White said. “I feel confident that Georges is fine with that and all is on track. It’s not the commissioners who I have a problem with, I have great respect for the commissioners,” White said. “I honestly believe change is going to happen, that the athletic commissioners in Nevada will fix the problem."

alq7nl.jpg

t5rjwx.jpg

176px-UFC_logo.svg.png
Fight Night 33
(Dec 6th, Preview)​
hunt-bigfoot-poster.JPG

Event: UFC Fight Night 33 on FOX Sports 1
Date: Friday, December 6, 2013
Location: Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Queensland, Australia

Main Event:

205 lbs.: Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva

Co-Main Event:

185 lbs.: Mauricio Rua vs. James Te Huna

Other scheduled fights (FOX Sports 1, Facebook):

205 lbs.: Ryan Bader vs. Anthony Perosh
265 lbs.: Pat Barry vs. Soa Palelei
185 lbs.: Dylan Andrews vs. Clint Hester
145 lbs.: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Nam Phan
135 lbs.: Alex Caceres vs. Mitch Gagnon
185 lbs.: Caio Magalhaes vs. Nick Ring
170 lbs.: Brian Melancon vs. Robert Whittaker
185 lbs.: Krzysztof Jotko vs. Bruno Santos
170 lbs.: Alex Garcia vs. Andreas Stahl
135 lbs.: Bethe Correia vs. Julie Kedzie
125 lbs.: Justin Scoggins vs. Richie Vaculik

Shogun is moving to 185, huh? Good move for him because this will force him to be in shape. Ever since he came to the UFC he has been fat, slow, and gasses after the first round.

Wait, those fights aren't accurate because it says that Hunt and Big foot Silva are fighting 205. There's no way in hell Mark Hunts fat ass is making 205 and Silvas head alone weights 200lbs. That has got to be an error.

Last edited:
Shogun is moving to 185, huh? Good move for him because this will force him to be in shape. Ever since he came to the UFC he has been fat, slow, and gasses after the first round.

Wait, those fights aren't accurate because it says that Hunt and Big foot Silva are fighting 205. There's no way in hell Mark Hunts fat ass is making 205 and Silvas head alone weights 200lbs. That has got to be an error.

Yeah, it was my error, I screwed up when I was trying to center everything, plus editing at the same time etc...shit gets tedious. :banghead: I couldn't fix it because after 15 minutes you can't edit it anymore.:banghead: No your right, Hunt vs Bigfoot is HW fight and Shogun/Te huna is @205. Though Shogun should drop down to 185. Ever since he came over from Pride for the majority he hasn't looked the same except with the Machida fights... He should jump on "TRT" because everyone is doing it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
UFC Hall of Famers and fighters alike react to the decision of the main event at UFC 167.(lol, look at Matt Hughes face when GSP surpasses him)
**broken link removed**
Every poster since UFC 1 is portrayed on our media banner. 20 years of history in one spot
**broken link removed**

"UFC Headquarters. Dana and Lorenzo prep the company for amazing plans for 2014"
27xf7kk.jpg

A huge card to end the year. UFC 168 - EPIC CARD - Dec 28th.

168_full_poster.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it was my error, I screwed up when I was trying to center everything, plus editing at the same time etc...shit gets tedious. :banghead: I couldn't fix it because after 15 minutes you can't edit it anymore.:banghead: No your right, Hunt vs Bigfoot is HW fight and Shogun/Te huna is @205. Though Shogun should drop down to 185. Ever since he came over from Pride for the majority he hasn't looked the same except with the Machida fights... He should jump on "TRT" because everyone is doing it. :rolleyes:

Oh ok I didn't know it was your mistake or that you took the time to set all of it out on your own. I thought you just copied/pasted. Well, damn I feel bad for saying anything now, but I thought it was a major web sites fault. You do an awesome job of updating this thread so keep it up! This is my favorite thread on here now.

I obviously agree about Shogun and I got excited when I saw him @ MW bc it honestly makes perfect sense since he's so our of shape all the time. He would really be an awesome MW. He needs to take a page out of his buddy Wandys book and reinvent himself at 185.

Oh ok I didn't know it was your mistake or that you took the time to set all of it out on your own. I thought you just copied/pasted. Well, damn I feel bad for saying anything now, but I thought it was a major web sites fault. You do an awesome job of updating this thread so keep it up! This is my favorite thread on here now.

I obviously agree about Shogun and I got excited when I saw him @ MW bc it honestly makes perfect sense since he's so our of shape all the time. He would really be an awesome MW. He needs to take a page out of his buddy Wandys book and reinvent himself at 185.

You can copy and paste the info but sometimes it doesn't come out right and have to do it manually plus I always change size/colors/fonts/italics/boldness/spacing/centering to make it more eye pleasing.

Thanks brother. Feels good to know atleast somebody appreciates the thread. I should thank the mods too for allowing a thread like this. There is no MMA sub-forum on here and thought this is the next best thing considering there is an abundance amount of UFC fans on here.(without little high school trolls)

Last edited:
The size difference of Pat Barry and Soa Palelei is going to be ridiculous, I love Pat. He's the man, but damn!
I love Nam Phan fights, love the way he works the body shots.
Always root for Julie Kedzie.
The Hippo vs Bader? Thats nuts lol. Hope Anthony keeps away from that power!
Not to mention Huto, I'm looking for a walkaway kayo in this one :)

should be an entertaining card.

Just released video. TMZ catches GSP at the airport. Damn these TMZ guys are RELENTLESS !
TMZ caught up with GSP at airport and asked about rumors. **CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO**

175989830.0_standard_709.0.jpg

GSP texted the famous boxing coach Freddy Roach after the fight
"He said, 'I'm not going to fight again unless you are in my corner,'" Roach said. Asked to clarify if that meant on fight night, as well, Roach said, "Absolutely." To this point, Roach has never been in a UFC fighter's corner on the night of a fight.

Roach said his plan for St-Pierre was for St-Pierre to use his jab and inside hook to nullify Hendricks' powerful left. A normal left hook goes over the top of the opponent's jab, Roach said. The inside hook goes underneath it. It's often hard to discern from a jab, but it has much more power. Roach said St-Pierre used the punch a lot to beat Josh Koscheck at UFC 124 in 2010.

"This guy [Hendricks], he doesn't know anything, he just punches good with a big left hand," Roach said. "Pretty much with him, if you can stay away from that and nullify that, it's not that tough of a fight. Georges did it, and he had success with it when he did, but he didn't do it enough in the fight."​

Freddy Roach - GSP's past boxing coach gets into a near brawl. WTF​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjbWs_hnOHo]FREDDIE ROACH KICKED! by ALEX ARIZA in BRANDON RIOS CAMP - ENTIRE FIGHT VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

Arnold Schwarzenegger meets GSP post fight backstage. Awesome :headbang:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

SOURCE 11/20
**Rumors of the judges being paid off.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission is holding a training session for its officials today in Las Vegas. The commission’s chair wants to double the number of learning opportunities available to them.

Francisco Aguilar, who on Halloween took over for Bill Brady as NSAC chairman, said he’s spoken to NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer about holding training sessions on a quarterly rather than biannual basis.

“We need to be consistent in what our philosophies are, and that philosophy needs to be communicated to these judges and these refs,” Aguilar told MMAjunkie.

In the wake of UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre’s split decision over Johny Hendricks in the headliner of this past Saturday’s UFC 167, many MMA observers have wondered aloud whether the NSAC is employing the right people to judge fights. UFC President Dana White blasted the bout’s scoring at the post-event press conference and called for Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval to fix the NSAC.

“I think the outcry is, it was a very close fight, it could have gone one way or the other, but I think what occurred in the press conference added a little bit of fuel to the situation, as well,” Aguilar said.

Still, the chairman said the NSAC needs to bring in additional officials to ensure the best candidates are at the commission’s disposal.

“I think one place where we need to do a better job is expanding our roster of judges and refs, and looking more across the country to say who are the top performing judges and who are the top performing refs and start bringing them into the current pool we have of judges and refs,” Aguilar said.

Kizer said additional training is “good news” and added the NSAC is currently evaluating officials that could be hired or rehired to work events. He estimated that one judge and referee each would be added to the roster in the near future, though he said Aguilar could bring additional candidates before the commission.

UFC commentator Joe Rogan was more severe in his assessment of the NSAC’s judges, accusing them of receiving payoffs in exchange for scoring bouts in favor of a particular fighter.

“That’s unfortunate, because I don’t think that’s the case at all,” Aguilar said. “I think the judges and refs we do have are honest people. They do a great job, and I think it only hurts the sport by him making those comments.”

Aguilar said he reached out to Sandoval on the day after the event to give an update on the controversy. He also called White, who on Monday tamped down his rhetoric in an interview with the Los Angeles Times.

“I think we got to a good place,” Aguilar said. “[White] understands my concerns, I understand his concerns, and this is an ever-evolving process. We have to work together to make things stronger for everybody, and we can’t do it individually. In order to do it together, we have to have a working relationship where we have respect for each other.”

Aguilar said he was bombarded with texts from friends both in favor of and opposed to the decision, and while he anticipated the public to be divided, he was surprised to see a strong backlash against the NSAC.

Both Kizer and Aguilar believe the controversy centers around the bout’s close first round, on which two of three judges disagreed, and White’s fiery criticism of the commission. But, Aguilar added, the NSAC needs to apply the same due diligence and care to MMA as it does to boxing.

“The UFC is a growing sport, it’s one of the fastest growing, and are we keeping pace with them to be able to provide the level of service that they expect,” he said.

In the wake of a highly controversial scorecard at the Floyd Mayweather vs. Saul Alvarez fight, the commission moved to increase scrutiny on judges and referees in the selection process that takes place prior to big combat sports events.

Along with widening the pool of MMA officials, Aguilar said that additional training and more transparency in the process of recruiting officials from the NSAC’s amateur events will put the commission on better footing in MMA.

“It takes years to become a judge or a ref, but we need to start developing a proper pipeline, and looking at who we have in the amateurs and who can perform, and then get them in the proper process,” he said.

In the coming weeks, Aguilar said he expects to narrow down a list of candidates, who will then be evaluated by the commission. He hopes to put new officials into play as soon as possible.

“This is going to be a process that involves the whole commission, because the whole commission is going to have to ask their questions of Keith of these individuals, and they’re going to as a group decide at open meeting whom to grant licenses to,” he said.​

Last edited:
HAHAHA! Freddy sounds like Stevie from Eastbound & Down. I was hoping he'd say "feexins." LMFAO!

**broken link removed**
shogun_rua_pride.jpg

I agree with this statement fully. Plus it makes it a lot more entertaining :D
The reason it will not be implemented because it LOOKS more barbaric, not necessarily more dangerous. I think elbows are more dangerous.
SOURCE
Shogun Rua
For sure, the new rules hinder me,” Rua recently said. “I think that the rule set from when I fought in Japan was safer than today’s rules. Elbows hurt a lot more than stomps. I had adapted to their rules. So when I came to the UFC, to get comfortable, it took some time. And, truthfully, my fight style relied greatly on stomps and soccer kicks. So to me, the greatest minus when coming to the UFC was the change in rules. I hope that one day, the UFC can legalize foot stomps and soccer kicks,” he said. “It would be great. I miss it. During the PRIDE era, I have no recollection of anyone getting hurt badly from stomps or soccer kicks. Elbows, in truth, really do hurt an opponent"

Gray Maynard Pre-Fight Interview
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRhobqqRs0A]TUF 18 Finale: Gray Maynard Pre-Fight Interview - YouTube[/ame]
Nate Diaz Pre-Fight Interview​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi-pc0MMYmk]TUF 18 Finale: Nate Diaz Pre-Fight Interview - YouTube[/ame]
Free Fight: Nate Diaz vs Donald Cerrone 1080p​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSl5E9TWTg4]TUF 18 Finale Free Fight: Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone - YouTube[/ame]
Free Fight: Gray Maynard vs Dennis Siver - 1080p​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzDU29N5xP8]TUF 18 Finale Free Fight: Maynard vs. Siver - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131