YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oral L-Carnitine VS Injectable L-Carnitine ?

laduem88

Registered
whats the difference? im guessing you can absorb more through injection?

I do not think that is what he meant to say. Some say injectable l-carnitine is better then oral due to bio-availability.

I never tried the injectable...only the oral.

how'd you make those little arrows?

yeah yeah, I found it, over the 6, another milestone

Injectable is for spot reduction.

Oral is for skeletal energy, however it requires carbs to be activated.

Correct, I have read that it hurts like a bish though.

You can do it IM or sub-q, (only tired IM) but I do not think it is for spot reduction even if you shoot sub-q. It is water based and will probably go systemic very fast.
If you take it with small dose 1-3iu insulin (or stimulate a natural insulin peak) it will increase the uptake.

Injectable l-carnitine is not for spot reduction. It's a systemic product that will transport the fat into your bloodstream to be burned. It's quite effective as long as the body is in a fat burning state to begin with (proper diet/fat burner, etc). I've been using Synthetek's Synthetine for a month with great results.

I don't want to just parrot information that Ive read and I don't understand all the biomechanics resulting from L-Carnatine. BUT, if you read some of the DAT's writings, who is pretty knowledgeable on the topic (including the write up on the sponsors injectable product), it seems that oral administration can take a while to start working. They say 100 days or so. I guess the injectable will work much quicker.

Assuming this much is true, the injectable would be a much better value. Not only in terms of its effectivness but also cost. You would have to take about 5x the recommended dose of Oral for 100 days or more to realize any benefit. That would be about a $30/week supplement. 100$ and you're good for over a month using the synteck product.

Again, I'm just stating what I've read and I don't understand it enough one way or another to have a credible opinion.

Injectable l-carnitine is not for spot reduction. It's a systemic product that will transport the fat into your bloodstream to be burned. It's quite effective as long as the body is in a fat burning state to begin with (proper diet/fat burner, etc). I've been using Synthetek's Synthetine for a month with great results.

Absolutely! L-Carnitine has to be injected IM!

Some cosmetic surgeon inject it sub-q though as part of mesotherapy treatment (I had it done)... but let me tell you not only doesn't it work, but it hurts like hell! :mad:

And when u think about it, it's quite logical... most injectable l-carnitine come at the concentration of 1g per 5ml... that's only 200mg/ml... if you wanna have 2g a day (standard dose), that's 10ml you have to inject! Such a volume sub-q, even though it's water based, is just insane, even in divided shots! :eek:

Absolutely! L-Carnitine has to be injected IM!
Such a volume sub-q, even though it's water based, is just insane, even in divided shots! :eek:

Quite true! Do you have a suggestion to deal with the pain tolerance? I've been looking into this myself!

Quite true! Do you have a suggestion to deal with the pain tolerance? I've been looking into this myself!

The point here is that it must be injected IM....there is no reason whatsoever to inject l-carnitine subcutaneously. Therefore the pain is not an issue.

Oral is for skeletal energy, however it requires carbs to be activated.

Same with IV admin. Ineffective. Maybe using it in conjunction with insulin (if you use it) would be the most effective time to use it.

FASEB J. 2006 Feb;20(2):377-9. Epub 2005 Dec 20.
Insulin stimulates L-carnitine accumulation in human skeletal muscle.

Stephens FB, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Laithwaite D, Simpson EJ, Greenhaff PL.

Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, Queen's Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK.
Abstract

Increasing skeletal muscle carnitine content may alleviate the decline in muscle fat oxidation seen during intense exercise. Studies to date, however, have failed to increase muscle carnitine content, in healthy humans, by dietary or intravenous L-carnitine administration. We hypothesized that insulin could augment Na+-dependent skeletal muscle carnitine transport. On two randomized visits, eight healthy men underwent 5 h of intravenous L-carnitine infusion with serum insulin maintained at fasting (7.4+/-0.4 mIU*l(-1)) or physiologically high (149.2+/-6.9 mIU*l(-1)) concentrations. The combination of hypercarnitinemia (approximately 500 micromol*l(-1)) and hyperinsulinemia increased muscle total carnitine (TC) content from 22.0 +/- 0.9 to 24.7 +/- 1.4 mmol*(kg dm)(-1) (P<0.05) and was associated with a 2.3 +/- 0.3-fold increase in carnitine transporter protein (OCTN2) mRNA expression (P<0.05). Hypercarnitinemia in the presence of a fasting insulin concentration had no effect on either of these parameters. This study demonstrates that insulin can acutely increase muscle TC content in humans during hypercarnitinemia, which is associated with an increase in OCTN2 transcription. These novel findings may be of importance to the regulation of muscle fat oxidation during exercise, particularly in obesity and type 2 diabetes where it is known to be impaired.

PMID: 16368715

Of course, the evidence for carnitine increasing fat loss in healthy humans is very weak.

New Evidence...

Maybe in the past year or so, Dat and BigA both agree that synthetine/l-carnitine works just as well SQ or IM. HCG, GH and other peptides are performed SQ and are administered peripherally through the body.

Dat even has a protocol of injecting 1 unit of insulin with the synthetine/l-carnitine to enhance muscle absorption.

This info is for l-carnitine and increasing it's levels, not for spot reduction theory's.

well ill just coment on the pain you guys are all worring about and there is no pain SQ. ive gone through over 200ml of it SQ 3ml a site and no pains and suffering. the worst part was the 30g prick of the needle lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws