over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT- Great Rock Singers

Off the top of my head...Rob Halford, Phil Anselmo, Ronnie James Dio. He might not have the acclaim of the others but I have always enjoyed Stephen Pearcy's vocals and also Don Dokken. For a very different sounding vocal style i also like Udo Dirkschneider and Pete Steele (RIP). Have to give props to Axl Rose as well in his younger days. Sebastian Bach, Geoff Tate, and King Diamond also deserve props for their ability to hit very high notes. So many others who stand out and have incredibly unique voices...Mike Patton, Tom Keifer, Bobby Blitz, Jon Oliva, and Bas from Killing Joke. When I was a kid i thought Bas had the most interesting voice i'd ever heard at the time.

My personal favorite voices ever probably have to be Halford and Phil though. I'm not a musician so i can't speak to the technical prowess of these vocalists.

Also, what about the ladies? Annie Lennox would be pretty close at the top for me.

So many on here that I agree with but one that I haven't seen yet, Luke Spiller from The struts. Great frontman and an incredible vocal range.

Ronnie James Dio
David Coverdale
Bruce Dickinson
Klaus Maine
Shit...how could anyone who likes the genre forget about Coverdale. That guy had an incredible voice. Probably could have been successful in any genre. Don't know how old you are but i remember this gem very well from the later Headbanger's Ball Days.

Mike Paton! Forgot about him. Can’t think of many singers that can do as much with their voice as he can.

Did you know he did the voice of the monsters in I Am Legend? Little random bit of Mike Patton trivia for you there

Greatest singer in rock history who doesn’t get his due - also does opera
He can mimic his voice to any sound
Check out their cover of blue Spanish eyes.

Shit...how could anyone who likes the genre forget about Coverdale. That guy had an incredible voice. Probably could have been successful in any genre. Don't know how old you are but i remember this gem very well from the later Headbanger's Ball Days.

Im 45 bro. Yes he has a great vocal. Its even gd during 'live' concert! In Coverdale/Page album a song called 'Whisper a Prayer for the Dying' is awesome!

You can definitely tell the age here. Not one mentioned Elvis Presley. 😂 I could fill pages of great rock singers and performers. Elvis Presley, Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger, Elton John, Prince, Bowie, Grace Slick, Ozzy, Stevie Nicks, Ann Wilson, Steven Tyler, Sting, Paul McCarthy, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and the list goes on. I also think we should rate great singers as different sounding voices that revolutionize music.

The one that caught my eye was Ann Wilson. She has an absolutely amazing voice and is one of my all time favorites. I have a live version of her doing Nazereth's "Love Hurts" and she fucking kills it!!!

You can definitely tell the age here. Not one mentioned Elvis Presley. 😂 I could fill pages of great rock singers and performers. Elvis Presley, Freddie Mercury, Tina Turner, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger, Elton John, Prince, Bowie, Grace Slick, Ozzy, Stevie Nicks, Ann Wilson, Steven Tyler, Sting, Paul McCarthy, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and the list goes on. I also think we should rate great singers as different sounding voices that revolutionize music.

The one that caught my eye was Ann Wilson. She has an absolutely amazing voice and is one of my all time favorites. I have a live version of her doing Nazereth's "Love Hurts" and she fucking kills it!!!

She did a remarkable version of a live Stairway to Heaven at the Kennedy Center honors while members of Led Zeppelin watched.

Last edited:
Yall gonna laugh if I say Eddie Vedder? :ROFLMAO:

Probably not the 'rock' many are talking about, but Eddie actually had a pretty awesome voice, especially when PJ was first getting started in the early 90s Depends which Vedder you listen to, though, sometimes he sings like someone keeps hitting with a cattle prod from behind the stage

Freddie Mercury
Steve Perry
Steve Walsh
Chris Cornell
Stevie Nicks
Ann Wilson
Elton John
Don Henley / Glenn Frey
Mick Jagger
Ozzy
Phil Collins
Gregg Allman
David Bowie
Michael Hutchence
Paul Rodgers
Dolores O´Riordan

Greatest singer in rock history who doesn’t get his due - also does opera
He can mimic his voice to any sound
Check out their cover of blue Spanish eyes.

I read recently that that Patton has the greatest vocal range of all living singers currently. I'll see if I can find link. I heard his opera singing. I've loved this dude since the old days of 120 minutes on MTV Sunday nights. They played Faith No More all the time back then.

Finally someone who knows Black Queen. I saw them live. I am a huge Dillinger escape plan fan but never got to see them live.

I dont think I saw Tom Araya (slayer). Granted he's a full time yeller but he's turned it into an art. Dude can work a crowd.

Matt Heafy (Trivium) is another one. We ran into him and the lead guitarist a couple times at various places. They constantly put out good music.

Rob Halford (Judas Priest) deserves a nod.

Randy Blythe (Lamb of God), Speed (Soilwork), the guy in my profile pic Jens Kidman (Meshuggah) are all on the much heavier side of rock but they crush it. Phil Anselmo (pantera) as has been mentioned.

Bottom line: Dillenger is an underrated band for the shear amount of music they dropped thats not really like a whole lot of anything else.

I’m a music junkie to make this short and sweet. There’s a bunch of great singers such as Layne Staley, Chris Cornel, etc. there’s another guy that you need to check out and that’s Greg Puciato. His vocals for Dillenger Escape Plan weren’t put on show until his solo material came out recently. He also sings for the Black Queen.

Curious, who’s your fav singer??

I love Black Queen. Where did you see them? I saw Dillinger live when they opened for NIN and Soundgarden back in the day.

I saw them at a small club called the Abbey in Orlando. That show was something else. Steven Alexander Ryan lost his shit and was basically throwing his guitar around like he was pcp'd out of his mind. I think his gear was just not working so he reverted to what he knows from watching and being a tech for NIN nightly (destroying an instrument if it wont perform basically). That or he was chastising his tech guy by making a spectacle since he's tech'd for NIN, A perfect circle, Miley Cyrus, etc and decided he might as well do something on stage since a performance wasnt going to happen.

I wish I got to see Dillinger but I got screwed out of that one by an ex with severe mental issues.

Ill PM you a link about the show.

I love Black Queen. Where did you see them? I saw Dillinger live when they opened for NIN and Soundgarden back in the day.

Perry Farrell, Bob Seger, Anthony Kiedis, Tom Petty

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatgazer
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity