over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: PIT owners...and people who just love dogs

I have two red nose pitbulls and I like these videos bc they show others, non pit owners that this breed has been targeted by the mainstream media to be the bad guy. I have gotten nothing but praise from others when they meet my boys. They are lovable and good with cats, dogs, and humans. They're both 75 to 80lbs of solid muscle with block heads and their look alone will discourage people from even coming near them....its a shame. Pit bulls are a pure American Breed ......loyal, courages, heroic, and won't back down from anything and stand tall while doing so....just like the Ol' USA!!!

That pisses me off real bad,I had to shut it down.

man that got me soo madd seeing those poor dogs like that ...ive gotton into fights with people after seeing them fight there dogs or hearing that they do ...they should be shot in the face and raped by a horse ...fuckin disgusting human beings ...they are the animals not the dogs ...cock suckers!

I will probably get a lot of flack for this..but here goes.

I am a "former" pit bull owner myself. Love the dogs when they are right. Hate them when they aren't. Where I am from they are currently looking to ban the dogs in the inner city. I can't really say that I blame them. I live in a rough area of town, and EVERYBODY has a pitbull(s). Regardless of how beautiful of a dog they are when they are right, it is horrible scary when they are wrong. My particular pitbull would attack my other dogs when it saw a squirrel or prey in the yard through the window. Vicious attacks. I grew up with dobies, boxers and other dogs my whole upbringing. I am well versed in their ways, and training. Nothing I tried (everything) would get this dog to curb it's ways. It was simply crazy, and I had to put it down after one ferocious attack that left my other dog maimed badly. The problem with owners and breeders forget is that this dog for the most part was bred to fight. I had an amazing pitbull reference manual written in the late fifties I believe that basically stated that the dog was born to fight, and if you didn't train your dog to fight, and fight it often then you were doing it a disservice. It described how the dogs loved/lived to fight. It had mapped out some of the most famous examples of all times. Amazing fotos of dogs, and these old southern men running them on treadmills, and fighting them, game testing etc....It was fascinating. A lot of the dogs we have today are very mismanaged and inbred. A lot of them aren't right in the head. I've seen it over, and over. A lot of what pit bull owners will not own up to is the after math of an attack. Every dog breed bites, and attacks. I was bitten by a mini poodle once (never by a bull) - the problem is that when a collie attacks you...things are usually ok afterword. Bones aren't broken, and bodies aren't ripped to shreds. Terrier breeds have a tenacity that is far above other dogs for the most part. They also have a superior pain threshold. When they clamp - it's bad news. So this is the problem that the media fixates on. When the dogs go off people die, are maimed, etc..It is unlike other breeds. So sometimes I liken it to the banning of machine guns vs. pistols. It may not be correct - but it is understandable. I really don't trust my fellow citizen anymore. There are too many 50cent/Eminem wannabes running around the hood with their bulls. In my opinion it's a ticking time bomb...actually we have already had a few children's lived destroyed (which prompted the proposition to ban in the first place).

ya i have seen that video a couple times, its a good one. Me personly i happen to love Pits great dogs just to bad some owners are idoits.

I am a "former" pit bull owner myself. Love the dogs when they are right. Hate them when they aren't. Where I am from they are currently looking to ban the dogs in the inner city. I can't really say that I blame them. I live in a rough area of town, and EVERYBODY has a pitbull(s). Regardless of how beautiful of a dog they are when they are right, it is horrible scary when they are wrong. My particular pitbull would attack my other dogs when it saw a squirrel or prey in the yard through the window. Vicious attacks. I grew up with dobies, boxers and other dogs my whole upbringing. I am well versed in their ways, and training. Nothing I tried (everything) would get this dog to curb it's ways. It was simply crazy, and I had to put it down after one ferocious attack that left my other dog maimed badly. The problem with owners and breeders forget is that this dog for the most part was bred to fight. I had an amazing pitbull reference manual written in the late fifties I believe that basically stated that the dog was born to fight, and if you didn't train your dog to fight, and fight it often then you were doing it a disservice. It described how the dogs loved/lived to fight. It had mapped out some of the most famous examples of all times. Amazing fotos of dogs, and these old southern men running them on treadmills, and fighting them, game testing etc....It was fascinating. A lot of the dogs we have today are very mismanaged and inbred. A lot of them aren't right in the head. I've seen it over, and over. A lot of what pit bull owners will not own up to is the after math of an attack. Every dog breed bites, and attacks. I was bitten by a mini poodle once (never by a bull) - the problem is that when a collie attacks you...things are usually ok afterword. Bones aren't broken, and bodies aren't ripped to shreds. Terrier breeds have a tenacity that is far above other dogs for the most part. They also have a superior pain threshold. When they clamp - it's bad news. So this is the problem that the media fixates on. When the dogs go off people die, are maimed, etc..It is unlike other breeds. So sometimes I liken it to the banning of machine guns vs. pistols. It may not be correct - but it is understandable. I really don't trust my fellow citizen anymore. There are too many 50cent/Eminem wannabes running around the hood with their bulls. In my opinion it's a ticking time bomb...actually we have already had a few children's lived destroyed (which prompted the proposition to ban in the first place).

U should never ban a breed! Yes pitbulls were originally breed for fighting and whose fault was that.....us not the breed. These dogs would do anything for its human companion.....its tenacity and drive to love us is very powerfull....it wouldn't give a shit if it was breed for wearing a pink tu tu and to sit it's days in our lap. All they want to do is be loved by us. They should ban the fuckin humans who train their pits to fight period....jail time! Pitbulls aren't monsters its the guy at the other end of the leash who is the true monster! I will not comment on your situation as I do not know your history or experience with pitbulls and frankly do not want to get into it. Pitbulls aren't even in the top ten for dog bites in the U.S. . The number one on that list for most dog bites are golden retrievers the family dog! And the number one biter for toddlers and small children are chiquaqua's (spelling). Pitbulls make the news bc of orientation of the breed and their muscular bodies and block heads wich make them look like a bad ass and the bad guy. God forbid we put a golden retriever on the news nobody wants to hear about the family dog doing anything wrong....it just doesn't make a good headline. Fucking ignorance...pitbull terrier also is the most decorated dog in the U.S. military history for its heroisms and duty under combat. I am a part of several pitbull organizations who fight for image change with the media and also to help with petitions against banning the breed. I will ramble forever so I will stop now but we need to look at us humans and punish the people who make these dogs fight....it was apart of the breeds past and they do not have it in them from birth to fight. Pitbulls have a very strong personality and are very driven to please us and they did, by fighting for us along time ago bc thats all they new and now its our turn to fight for them and give them better life. Peace

I agree with everything you are saying. Golden retrievers probably are the worst offender - but do they lay down the type of damage? Bite vs. complete utter savage destruction that a bull is capable of?

I'm on your side believe me. I've owned a bull, and have loving relationships with quite a few of them. The problem is - we don't live in a vaccum. You can't remove the finger from the trigger. 90 percent of humans aren't qualified to work with a bull...but they are everywhere. Cities can't test the mental aptitude of breeders or owners. They are simply trying to cut their losses. The average pitbull owner where I am from is a total jackass thug that can barely spell their name. It worries me bigtime. Cops have real problems with it also...which is a whole different argument- but relative.

the problem in the inner cities is that everyone thinks it is cool to own the breed.. they see the rap videos ect and want to be apart of that "thug" culture and unfortunately they portray the breed as part of that.. the problem then becomes the one of training which most are not capable of doing nor want to do.. the like the aggressive portrayal of the pitt and therefore dont train them to be submissive.. too bad.. my red nose is the best dog i have ever had.. very docile.. a puss really.. almost embarrassing lol.. loves kids.. other dogs and sleeps most of time.. very lazy.. she is my buddy.. when i see the dogs abused and trained to fight i wish the penalties were stiffer for the owners..:mad:

I am so sick and tired of the misconceptions of American Pitbull Terriers. Fuck all the ghetto thugs, rapper wannabes, and southern gentlemen who own these wonderful loving dogs. One problem is that the majority of people who own these dogs have no idea what lines the dog comes from and its pedigree. Ask them sometime, and their response is usually, I don't know. They have no idea if the dog is old family or if the dog was bred razors edge, etc, etc. They also have no idea if the dog was bred for "game purposes" or as a family dog. There is a huge difference. I have a beautiful baby boy, 100% watchdog lines, who is 4 years old and battling lymphoma. He goes for chemotherapy weekly. When I watch the beginning of the video that was posted it just makes me sick. The people who did those things to those dogs should be shot in the head and left for dead. And the people who you refer to as "southern gentlemen" training their dogs on treadmills, fighting, game testing, etc are on the same level as the ghetto thugs. Their is nothing fascinating, as you say, about dog fighting. It is savage and disgusting. You would not find it fascinating if you actually watched what a dog fight entails. Bottom line is, I was agreeing with you until you mentioned those scumbag "southern gentlemen" and how fascinating they are. They are no better and have the same mentality as the ghetto thugs. PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED. BSL LAWS ARE BULLSHIT.

Last edited:
Bottom line is, I was agreeing with you until you mentioned those scumbag "southern gentlemen" and how fascinating they are. They are no better and have the same mentality as the ghetto thugs. PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED. BSL LAWS ARE BULLSHIT.

Thanx for the response - but maybe you should read my post a little more carefully before you start. First off- No where did I say "GENTLEMAN"....you made it sound like I revered these people. I said old Southern MEN. Second, from a scholarly approach IT IS FASCINATING TO ME. It's no different than when I am reading about Sicilian Mafia members, or Nazi's, or any other social outcast/criminal types. Know thy enemy friend. You can hardly speak intelligently on something unless you know a little background. Third - a great majority of these animals (like every other animal) sprung from some of these breeds that were cultivated by these very men. Whether you believe it or not, these guys truly loved their dogs. They truly believed that the dog was born to "compete", and trained them as athletes. These dogs were explicitly required to love their masters/people in general. A dog that didn't was cast aside. The whole theory of game testing springs from this. No dog fought..unless it wanted to fight. It had to be able to be handled without injury to humans. It was very organized, and taken very seriously. You don't have to teach a dog to fight for it to want to go toe to toe with another animal also. Just because you have a dog that doesn't- hardly changes this reality. Most pits I know are very animal aggressive, and yet babydolls to people. Fifth - it strikes me a very hypocritical that some of the same people that cry about dog fighting will watch two grown men beat the schnitzel out of eachother in a cage FOR MONEY.

Thanx for the response - but maybe you should read my post a little more carefully before you start. First off- No where did I say "GENTLEMAN"....you made it sound like I revered these people. I said old Southern MEN. Second, from a scholarly approach IT IS FASCINATING TO ME. It's no different than when I am reading about Sicilian Mafia members, or Nazi's, or any other social outcast/criminal types. Know thy enemy friend. You can hardly speak intelligently on something unless you know a little background. Third - a great majority of these animals (like every other animal) sprung from some of these breeds that were cultivated by these very men. Whether you believe it or not, these guys truly loved their dogs. They truly believed that the dog was born to "compete", and trained them as athletes. These dogs were explicitly required to love their masters/people in general. A dog that didn't was cast aside. The whole theory of game testing springs from this. No dog fought..unless it wanted to fight. It had to be able to be handled without injury to humans. It was very organized, and taken very seriously. You don't have to teach a dog to fight for it to want to go toe to toe with another animal also. Just because you have a dog that doesn't- hardly changes this reality. Most pits I know are very animal aggressive, and yet babydolls to people. Fifth - it strikes me a very hypocritical that some of the same people that cry about dog fighting will watch two grown men beat the schnitzel out of eachother in a cage FOR MONEY.
man damn good post bro! very few people know the actually history of this breed, im glad you took the time to do a little studying. and your last point was right on the money, people aren't making them guys get in that cage to beat the shit out of each other they do it for the love of it, the same goes with pits, they do it for the love of it cause thats what they were bred to do! pitdogs are scary to have around other animals, but the best damn pet and people lover you will find, they were culled to be that way, if you got in the pit in the old days and had 300 dollars waged on your dog and during the fight your dog bit the other handler that was in the pit, you lost your money, so that human hostility was cured out of them.

As I have stated in the other pit thread I really think that pits being on mtv has sealed their destiny. I don't agree with banning a breed but what is the answer then? Here in Vegas at the pound outta like 300 dogs I am serious about 4 were NOT pits. I have never owend a pit. My bro here has one and it is one of the coolest dogs I have ever met. I have also seen what I would consider to be very dangerous ones. I really think if say dobermans were embraced by that culture and in music videos we would be haveing the same discussion about them right now. Its a real shame for the animals but what can be done about it then? this is a tough one.

Sure it might be fascinating on a scholarly level, but other than that, the old southern men you refer to, such as Mayfield, Tudor, etc are still on the same level as the thuggs. Sure their fights were organized and held under the "cajun rule system", but it is still unexcusable for a man to take a dog and "train" it to fight. The dog cannot not think on its own like the two grown men who fight each other. The last I will say on this topic is that, most American Pitbull Terriers are not animal aggressive nor are they human aggressive. The dogs demeanor is based on how the owner treats, raises, and diciplines the dog. BSL laws are an excuse to not make the owners of aggressive dogs held liable for the dogs actions. The laws are wrong and punish an animal that was just doing what it was taught to do.

Mr. Endurance

You sound like you know what your talking about....My post was written with alot of emotion behind it. Its hard to think clearly at times when you see those horrible pictures. Its a hard subject and pits have such a bad stigma that even I as a owner of two red nose pits, I'm looked at like I'm low class and that pisses me off. There are tons of things to be talked about but those people are truely missing out on beautiful animal. As far as the bite thing your were talking about biting... yes the pitbull bite is very powerfull just like rotty's, german sherpards, and dobermans. The rotty and german sherpard have stronger bite then the pitbull terrier but they are hardly mentioned in the media and mistaken for a pitbull 90% of the time. I belive there should be a test for humans in order to get a rotty german sherpard, pitbull, dobermans, and so forth. These animals are all powerfull dogs and they need a very stronger leader type owner who can handle them. Not just anyone can have these dogs as pets they are demanding bc the need lots of exercise, attetion, discipline, and lots of love. Anyway its good to see alot of dog lovers at professionalmuscle and pitbull lovers too. To responsible pitbull owners out there only we can change the stigma of our breed by showing others how well behaved our dogs are for starters and to educate them. peace

id like to put a shot gun in the mouth of people who fight pits.
They are the most loyal breed known to man. when peopl fight them the dogsare brainwashed, they are not born like that. stupid fucks think pits are born with some agression and are naturally mean its all bs and ignorance.

mike vic should get shot in the face and left for dead because it makes him feel like more a man when makes little innocent animals fight eachother by starving them and beating them.

If you think pits should be banned ur as ignorant as anyother person who trains the dogs to fight. its not the dogs, they need to stop the people!

Objectivity

I whole heartedly agree with what everyone is saying. Believe me. I'm a former APBT OWNER! I love the dogs. I have 3 friends who still currently own the breed (they don't live in the city), and I have two dogs in my home right now. I think I need to clarify the points I am trying to make.

1. Dobies, boxers, Rotts ARE also very powerful dogs. (I'm of german descent, and my father had 3 Dobies growing up.....we also had Dauschsunds, and a boxer named Major who incidentally tried to kill one of our Dobies on numerous occasions...It was his life mission I believe. hahah)
--BUT - In my inner city - no one owns these dogs. EVERYONE has a freakin pitbull. Statistically this increases the problems that will be encountered.

2. Regardless of what your personal philosophy on matching dogs is. IT IS ENGRAINED WITHIN THE BREED. PROBABLY THE MAIN REASON YOU EVEN HAVE A PITBULL NOW IS BECAUSE OF THE HISTORIC INTEREST IN FIGHTING/WORKING THEM. There is no real way around it. The Colby family..(John Colby to be specific I believe) is basically the progenator of this breed. He brought examples from Europe, and they have been breeding ever since. There is a strong chance that some your dogs have a Colby as a distant relative. If not it's probably from another parallel example. They FOUGHT the dogs. PLain and simple. STILL DO. Go to the Colby website. It is quite interesting.

3. I'm not advocating on banning a breed. I'm simply stating that it is quite understandable that in certain geographical locations...the population simply isn't ready to handle this type of animal. That's all I am saying. Testing people etc....well we have to look at it through the eyes of a paper pusher/bean counter. It's hardly realistic. Breeders are doing a great disservice also. They need to be more selective on who the dogs go to.

Starving, abusing an animal, fighting it when it isn't game etc...etc..etc..
This all goes without saying, and it isn't the true history behind the practice. The Colbies didn't starve, beat, aggravate their dogs in any way. They loved their dogs. It's a completely different reality. You have to look at this within historical context.

Why if someone that has done some reading and searching on this breed still say they are/were breed for fighting. They were originally breed for Bull bating. Biting the giant rings that goes through a Bulls nose to bring them down. There were breed for sport but not originally fighting. You can't blame these dogs for how people treat them or teach them. Now I can tell ya that my pits is NO SAINT, she fucks things up. But not people or other animals that I haven't trained her to. By that I don't mean I've trained her to attack things. But I have gotten her worked up over squirrels and birds. That was something foolish on my part as she's ran off for days chasing birds through the fields and had me worried to no end. It all come down to the owners and how you socialize your dogs. I can take mine to a parade and if people wouldn't freak out I could walk her with no leash and never have a problem. i had her at the beach a few weeks ago and I watched one black couple jump up on the picknic table as we walked by. We were 8-10 feet away and she was leashed. It all come down to MISCONCEPTIONS of the breed

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
105octane
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws