over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

P90X

Ripper Jack

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I was thinking about starting this P90X program and wanted to know if anyone here has done it, and what results were gained? I have taken some time off and I thought this would be a good starting point. Thanks for any input!

Im a personal trainer and bought this program a long time ago. I got it for my girl to use at home. I went thru it with her to give her more confidence and I tell you what it kicked my ass! Its a very good program if you stick with it. Diet is key also. Their whole thing is HIIT training with muscle confusion and a good diet.

Good luck!

did it for a week lol
never quite made it through the full workout tho, its quite challenging even for a very seasoned endurance athlete
frk

From a study I read (in MD or something) it jacks your natural GH levels up during the workout...so its good for some fat loss...or if you want that soft sleek feminine look.

Are you just starting out lifting? There are way better things out there, what are you're goals? If you wanna be big and ripped you are looking at the wrong program.

I'm basically just starting back after a year off from car accident. I've worked out a couple times and I'm just weak now and thought I should start back by doing body weight resistance exercises just to build some strength back up, but yes I do want to be big and ripped.

I have two friends, one male and one female, that have both gotten very good results from P90X. It's not going to make you a monster but for getting a lean and athletic physique, it definitely works.

if you are a big muscular guy who has not focussed on any speed training or body weight exercises in a while it may be quite challenging.

A couple of my buddys did it and said it kicks your ass! I say go for it, it probably be good for you just coming back after a year. Diet is key to the program.

Yeah I would say coming back after a year to stick with something high volume just to build up your tendons and get back in the saddle. Afterwards, you can take on a heavier, lower volume program and put on some size.. Diet will always be more key that your program though, so try to stay disciplined on eating clean... Do not dirty bulk, you'll end up cutting the fat and losing your hard earned muscle in the process..

just because something kicks your ass doesnt mean its effective.weight training is about training the muscle to failure with progressivly heavier weghts(in a nut shell,of course much more to it)if beating yourself up was the goal contruction workers would look like pros,but most look pretty broke down.

Thanks for the input guys, I think its a good way to get back in the swing of things and get my diet in check. I'm gonna start this tomorrow and we'll see how it goes!

How is getting back in the swing of things any different than when you first started training? Did you do p90x when you first started? I have heard of tons of people doing it and seen people doing it in the gym and I have never seen one that is in impressive shape. I think if being small and skinny is your goal then it is definitely for you. But if you care at all about building actual muscle, I would hire a trainer instead and have them work on your goals with you.

For the average couch potato that has a gut and yells at the TV during sporting events, P90X is great. It would not, however fit the needs of anyone on this board unless there are some lurkers who are eating twinkies while reading this post.

its good for someone who needs to get off the twinkies, true story two guys come to my gym with a macbook and play the dvd right there in the gym and take up the power rack then after each segment they give eachother high fives and back pats...... I NEED TO SQUAT YOU p90x FUC*er's!!!!

SO MY OPINION ON THIS PROGRAM is it always seems to interupt my LEG DAY!!!! ;):mad:

If you havent been working out for about a year or so id say go for it and have fun!! Then after the 90 days, if your still interested it gettting bigger start a more mass building routine and diet..

take pics of your progress

I've seen some amazing results from P90x (from my coworkers). This includes some unfit folks and some extremely fit folks, but no bodybuilders. I had to retire from it due to hip issues, but my overall impression is it made me more "athletic" with the core exercises, yoga, and plyometrics. I still trained with weights but substitued P90x for my cardio.

its good for someone who needs to get off the twinkies, true story two guys come to my gym with a macbook and play the dvd right there in the gym and take up the power rack then after each segment they give eachother high fives and back pats...... I NEED TO SQUAT YOU p90x FUC*er's!!!!

SO MY OPINION ON THIS PROGRAM is it always seems to interupt my LEG DAY!!!! ;):mad:

Now thats some good writing there. .LMFAO

I was thinking about starting this P90X program and wanted to know if anyone here has done it, and what results were gained? I have taken some time off and I thought this would be a good starting point. Thanks for any input!

The nutrition manual that comes with this program is pretty cool. Full meal plans and shopping lists laid out for you.

For the average couch potato that has a gut and yells at the TV during sporting events, P90X is great. It would not, however fit the needs of anyone on this board unless there are some lurkers who are eating twinkies while reading this post.

Agreed

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity