over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Paul Saladio

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This MD is a strong supporter of a “carnivore or a in mail based” diet

he’s really fun to listen too, gets real deep on how lipid profiles can be “off” the normal docs “appropste levels” and how endothelial inflammation is more the problem than high LDL.

he advocateds a diet mostly consisting of grass fed beef, fish, whole eggs, and organ meats. Then “least toxic veggies and fruit”. These include olives, avocados, peeled zucchini, squash, and a few berries. He’s mostly Keto, works out and is pretty lean.

also, for high carb demands he recommends only real honey and white rice.

He has many bloodwoork profiles of his patients where his diet tanked their CRP just after a few weeks

I ordered some of his beef organ tablets, which is freeze dried liver, heart spleen, and kidney.

he has a lot of good podcasts and I think y’all will benefit from them. He talks about how nuts, beans, crucifies veggies have oxalates and are hard on the gut

reminds me of Stan efferding diet.

im going to try it.

m1: 93/7 grass fed beef
M2: chicken breasts with 3 fish oil
M3: chicken+avocado+ beef organs
M5: whey+1/2 cup Keifer+ fish oil+white rice
M6: 93/7 grass fed beef

veggies will be peeled zucchini, peeled cucumber, with a little blueberries and oranges in meal 2 and 3

And it’s Paul saladino. My bad

Everyone hates on the carnivore diet and I’m not really sure why. It’s essentially just an elimination diet and those can be beneficial for loads of populations.

The problem is, as with any elimination diet, is there isn’t a huge amount of science behind what to actually eliminate. Carnivore seems very restrictive in terms of what veg you can eat, which some people might need and some people might not.

I posted before about an elimination diet I did and the results were just weird. I can eat what and gluten all day without any problem but broccoli’ll fuck me up. You be hard pressed to find an elimination diet that advocated removing broccoli and keeping wheat, but here I am.

Just have to try it and see, like pretty much all things bodybuilding and diet related.

I see it as a derivative of the keto / paleo / Atkins diet, just someone who is exploiting another market niche. I am not saying that it is not effective or useful to take this approach, but I am not buying a new method. What I do is research and test what makes the most sense, works for me, and serves my bodybuilding purposes.

Of course, I hate vegans and I love meat, but I'm not moving to eat organs and cut out my veggies, I love them.

I've been on it since the first week of January. Paul Saladino is creepy as fuck and he says some pretty dodgy stuff, not to mention I think he way OVERSELLS it, but I don't really see any harm in using it temporarily to shed fat, find what foods your body likes, etc. How is it so much different than something like the steak and eggs diet? I've enjoyed it so far, there are pros and cons which I'll try to type up in a bit if work allows me.

Yea he oversells it, but some of the Mds and PHDs he interviews can be a good learning experience

Dr Ken Berry is a pretty decent guy to listen to.

Sorry for shitty formatting

OK I'll start off by saying that I have Crohns, and while I'm not using this to solve some sort of autoimmune issue, I've been a proponent of lower carb diets for this condition and have been asymptomatic for years. However, if you're trying this to treat any sort of medical issue, I have no opinion on it in that context and it would be irresponsible of me to give you advice on that matter. However, I start having a few stomach issues, so I decided to try it for the month.

Also, I'm used to these types of diets and my body loves them, so I don't experience some of the side effects others might; not the least of which is a change in gut microbiome which can give a lot of people diarrhea for up to two weeks. Some experience the opposite and get constipated. If that's the case, there's nothing wrong with a fiber supplement. Since you're not eating any veggies, electrolyte supplementation is even more important, don't wait until you feel bad to catch up on them. Brain fog, headaches and fatigue are common signs that you're not getting what you need.

The diet itself is keto and it isn't. There's also the possibility that excess protein is keeping you out of it. Yes, it puts you in ketosis for most, but I've found I need to eat much more fat than on a traditional keto diet in order to feel satisfied. Currently, my macros sit at about 66% fat, 33% protein. This can get expensive as five or six pounds of meat a day isn't uncommon for me. Despite this, I have zero digestion issues and I don't feel bloated or overfed. However, hunger remains an issue and I personally feel a stronger desire to go off diet, for this reason. Again, that's purely a personal thing.

On strict carnivore, as in animal products only, my body really did seem to just hum along. Mood and energy are always stable, I feel mentally sharper, my stomach remained flat, workouts didn't suffer much but obviously won't be the same without carbs in there, recovery seems about average. This is mostly the case with most keto diets, though.

At this point, I'm beginning to cut back on fat more and reintroduce non-carnivore things like bell peppers and mushrooms. So far, so good.

I'll be in and out all day, so if anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer from my perspective the best I can

I think it is the optimum human diet. Optimum for bodybuilding? No. But for health and longevity and even performance? You bet. I follow Dr. Shawn Baker on Instagram and many other groups on Facebook. It is something I strive for and very gradually work towards as my diet slowly becomes more and more animal based. I still indulge, here and there so I'm not strict carnivore, but it is an excellent diet, especially for cutting. Obviously tolerances vary with other foods, especially veggies, but given any health issues whether mental or physical, i think this diet would be the best place to start to alleviate symptoms. People still come forward everyday on Baker's profile thanking him for promoting the diet that cured their autoimmune diseases, crohns, ibs, depression, RA, psoriasis, etc, you name it. It only serves to show how about 90% of most diseases are actually diet related. I will definitely continue to establish the diet more and more as I get older.

I think its an interesting diet but Paul annoys me and he pushes it too hard.
He's been on several podcasts and used some iffy studies to his benefit. I get trying to push just meat and organs....but going the "well vegetables are actually BAD for you" is another step and it sounds like he's off the deep end. Lets remember that this guy had vegetarian style diet BEFORE doing this carnivore thing. Doing two biiiig swings to the extremes of each....realistically, the best diet is probably somewhere in the middle.

It "sounds crazy" because the "eat your veggies because they're good for you" thing has been passed down and brainwashed into everyone since they were kids. Of course it's going to sound crazy. But when you do hear about some folks whose health has improved or had debilitating issues until they stopped eating veggies, it makes you stop and actually think instead of simply accepting what you've been told all your life. Just like any living organism, plants don't want to be eaten, and they can't just get up and run away, but they do produce antinutrients and other toxins to kill predators or at least slowly poison larger predators such as ourselves. Tolerances vary, and some things can be neutral at best, but healthy? Um no. I don't agree with Saladino in that consuming organ meats are necessary. They just aren't and there are plenty of people who have not for decades and are in perfect health, including Dr. Shawn Baker who is going on over 4 years carnivore now. But somewhere in the middle, may be more sustainable and healthy for some without developing issues, but saying eating foods outside of what we're designed to eat is the healthiest is like saying its probably healthy if a wolf ate a diet of meat, but probably included some celery and pasta in there as well. It just doesn't work that way.

It "sounds crazy" because the "eat your veggies because they're good for you" thing has been passed down and brainwashed into everyone since they were kids. Of course it's going to sound crazy. But when you do hear about some folks whose health has improved or had debilitating issues until they stopped eating veggies, it makes you stop and actually think instead of simply accepting what you've been told all your life. Just like any living organism, plants don't want to be eaten, and they can't just get up and run away, but they do produce antinutrients and other toxins to kill predators or at least slowly poison larger predators such as ourselves. Tolerances vary, and some things can be neutral at best, but healthy? Um no. I don't agree with Saladino in that consuming organ meats are necessary. They just aren't and there are plenty of people who have not for decades and are in perfect health, including Dr. Shawn Baker who is going on over 4 years carnivore now. But somewhere in the middle, may be more sustainable and healthy for some without developing issues, but saying eating foods outside of what we're designed to eat is the healthiest is like saying its probably healthy if a wolf ate a diet of meat, but probably included some celery and pasta in there as well. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, in fact I'm glad you're posting in here because we could use some experienced voices, but I really would like to see more anthropological data on diets of humans pre agricultural revolution. It's theorized that we mainly ate plants, grains and other carb sources when protein wasn't available; 'filler', for lack of a better term. I would love to see something, some kind of research pointing in that direction, but I'm unfortunately pretty ignorant on this matter. Would kinda make sense for me to study a little more, eh? Mind you, I'm not asking YOU that question, it's just something posited by the carnivore crowd and I'm wondering how true it is. Guess I need to start reading more.

You'd think since I love anthropology and early civilizations that I would have studied their diets, as well, but there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of really good info on diets of early man. It's obvious they preferred animal protein, but were there still times they sought out certain vegetables, fruit and other carb sources for certain reasons, or were they simply used as sustenance when protein was scarce?

For me, tons of questions surrounding the research, purported benefits especially regarding autoimmune disorders, the validity of diet claims of early man, etc. In the meantime, however, I've quite enjoyed the diet and feel phenomenal. I post plenty of pics in the food thread, so you can see what I eat. Strict carnivore, for me, was red meat, whole eggs, butter, salt, pepper, water and green tea. I even cut out artificial sweeteners. Very gradually, other animal products were added back in, like full fat Cottage Cheese. Right now, I'm at the base diet of steak (semi lean cuts) and eggs remaining constant, butter, a little bacon and handmade pork sausage from a friend who processes everything he kills, a little cheese, cottage cheese, bell peppers and mushrooms. So far, so good, although I do find I get slightly gassy from bell peppers.

By the way, Mark Bell has some decent carnivore info, as well, although he now includes some carbs. You have to sift through the videos, though, most are just repeats of another one with a different title so he can keep putting out content lol

There is a lot of good info in the two links I provided above, but it never hurts to do more research and find your own answers. I personally still like some veggies too, just because I grew up eating it. I love hot peppers, onions, tomatoes, but if I've learned anything its that veggies can be tolerated but should never be considered a necessary component of anyone's diet. Various native American tribes, Eskimo, and aborigines ate primarily meat, but once certain tubers, berries, corn and other carbohydrate sources were used beyond the occasional seasonal use, and incorporated into the diet regularly, diabetes, atherosclerosis and tooth decay became more prevelant. But I don't take disagreement as disrespect and I respect everyone's perspective and only hope to either learn myself or shed light for others. I do like Mark Bell's content, some of William Shewfelt, Baker, Jordan Peterson's daughter Mikhaila, and many others. I've done a strict carnivore diet for a good length of time in the past, and I felt great, lost water weight, more vascular, appetite goes down, and energy out the ass. But my ego gets me and I want to try to put on more size and eat some shit(fruits, veggies, carbs, etc.) and I feel it.lol. especially inflammation, joint pain comes back, more bloat, less energy. But I'll be old enough one of these days that I'll just want to feel good, not be in pain, and as long as I'm not a fat fuck, I probably won't care how big my muscles are to satisfy my ego.

Definitely, steak and eggs was primarily my go to for cutting water and fat quickly, anyway, but if you're eating enough and your electrolytes are in check, you'll be dry yet full, strong and vascular. Energy and mood are constant and stable and you'll find you require less sleep, which being an already shitty sleeper, can throw you off, but you feel more fulfilled on less. My only issue now is hunger. It seems I can go a few days at a time without feeling very hungry at all, no cravings, and then they're suddenly pretty strong. I don't get this on more conventional keto diets, they tend to have a habit of killing hunger for longer. I have to eat quite a bit to really feel satisfied.

I don't think it's correct to think of humans as wolves or lions, we are not totally carnivores like the felines.

Throughout history there have been different types of diet due to environmental circumstances, where there was more fruit and vegetation, men would consume more of these foods. There are tribes that live practically on milk, which is not meat. Eskimos eat fish and very high-fat diets, but they endure extreme climates and many periods of fasting.

For me the point is not to find the perfect diet by looking at the men of the past (at the end of the day we can have other different goals), but to understand that there is real or convenient food (even processed like protein shakes) and junk food in the food store that sold as food. Once you understand and make this distinction, you are on the right path to health and wellness, whether you are on a vegan, meat-eating, paleo, keto diet ...

What definitely sucks, we all already know: processed foods with endless lists of ingredients, sugars, hydrogenated fats, refined flours, anything that does not grow from the ground, from the tree or bone part of an animal is something that probably is not better for you.

I believe that these 2 quotes are still true, and although there are exceptions and personal circumstances, you will be fine if you always keep them in mind:

"If man made it, don't eat it."

"If it tastes good, spit it out."

Jack Lalanne

The idea that plants don’t want to be eaten is not accurate in all circumstances. Fruit, for example wants to be eaten, hence the sweet taste. There are even fruits out there whose seeds need to be digested in order to sprout.

Carnivore diet highlights how important it is to find foods that don’t cause inflammation. For some that’s just meat and organs, others can include certain veg. It’s not all the same for everyone

Don’t look back on ancestor diets they didn’t live that long and had no choices like we do now it’s annoying when people say this eat what are ancestors ate they went out hunted and had to kill animals to survive they didn’t know what a macronutrient micronutrient was.

a simple balanced diet is what works

and make your food taste amazing

Don’t look back on ancestor diets they didn’t live that long and had no choices like we do now it’s annoying when people say this eat what are ancestors ate they went out hunted and had to kill animals to survive they didn’t know what a macronutrient micronutrient was.

a simple balanced diet is what works

and make your food taste amazing
We can agree to disagree on the ancestors diet thing, if modern medicine was around back then hardly anyone would have died. Ancient Africans NEVER had diabetes, and now look at how many African American have diabetes and heart disease...(diet)

I could honestly go really far down this rabbit hole and show you the matrix but it will do nothing but upset me so I tend to stay away from these topics. Everyone has the choice of the red or blue pill...choose wisely 😉

really we can cure diebetes that is either a immune system that attacked the beta cells and now the pancreas no longer produces enough insulin.

Or type 2 with a half working pancreas that will fail

because you go full Keto and slow down that blood sugar spike yet all food causes insulin to be spiked

how do you cure a type 2 does the Keto magically allow me to then go back to a normal carb diet or is the magic that I now just eat a Keto diet a boom I’m cured ?

if your telling me no I need to eat Keto from now or very little carbs then you didn’t cure type 2 did you ?

no what you’ve done is prevent blood sugar spiking from low carbs but the underlying problem is still there

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131