over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pec Tear

Orgasmo

Registered
This will be my first post on this board and I wish it could be on another topic. I just recently torn my right pec and have to go under the knife next week. Unfortunatly I did not have a clean tear from the bone so the Doc said that it is not the best case to have. Anyways just looking for some insight from you guys as to what I can expect and how some of you have recovered.

Bump

Weight77 just went through this. Haven't seen him here much since we've been back online. You may to do a search for his experiences.

Wish you well

Can't help U out here but I wish U a full & speedy recovery.

wedge

i did the same and ruptured the tendon, your in for a good 4 months of rehab. painfull as hell after the surgery, i was in a sling for 8weeks. it looks pretty much the same as when i tore it. as far as strength i started back with hammer strength machines with no weight on them. its almost been 2 years i'm stronger than ever but will never flat bench again. be patient it takes time to heal, run some gh will its rehabing if ya can.

Thanks for the support. Just got the surgery yesterday and I'm doing pretty well. They gave me shot in neck before I left the other day that made my whole arm numb for about 12 hours but when it whore off at about 2 AM I felt it. I've got a good Doc here in Cincy so that helps. If anyone is in this area I strongly recommend Them "Beacon Orthopedics". I'll try and keep some updates going so anyone who has the same misfortune in the future can have some info.

Edge when did you start the gh and at what dose? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

I feel for ya man! I damn near tore my pec in January and took it light for a while. Just stay focused and hungry. It will be painful I am sure but most people (like edge250) come back and get stronger. Good luck man. keep us updated!

TH

Wish you a speedy recovery and renewed muscle soon, bro!

Just got back from my first check-up and everything looks good so far. I am by no means the biggest guy around but he told me it took four of them to pull my tendon back up so they could anchor it. I can already tell a difference in the shape of my right pec since they anchored then tendon down. Hopefully it will heal close to what it looked like before. He told me it was worse than he had thought once he got in there and it was like trying to stich up a wet mop but they got it done. Still a long road ahead, I'll keep you guys posted

Sorry to hear bro.....

Weight 77 seemed to use the time to bring up his wheels which he did sucsessfully I might add. Good luck on your road to recovery!

GET BETTER SOON....DON'T RUSH IT.

I HAD A BICEP REPAIRED........FIND OTHER STUFF TO TRAIN. DO NOT REINJURE YOURSELF. THAT'S WHAT I'D SAY.

Anyone have any more insight on the use of HGH during recovery like I'm going trough? I was thinking maybe 4 or even 2 IU per a day might help with the tendon repair.

I did mine in march. I tore it the day of the ASC. Anyway, I took my rehab way to slow. I should have been back in the gym during the 3rd month, instead I did not get back in until half way through the frouth. But I am fine now. Things are getting back to normal. I lost about 35lbs and have put back on about 15lbs. But it is coming pretty fast. Think god. I see it as just a small bump in the road. In my mind I did not tear my pec, I just took a much needed break from training and drugs espically. I forgot what it felt like to be natural. Or what it feels like to be able to go right to sleep at night, or how it feels not always be so fucking anxious.

Your situation is a bit different than mine. More than likely your pec will be shorter in length becuase of how it was torn. Mine was straight from the bone and so they did not have to stretch the tendon up to connect it back to the bone. You on the other hand had a tear in the middle or close to the middle of your tendon. Atleast that is what I hope, I hope you did not tear the tendon away from the muscle. But that is not likely. Good luck on the recovery. You can make it back in the gym alot fast than they tell you if you do your rehab. After 6 weeks the tendon is as sealed in as it is ever gonna be. The rest is just getting the muscle and the surrounding muscles there strength back. You arm, shoulder, and forearm will shrink up real nice but it only take 2-3 weeks back in the gym before they even up with the other arm.

Try and make this a productive lay off. I was in the gym doing squats 2 times a week and claves 3 times a week. In a way the tear was a good thing becuase I have made some huge improvements in my quads. Stay positive and don't let this shit get you down. Kevin levrone tore his pec early in his career an look what he did. good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys guys they mean and help alot. I took some pictures with my sisters camera the other day I'll post them up once she sends them to me.

Little offtopic but, I'm wondering If I have manged to tear some of my pec.
I felt a strange pain after doin close grip bench presses in the smith machine last friday but the pain went away after like an hour and I didn't think much more of it, but when I came to the gym yesterday(Mon) and was going to do inclined presses I got an awful pain between like the left shoulder and pec. Couldn't perform anything more at the gym and just had to go home:(

Can't really locate the pain it's sort of like in the front deltoid head and upper chest. The worst pain came when I tryed to move the arm backwards if like getting ready for doing a overhaed press or a pullover manouver.

Is some of the connective tissue in the pec torn or may this be a tendon injury, anyone know? What should I do in instance?

Diskey The only real way to know for sure is to go to a good doctor and I don't mean an ER type doctor but someone who specializes in sports injuries. You may have strained the muscle or tendon which can cause some severe pain because I did that to my hamstring years ago. However if you did tear something you would have some bruising in the area. Hope it's nothing major bro.

Last edited:
Good luck and our thoughts are with you in your recovery.

T

Weight77
Hey bro how long did you wait until you started training legs? I get my stiches out this Friday & I will see what the Doc says then. They told me my tear was not the best case or the worst but somewhere in the middle. The tendon did not tear from the bone which he said would be ideal but rather tor in the middle. They went ahead and put in 3 anchors and then stiched up the tendon. How bad is you're scar bro? They keep most of mine in my arm pit area to try and hide it.

Here are some pictures they are about one week post surgery. I haven't really noticed all the size I've aready lost until I saw these but I had just finished my cycle maybe 4-5 days before I did and now I hardly eat anything. I'm hoping to get cleared to do legs and cardio after my meeting with the Doc tommrrow so I can get back to somewhat of a normal schedule.

Attachments

• closeup%20of%20incision%20003.jpg
    closeup%20of%20incision%20003.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,156
Sorry if that first one looked kind of sick.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear