advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Performance MacroPhase - (Hyrox Hong Kong, Muay Thai World Championships, Speed Camp)

Do you find treadmill work actually causes knee pain ? In the fact that your knees are pushing against the belt ? I think I'll have to stick to unpaved runs until my knee fully heals. Also going to start kneesoverrtoes exercises.
Not being able to consistently run is killing my mood as I look forward to hitting my runs as part of my daily work outs. Also keeps the fluff down so to speak. I suppose I can hit stairs in the meantime. Just not the same.
Evening mate

What was the final diagnosis? And how far along are you in the recovery process?

Also do you have any videos you can send me with your running form specifically at different tempos ?

Personally, since I corrected my form I no longer get knee pain, shin splints or gastroc/soleus issues.

Evening mate

What was the final diagnosis? And how far along are you in the recovery process?

Also do you have any videos you can send me with your running form specifically at different tempos ?

Personally, since I corrected my form I no longer get knee pain, shin splints or gastroc/soleus issues.
My back was out of alignment and had me sorta walking/running peg legged. One leg longer than the other.
Once I got that straightened out, my knees felt so much better. I'm going to wait until Monday to start running again. In the meantime I've just been using the stair master and adding more speed focused rounds on the aqua bag.
I bought a wheel sled so I could start the kneesovertoes PT routine

Great log always interested to see how you train. Any recommendations for someone who is looking to add functional stuff/calesthenics into the mix after always training bodybuilding style? Just add them to their days (tons of dips on chest day in place of presses, more chins etc for back on back day), or have separate days where we focus on bodyweight exercises then other days where we lift?

Big Update
Training
June 5
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (conventional striking + clench work)
Second Session
60 Muay Thai (Hard pad work)

Afternoon Human Performance
30 Bike
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Strength
Dumbbell SLDL 5x12
Leg Press 4x50
Conditioning 4 Rounds
Jumping rear elevated split squats, dumbbell floor press, band resisted push ups, bench dips, dumbbell lateral raises, dumbbell curls, dumbbell triceps extension

June 6
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (clench to knee, clench to elbow)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai (soft sparring)

June 7
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (hip turn emphasis)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai (low kick emphasis)
Night Cardio
45 Recovery Run

June 8
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (left knee/uppercut to elbow)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai (Technical Sparring)

Night Performance
30 Min Bike
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Strength
3x15 Dumbbell SLDL
2x10 Dumbbell Split Leg SLDL
Movement
6x25 Band Assisted Explosive Pull Ups
4x20 Band Assisted Slow Pull Ups + 15/15 Split Squats
Cool Down
Rehab movements/injury prevention

June 9-11
Food Poisoning (again for real)

June 12
Morning Cardio Open Lungs Up
30 Elliptical
30 Incline Walk
15 Stretching

Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai - (Functional Work Capacity /
3/1)

June 13
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai - (Non-Functional Work Capacity 5/1)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai - (Skills Isolation)

June 14
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (hip turn overs)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai (lactic threshold)

Afternoon HP
30 Elliptical
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Strength
3x15 Dumbbell SLDL
6x20 Yard Sled Push
Performance
100 Band Assisted Pull Ups
Activation
5 Rounds - Thigh Band Monster Walks Various
BW Calf Raises + Tib Raises

Notes: Will be going to 200 test + 450 EQ to taper down instead of 600 to 300

Officially in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) for the month - change of training venue

Much hotter / more humid than Phuket

Having issues with micro nutrients despite consuming 5+ grams of sodium per day

Weight was at 203 today, came out at 214. Dropping weight too quickly. Need to intake more calories so training schedule will have some tweaks put in.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.png
    IMG_3021.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3020.png
    IMG_3020.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 22
Do you find treadmill work actually causes knee pain ? In the fact that your knees are pushing against the belt ? I think I'll have to stick to unpaved runs until my knee fully heals. Also going to start kneesoverrtoes exercises.
Not being able to consistently run is killing my mood as I look forward to hitting my runs as part of my daily work outs. Also keeps the fluff down so to speak. I suppose I can hit stairs in the meantime. Just not the same.
Big question - do you have a tread that can go at a decline

Try a -1% decline that might clear it up and also allow you to train cadence a bit easier

Personally I cross my feet over a bit more on a tread and that usually lends to unusual aches and pains for me

Great log always interested to see how you train. Any recommendations for someone who is looking to add functional stuff/calesthenics into the mix after always training bodybuilding style? Just add them to their days (tons of dips on chest day in place of presses, more chins etc for back on back day), or have separate days where we focus on bodyweight exercises then other days where we lift?
Easiest answer for me is

1) Specifically isolate your goals for whatever training mesocycle you are in and make a full conversion for a given period of time. Light anabolics + calinesthetics and more cardio… your physique won’t degrade much if any and you’ll open the door to a completely new realm.

If you’re just looking for functional movement strength too (ie 15 pull ups or something - that requires a completely different set of tools)

2) Add in a complex full body warm up using bodyweight exercises to both bulletproof yourself but also aid in general/active recovery.

Big question - do you have a tread that can go at a decline

Try a -1% decline that might clear it up and also allow you to train cadence a bit easier

Personally I cross my feet over a bit more on a tread and that usually lends to unusual aches and pains for me
funny you mention decline.. i noticed the treadmill was defaulting to -1 decline hence the increased pressure on my knees.
i never noticed that before. resetting the default to 0 seems to have resolved that issue...
anyway, after getting the back adjustment, copious amounts of topical CBD(200mg/ml in DMSO), and of course time, i no longer feel
aches/pains with just everyday movement.
at the local track, i hit a 14min pace 3 miler the other day... just cause i had to get out and MOVE... was going crazy.. although second place that really helps my mental is
hitting the heavy bag for multiple rounds

Apologies if this seems obvious to anyone else, or if you already mentioned it, but what does "Environmental Adjustment" consist of?

Apologies if this seems obvious to anyone else, or if you already mentioned it, but what does "Environmental Adjustment" consist of?
100% a valid question mate.

Going from indoor air conned “premium gyms” in the states to well…

Training in large aluminum roofed outdoor structures in SE Asia at 95 degrees and 80% humidity. No air con.

Essentially outdoor exposure to get used to higher rates of perspiration/ heat exposure

Two months-ish deep into the trip already and I’m still not fully acclimated. The switch from just Phuket to Saigon last week has even been brutal. Rate of processing micro nutrients in different environments has massive implications on capable work capacity and actual quality of output.

Attachments

• IMG_3033.png
    IMG_3033.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 3
I forgot. What have you found to be your ideal PED endurance stack ? Meaning what have you found that actually works. Compounds. Dose. Dosing frequency.
I think I've dialed it in myself and it's certainly lower test. I've been running 1gm of test of late. But this week I didn't pin any test. Around Weds I pissed out a shit ton. On Friday I hit a 3miler l, but found it to be so easy that I was went for another 3. For a total of 6. Could have gone more. Then came back to house and hit aqua bag for another hour. Each round starting slow and by the end of the 5min round was throwing pretty fast. I probably worked out for 4hrs. Was feeling really good.
Repeasted the same last night. Endurance and recovery is through the roof. Only difference is lowering the test dose. Still on my halo though. Shit is crazy for focus.. especially when getting deep into a round or a run.
Lifts are still strong. I really have to keep my squats to either body weight or LOW weight barbell squats. Just really concerned about keeping my knees healthy so I can hit my runs. It's mental health issue at this point.

After this trip I should know precisely…

Endurance for:
LSD
100 Test, 400-600 EQ, 20GW day of activity
Sprints
200 Test, 600-900 EQ, 30GW day of activity, 25-50mg oral HP
Sport Specific
150 Test 800-900 EQ, 20 GW day of activity

EPO I am fiddling with - in Vietnam right now. Need insulin pins, not sure if I can get over the counter here. On my to do list.

Due to the heat here hesitant to take larger dosages. Looking at doing 500 units daily.

Endurance for:
LSD
Sprints
Sport Specific

EPO I am fiddling with - in Vietnam right now. Need insulin pins, not sure if I can get over the counter here. On my to do list.

Due to the heat here hesitant to take larger dosages. Looking at doing 500 units daily.
Going to keep this in mind for when I plan my next round of gear to use.
I set out for 5miles today, got to a mile and right knee said enough.
I could have pushed through but my times are getting slower.
So going to just hit the bike tomorrow. Or maybe just box. 2 consecutive 6 mile days and my right knee is screaming. I find myself peg legged again. Right leg is longer than left.
So I either need to get an adjustment every week or maybe look into a hanging inversion board.
Not sure whats throwing off my back/hip alignment causing one side to end up longer than the other.

Going to keep this in mind for when I plan my next round of gear to use.
I set out for 5miles today, got to a mile and right knee said enough.
I could have pushed through but my times are getting slower.
So going to just hit the bike tomorrow. Or maybe just box. 2 consecutive 6 mile days and my right knee is screaming. I find myself peg legged again. Right leg is longer than left.
So I either need to get an adjustment every week or maybe look into a hanging inversion board.
Not sure whats throwing off my back/hip alignment causing one side to end up longer than the other.
What programming are you running for your runs?

Question time
Time is slowing down but how is strength? Have you done a gait analysis?
Do you just train LSD or any sprint work? Patterning work?
Specifically targeting hip flexors at all?
Mobility work?

What programming are you running for your runs?

Question time
Time is slowing down but how is strength? Have you done a gait analysis?
Do you just train LSD or any sprint work? Patterning work?
Specifically targeting hip flexors at all?
Mobility work?
no programming.. i'm just running.. my times are slower as i'm trying to avoid landing on my right knee at a certain position.
my lower and upper body is still strong.. it's just that my knee starts to feel tender.. but it's only on the outside of the knee.. LCL
seems to be a common 'injury' for distance runners(not sure 5-6miles is considered distance).. i think the root of the problem comes down to
hip alignment getting out of whack.. so probably need to stat focusing on daily hip alignment exercises to ensure all is in place for my daily runs.
so ill start there and see if things get better.

Endurance for:
LSD
Sprints
Sport Specific
What do you mean by “oral HP”?

And which types of sports would you consider appropriate to use the sport specific triplet?

Training
June 15
Morning Skills (60 Muay Thai - Foot Work)
Afternoon Skills (60 Muay Thai - 5/2 1 6 Rounds Hard Pad Work)

June 16
Morning Cardio
30 Elliptical
10 Stretch
45 Run
Fly to Hanoi

June 17
Off Completely

June 18
Morning Hotel Gym Session
30 Elliptical
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Strength
4x15 Dumbell SLDL
Posterior Chain Circuit
6x12 lat pull down + 6x8 Split Dumbell SLDL
Seated Rows
4x20
Back Bulletproofing - 5 Rounds
Cable Lat Flexion + Single Arm Banded Pulls + Rotation + Dumbell shrug
30 Elliptical
30 Cycle

June 19
Morning Cardio
30 Elliptical
60 Bike

June 20
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (base performance - low output)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai

June 21
Morning Cardio
40 Recovery Run
Morning Skills - 60 Muay Thai (power generation - cables)
Afternoon Performance
30 Elliptical
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Strength
5x20 Dumbell SLDL
Basic Activation - 5 Rounds
10 Perfect Form Pull Ups
20 Perfect Form Push Ups
Maintaining Activation - 3 Rounds
Lat Pull Downs + Floor Press
June 22

Completely Off - Heat got to me the 20-21st

no programming.. i'm just running.. my times are slower as i'm trying to avoid landing on my right knee at a certain position.
my lower and upper body is still strong.. it's just that my knee starts to feel tender.. but it's only on the outside of the knee.. LCL
seems to be a common 'injury' for distance runners(not sure 5-6miles is considered distance).. i think the root of the problem comes down to
hip alignment getting out of whack.. so probably need to stat focusing on daily hip alignment exercises to ensure all is in place for my daily runs.
so ill start there and see if things get better.

Apologies but not trying to preach mate - a lot of people traditionally think… “the more I run, the faster I’ll get”

I’ve found this to be beyond counter productive. Building generalized form and base level endurance sure, but without a methodical approach to programming and training various energy systems and movement pattern eventually you’ll settle in. It’s like just haphazardly going to the gym and hoping for improvement.

I used to just crush miles and all it did was break me down.

Can you get me a short video of your gait while you run from the back and preferably the front? Casual comfortable pace

What do you mean by “oral HP”?

And which types of sports would you consider appropriate to use the sport specific triplet?
Sorry mate

Oral administered days of “high/human performance training”

For the sports I would I guess rephrase that to “in season”

Possible to upload videos here without a URL?

Attachments

• IMG_3172.jpeg
    IMG_3172.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 22

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner