over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Davis v Rashad Evans

As for Stann, don't even bother. I didn't buy the UFC hype and Stann's record isn't exactly what you'd call "impressive." He lost to Phil Davis, FCOL. I mean seriously. Are we even arguing about this?

but he was a Marine.

i hate bisping but hes got mad skillz....bisping is a better wrestler than silva tho...silva was stuck like chuck when cheal put him on tha mat for rnd after rnd....bisping didnt have to hard of time gettin up

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Are you saying that testosterone isn't a performance enhancer and that having nearly 4x the legal limit is not going to give you a huge advantage over your opponent? I'm neither understanding your argument nor your hostility.

no it isn't a performance enhancer in the cage. just like it doesn't make you hit the ball any farther, or run any faster.
all benefits are realized off the playing field, and in that case, if you think there are pro athletes with the chance of making a ton of money do not use ped during times when they are not tested is just crazy talk

I didn't buy the UFC hype and Stann's record isn't exactly what you'd call "impressive." He lost to Phil Davis, FCOL. I mean seriously. Are we even arguing about this?

Yeah, Stann lost to Phil Davis. Davis sucks! He's 9-1 with his loss coming to the #2 light-heavyweight in the world.

Stann has since moved to middleweight which suits him much better size-wise, though he was the WEC light-heavyweight champ for short time. Coming into the Sonnen fight, his record was 11-3.

Styles make fights. Stann lost to Davis because Stann's biggest weakness is Davis's biggest strength (wrestling). And last night, Bisping had awesome take-down defense and Sonnen, an Olympic class wrestler, still took him down multiple times. Bisping's guard was also excellent and Sonnen had difficulty keeping him down and passing the guard until the 3rd.

Physically, Sonnen looked as good for this fight as any in his career:

2009 - Sonnen beatdown Miller, Okami, and Marquardt (who tested positive for illegal substances and is now out of the UFC) within the next 8 months
**broken link removed**

2012 - day before fighting Bisping
**broken link removed**

If anything, Sonnen looks bigger now. I met Sonnen in person just before he started cutting for last night's fight. He was huge. Look at his pics throughout his career, he's only gotten in better shape.

To say he's off the roids now like he used to be and that's why he didn't dominate last night is incredibly stupid. Sorry.

To say he's off the roids now like he used to be and that's why he didn't dominate last night is incredibly stupid. Sorry.

Who said that? What's stupid is to misinterpret a post and then call someone out for your inability to parse it. And who said Davis sucks? He still has a long career ahead of him and I assume he'll improve and become a force. My point is that, as we saw last night, he's not bad but he isn't great... yet. Time will tell that story.

Notice how now that Sonnen isn't juiced-to-the-gills, he just looks like a regular fighter?

Who said that? What's stupid is to misinterpret a post and then call someone out for your inability to parse it.

Dunno, man. Guess I gotta work on my parsing skills.

Skill and strength-wise, Sonnen is as good as ever. Just had a tough match-up last night. Physically, find pictures from last night and compare them to any from earlier in his career. Sonnen is bigger and in better shape NOW. Just don't take off-season pics of him standing at a weird angle at 215+ and compare them to pics of him on weigh-in day at 185.

You also said "Stann lost to Davis for crying out loud!" to make the point Stann had an unimpressive record. I thought you were implying that Davis wasn't very good. Again, I guess I need to work on my parsing skills.

So, in your head, me saying that Sonnen isn't "juiced-to-the-gills" means the same thing as he isn't on TRT anymore (even though I, and anyone that follows MMA, know he is)?
And I didn't once mention or allude to Davis's record. See, my previous point and what I think of Davis. He's green.

So, in your head, me saying that Sonnen isn't "juiced-to-the-gills" means the same thing as he isn't on TRT anymore (even though I, and anyone that follows MMA, know he is)?
And I didn't once mention or allude to Davis's record. See, my previous point and what I think of Davis. He's green.

By juiced-to-the-gills, I thought you meant TRT and probably other compounds as well.

I don't know what Sonnen takes. He's admitted to TRT. Who knows if he takes other stuff. Wouldn't shock me if he did.

Sonnen though doesn't look like others wrestlers like Mark Kerr and Mark Coleman who have admitted to past steroid use. Sonnen has never been super jacked. He's strong. But that hasn't changed. He's strong now and has been for years.

He has, however, become more muscular and defined looking over time. I'd say right now more than ever. If he is doing more than TRT, I'd argue he's doing more of it now than 2 or 3 or 4 years ago.

He had a tough fight last night. And now - "He must be off the juice!"

Last edited:
Dunno about juiced, but the way Sonnen's been talking lately it wouldn't surprise me if he was coked of his head...

Dunno about juiced, but the way Sonnen's been talking lately it wouldn't surprise me if he was coked of his head...

Did you happen to catch the Post-Fight presser? He was out of character and was just being a normal, decent dude.

i enjoyed the fights last night but i guess i would since i was there and 5 rows back.....:D

Did you happen to catch the Post-Fight presser? He was out of character and was just being a normal, decent dude.

no I missed it... maybe they told him to tone it down a bit. I can image they want the fighters to be entertaining but he was getting too much like WWE...

Even though Evans didnt get a knock out I think he made a big statement beating Davis.

The crusifix he put on Davis a few times is hard to do. He di that to a wrestler to. I think Rashad has his eyes on one thing UFC BELT and to beat the egotistical retard that calls himself Bones retard Jones. Wait a minute thats a new name for him:)

Sonnens trash talk appeals to juveniles and the WWE type fans. He lost the biggest fight of his life then tested over the limit. The only thing he could do to keep his name relevant while serving his suspension was talk trash. He took it a little to far with some statements and Silva promised to punish him in the rematch. Sonnen off the sauce versus an injury free Silva. In a rematch odds definetly favor Silva.

Sodzl, do you think the home-field-advantage is a strong enough advantage to negate Silva's layoff and convalescence? And do you think the host country will be a factor in Sonnen's performance? IMO, I think these factors weigh in Silva's favor but the ring-rust and emotional aspect do concern me.

Sodzl, do you think the home-field-advantage is a strong enough advantage to negate Silva's layoff and convalescence? And do you think the host country will be a factor in Sonnen's performance? IMO, I think these factors weigh in Silva's favor but the ring-rust and emotional aspect do concern me.

I don't think ring rust will be an issue. Home field advantage will be huge factor, as far as emotion goes. That is Silva's drug , when he feels disrespected he's a different animal. Vitor said Silva was two faced, got kicked in the face. He felt Okami faked an injury in the first fight, destroyed him. Hendo said Silva was ducking him, choked him out. Even the Maia fight his worst performance ever for the first two round he talked trash and dared him to fight. Sonnen fought the best fight he could have possibly fought against the worst version of Silva and still lost. If you watch the fight again go to the start of the 5h round. Down 4 rounds, Silva is in his corner trying to rally the crowd like he knew he was going to pull it off. People act like Silva's wrestling is suspect , but he actually has pretty good takedowns and TDD.

:D "Demian no hespect me."

anderson-silva-vitor-belfort.jpg

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member