advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Poor dumb kid at the gym tonight got hurt bad...

Thanks everyone for praying for my neice...she has been soo sick....first with pneumonia now with horrible abdominal pain and Colitis is what I was told. I will know more later today as I am heading to the hospital to see her and stay with my sister and her family for a couple of days. Prob wont be to active for the next few days but I will return all Pm's and e-mails when I get back.

As for home boy...well I should prob know something in a few days when I get back to the gym. I hope he is ok....I guess the gym owner already found out about it and checked the video cams to see if it was recoded...and who all was at the gym last night when this happend because I had a voice message on my phone this morning at 5:00 am....he couldnt even wait till a decent time to call everyone lol. He wants me to call him back and let him know what all I saw and heard LOL...maybe he thinks there is going to be some kind of law suit against him. He said in the message that he knows this group of kids are known for "horsing around" at the gym....now I never seen them horse around...just be normal early 20 year old kids....they crack jokes and have pretty foul mouthes on them but other then that they are ok.

Anyway...thanks again everyone!!! Talk to you in a few!

It sucks to hear stories of these idiot kids messing up like that. When I was hired at my gym it was for a new position that they wanted to try called the Floor Supervisor. My job is to keep an eye on everybody and watch out for guys that don't know what they are doing and need advice. In the beginning everyone thought it was weird but now members are very accepting of it and I spend a lot of my day answering questions and fixing form for a lot of the newer/younger guys (obviously I don't bother members that clearly know what they are doing). People are now getting better results from their programs and we rarely see people in dangerous positions like this. It is now one of the reasons that people join our gym. I think a lot of facilities could benefit from a system like this in helping to avoid such stupidity.

It sucks to hear stories of these idiot kids messing up like that. When I was hired at my gym it was for a new position that they wanted to try called the Floor Supervisor. My job is to keep an eye on everybody and watch out for guys that don't know what they are doing and need advice. In the beginning everyone thought it was weird but now members are very accepting of it and I spend a lot of my day answering questions and fixing form for a lot of the newer/younger guys (obviously I don't bother members that clearly know what they are doing). People are now getting better results from their programs and we rarely see people in dangerous positions like this. It is now one of the reasons that people join our gym. I think a lot of facilities could benefit from a system like this in helping to avoid such stupidity.

We do have some members who know what they are doing....and most of them will go out of their way to help the ones who dont. However this gym is the first gym I ever trained at where the newbies will NOT listen to the members who clearly know what they are talking about. This gym is filled with cocky younger kids who think they know everything about training because they read about it on bb.com or other message boards like this one. These are the same kind of kids who made the comments about they would rather take advise from bb.com over pm.com because pm.com is nothing but "juice heads that take everything they can"....you know the ppl that say "oh I could look like that to if I took steroids". Alot of them bring in print outs of workouts they found on bb.com...for some reason they always leave them laying around on the benches and machines...this is how I know about it lol.

This is why I keep to myself and only talk with the ppl I have known for awhile .

Hopefully the kid will be alright man. Wanna hear a fuc*ed up true story....

About two-three months ago i was at the gym and there was a kid there no older then say 15-16....he was benching about 45-50kg. I was in the other weights room and i started to hear laughter...lots of it this was going on for about a good 30-45 seconds....so i went into see what the commotion was all about and he had the bar literally wrapped around his neck...blue in the face and his mates were just laughing, no one even helped him so i had to go grab the bar of him. Some sick fuc*s out there that take a joke to far

P.S i hope your Family gets better to bro

Hopefully the kid will be alright man. Wanna hear a fuc*ed up true story....

About two-three months ago i was at the gym and there was a kid there no older then say 15-16....he was benching about 45-50kg. I was in the other weights room and i started to hear laughter...lots of it this was going on for about a good 30-45 seconds....so i went into see what the commotion was all about and he had the bar literally wrapped around his neck...blue in the face and his mates were just laughing, no one even helped him so i had to go grab the bar of him. Some sick fuc*s out there that take a joke to far

P.S i hope your Family gets better to bro

Sounds like a public display of auto erotica asphyxiation. I would have told those guys to get a room.

Old Men

I see the same thing at our recreation ctr in Plano. Older men trying to out do others and of course, it is never good.....Soooo, older men, lift lite.

all kids do dumb things, lol. we've all been there.

hope your niece is feeling better.

thats terrible, I hate to see accidents like that they make me cringe...
I will definatly say a prayer for him tonight, and your niece also...

Feel bad for the kid, hopefully he learned an important lesson.

When i was 17 i started training at the Gold's Gym in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. Had lots of old, beat up equipment but that gym had lots of powerlifters who always helped and offered advice to the new guys. A lot of them werent bodybuilders but extremely strong powerlifters. They would always pick on and have fun with the new guys but were always looking out and offering advice and help (whether to the newbies.

The 24 hour fitness i go to now has rows and rows of fancy, shiny machines and flat screen TVs all over the place but there is none of that camaraderie we had back in the day at the old Golds. Now everyone is plugged into their Ipods and have no clue as to what is going on around them.

Lol i feel like an old man talking about the good ol days and im only 28. :D

I would like to hear how the young man is doing. If it cracked his ribs or separated his sternum, he could have a punctured lung.

Worse case scenario a fractured rib could penetrate the heart. Internal bleeding can cause pressure problems that interfere with breathing and heart function.

Best case he just fractured a couple of ribs and bruised his lungs. Had it fallen on his throat, he would have a much worse prognosis.

Wow, both certainly will get a mention in my prayers...

I have done the same though...as a kid I had worked out at home off and on with a crappy weider set (remember the cement filled plates with weird ass poundage like 17 lb plate, 26 lbs, etc? those...) and my FIRST time in a real gym at like 13 I had NO idea the bar was 45 lbs (weiders was like 8-10 lbs I bet)...loaded a 35 on each side...and I'm sure you know the rest. Felt kinda heavy oddly but I thought I would get a few out of it...NOPE. Came down hard ...stayed. hahaha. I was by myself so had to do the tilt and dump. SO embarrassed! Also had a STRONG girlfriend once that would easily bench 115 lbs for reps so wanted to see what she could get out of 135 lbs ("put a big one on" she said) so...we unrack it and she goes to a thumbless grip as I was asked to back away...I let go and as SOON as she started to descend she rolled the bar and dropped it on her chest. I got to it within a second of contact but she was bruised and mad at ME of course...:rolleyes:
Hope this kid bounces back quick and isn't seriously damaged. I doubt he will be hitting the gym for a while...and I pray his buddies learn a lesson. A gym is a fun place...but not a playground to be foolish!

Thats crazy, I do not get what people are thinking sometimes.

Theres a similar group of "kids" coming to the gym I work out at. They load up the smith machine and "squat" a whole 4 inches deep with about 300lbs more than they should think about putting on their back. Anyways they got carried away the other day taking pictures with their phones. Dude get under 500plus worth of plates, probably cant squat 225. He goes down his 4-6 inch depth, except its too much and gravity wins! They didnt have the stops adjusted and he had a box under him. Weight comes down and folds him up hard, idk how he didnt get hurt. His friends cant pull it up, we run over there and start pulling the plates off and get him up. And the idiot says " i just lost it, got away from me." I thought you never had it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turns out he's okay though. But man, damn!

Amazing the things you see people do in the gym. Hope and Pray your Neice gets better quickly.

Well tonight something happend at the gym I hope I never see again in my life. We have a group of younger kids 20-23 I'd say ....who train together and are always trying to one up each other on the weight....which in a way is good to push your training partners but tonight one kid let his friends talk him into trying 405 on the flat bench. Now this kid had no bizz trying anything over 300. Well I am sure you all know what I am going to say next.

Yup...dropped that SOB right on his chest.....I didnt get to actually see it...I was in the bathroom but my girl said as soon as he brought it off the rack it just dropped and crushed his chest :(.....he is lucky tho...another inch or two and it would of took his chin off. A few members ran over and helped get the weight off him.....the kid seemed shocked...but seemed fine....3-4 min later he started screaming out in pain. Hospital is about 1 mile away so it didnt take the EMT's to long to get there at all. I feel bad because I watched them load the bar up and I was going to tell them to not even try it....or at least spot him if he was dead set on it....but they loaded it...and then stood around looking at it for about ten min.....I honestly didnt think any of them was actually going to try it. The dumb stuff we will let our friends talk us into lol.

Becareful guys when going heavy...this poor kid was laughing and joking around the whole time he was at the gym...seemed to be having a great day....and that quick it went from good to totally bad.

For those of you memebers who pray....if you could say a prayer for this young man. I can still hear his screams in my head....poor kid...I hope he didnt hurt himself to bad.

Also....I got word tonight that my sisters daughter is in the hospital and very sick....I dont know all the details but for her to call me and tell me about it ...it must be pretty serious. I am taking off work tomorrow and the next day to head down to my sisters and be with her family. If you all could keep her in your prayers as well that would be great!!

Thanks

your family and the kid who dropped the weight and his family are in my prayers bro!

That's why i'll never do any kind of bench press with a barbell again, i saw a benching-accident compilation on youtube and it scared the shit out of me for life....literally, i cant take a shit anymore, cuz it all got scared out of me

No prayers will be wasted for the kid, they will all go to your niece.

In my gym they have classes for highschool athletes, and they have a trainer that watches them and helps them train. He just stands there while kids bounce 315 off their chest and doesn't correct them in form. They are all HS athletes so they compete hardcore with each other to see who can lift the most. I know one day one of them is going to get seriously injured.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131