over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pop tarts and mountain dew

Lloyd1019

Registered
Ok, how bad has my addiction become? I had a few people telling me a few months back that I could push more carbs by changing my post work out drink and ocassionally during work out drink to mountain dew and also get 1 box of pop tarts in a day. I now consume double that. I can't wait to consume them. I am still slow and steady on my gains. No sign's of massive fat gains.

Ok, how bad has my addiction become? I had a few people telling me a few months back that I could push more carbs by changing my post work out drink and ocassionally during work out drink to mountain dew and also get 1 box of pop tarts in a day. I now consume double that. I can't wait to consume them. I am still slow and steady on my gains. No sign's of massive fat gains.

why would mountain dew be a bad thing after training? i luv me sum quick acting sugar carbs from soda after workout...i also like bringing candy to tha gym lol....just had 3 pop tarts with a small carton of eggs white for breakfast..everything seems ok to me

cold poptarts are the best....and I dont see anything wrong with getting in some simple carbs quickly by eating/drinking mt dew or poptarts.

Now I am craving pop tarts

I won't go in a debate why refine sugar is not good for you. :rolleyes:

i have seen many people do this but i am more than scared to get started on soda and pop tarts again. you can say i have an addiction to these items and would not be able to stop.

Yeah, refined bullshit sugar might help muscles grow, but also cancer and other shit. Why not fruit and white rice?

I am not gonna tell you it really matters when it comes to body composition, cause it probably won't much, but there's a reason people die young and have health issues we didn't have 100 years ago, and soda/sugar is a big part of it.

That being said I am battling a diet soda addiction, so I somewhat feel your pain. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're not harming yourself, just cause you're not getting fat.

I won't go in a debate why refine sugar is not good for you. :rolleyes:

tru....i wouldnt say poptarts n soda are the healthiest things u could take in lol, your def correct...

With all those new crazy flavors of pop tarts out, I was having them post work out as well. I would eat 2 pop tarts and take my slin, then about 45 minutes later I ate my regular meal.

Its a fact that simple sugars do bloat people more than complex carbs, but if your trying to gain mass it really doesn't matter. I bet if you were to cut them out for a week you would lose the water (if you even have any).

Don't worry about it to much. Remember what the great Lee Preist said, "People all concerned with seeing there jaw line, give me a break- fucking pathetic. I know people who eat salads and chicken and die when there 40- just enjoy life" always makes me laugh

I love me some pop tarts.

I could eat a box no problem, that with some milk and mmmmm mmmmmm.

2 boxes a day though, thats quite a bit lol

Brown sugar are my favorite. The best thing about poptarts is that even if your not hungry, you can still get um down.

Damn I've never tried the brown sugar, I'll definitely put those on the grocery list.

Nothin better than brown sugar and cinnamon out of the toaster with melted butter all over the top. Oh man it's been soooo long.

Try a pint of maple syrup after your workout. HeHe

An argument to mt dew for intra/postworkout carbs...

Mt Dew is made of high fructose corn syrup... Which is roughly 50% fructose and 50% glucose. It is the excessive fructose that is bad for you.

That's why it can be better to use dextrose, maltodextrin, rilose, etc... Which are all derived from glucose.

And remember fructose goes toward liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen. Glucose derived carbs will go toward muscle glycogen.

A moderate amount of fructose is not bad... But a lot of fructose consumption does lead to problems.

Poptarts are my guilty pleasure, I like strawberry myself.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear