over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre Workout meal?wyldone/others

Ang

Newbies
Was reading some of wyldones articles on nutrition (good reading).Was wondering how long before workout you guys eat ,and what you eat.Also would like to see more articles wyldone:D Thanx

Ang said:
Was reading some of wyldones articles on nutrition (good reading).Was wondering how long before workout you guys eat ,and what you eat.Also would like to see more articles wyldone:D Thanx

The DOJ has an article about Wylde... but it has nothing to do with BBing.

Thank you for taking the time to reply ,but im asking about the little talked about PREworkout meal.

JJ INSANE1 said:
The DOJ has an article about Wylde... but it has nothing to do with BBing.
Whats DOJ?I just wanted some good feedback on peoples PREworkout meals out of curiosity(sp).

whoa my bad, sorry for that, read it too fast. Well pre wokout, you should have some protein and carbs. A smaller meal, like 4-6oz of lean meat and some oats. Or shake, with some gatorade or somethin. It depends on if you are cuttin or bulkin, but i would recommend about an hour or so before you workout, unless its a shake, then 30minutes before, along with a thermogenic if ya got it.

Ang said:
Whats DOJ?I just wanted some good feedback on peoples PREworkout meals out of curiosity(sp).

:eek: DOJ = Department of Justice. should be easy to figure out wylds gone for a bit if youve been researching his posts.

I usually dont have a meal right before...
Ill wait for a good hour maybe even two or Just have something light
before. Ive found If I go in with full belly its a bit miserable:(
Its also my understanding that your body uses a lot of energy to break down the food so again better not to train with a full stomach.

I think the entire pre and post work out meals should be viewed like I out line below, been eating this way for years and had many clients on this and it really enhances gains:
This is from a previous post written by me so I apologize for not re0writing it for clarification:

"I always injest a prework out shake as studies have shown that blood flow was increased 600% (by biopsy of muscle tissue) when a pre work out shake was injested of whey and malto vs not. I may sip this during the work out as well.

PWO
I think it's important to add that I avoid solid proteins for 2-3 hours after my work out to save energy that would be expended for digestion (and would take away from recouperation) IMO. If I eat a big meal immediately or sometime after the PWO shake I am interfering with growth IMO and recovery is blunted a bit.

I wanna take advantage of every second of the super anabolic environment that exsists after a brief heavy work out session in which the body surges naturally GH T3 IGF-1 TEST Insulin etc for 2-3 hours.
I have done this for many years now and notice an increase in recovery 2-3fold.

IMMEDIATELY after the work out I slam a grape juice BCAA drink.

30 minutes later it's another whey/malto shake with prolly some taurine, CEE, Omega III caps and a multi vitamin (green source)

Approximately 1 hour or 1.5 later I will eat cottage cheese and some rice or potato.

1.5 hours later I will eat a large portion of lean beef or steak a healthy serving of vegetables and a salad.

I may eat another piece of steak or chicken or roast beef and a huge salad.

Prior to bed I will have a night time shake which will consist of micellar casein and whey ion x. This and the pre post work out shake have helped me gain keep maintain and recouperate more than any drug stack or special supplement ever.

Sleep on an empty stomach is very catabolic and when dieting I will blast BCAA's in CL at night to fight it as well as several times in between meals to offset the catabolism that happens during the dieting process.

I have never had the need to use slin when I use this protocol for the pre post work out shakes cause my body is primed and surges slin after the work out from the two work out shakes alone. Trust me...you feel it! Your heart rate will speed up and your metabolism will race! You won't go hypo but your insulin is pumping out big time to shuttle these sugars/aminos into the cells as the body is in it's 2-3 window and trying to supercompensate after the work out. ALL you have to do is sprinkle in the spice-quick and easily absorbable nutrients using these shakes.

Trust me if you aren't gaining fast enough or at a sticking point implementing some of these things into your nutrition plan may be the jump start that you require to start gaining rapidly again.

99% of the time it's a nutritional problem as most people if anything overtrain and underfeed..adding in feedings at the right time and the proper combinations will really make a difference in your gains IMO.

It certainly has mine and the clients I advise as well as many peole on theses boards."

Great post MG... so you suggest a protein shake with some malto before?
Do you thinkthe Malto is a better choice then the dextrose?
and also how much would you say for a guy appx 230lb?
maybe 10 tblspoons both before and after? 50-60g protein?

and can I ask what you mean buy green source MultiV?

rAJJIN said:
Great post MG... so you suggest a protein shake with some malto before?
Do you thinkthe Malto is a better choice then the dextrose?
and also how much would you say for a guy appx 230lb?
maybe 10 tblspoons both before and after? 50-60g protein?

and can I ask what you mean buy green source MultiV?
For me Raj I use malto, as I feel the dextrose is just too fast that's why I save it for immediately after administered via the grape juice. The BCAA's can be sustituted with whey also.

For you I'd recommend a 50-60 gram Whey/ 60-80 gram malto/ combo administered 15-30 minutes before and 2 hours after your solid meal prior to the workout, you can drink it all at once or half and sip it through the work out. to me it has never been "heavy" enough to make me sick or feel bloated or full as I also drink a lot of water during the work out.

Green Source is a vitamin/mineral product I take from Vitamin World.

I may take other things depending upon the time of year or whether I am blasting cruising and or etc.
Sodium potassium Taurine CEE homemade No2 supp's etc.
PEACE my brother!

for dieters, can the whey/malto shake still be used? how about if one trains in the morning after breakfast (what should that person eat for the first meal if it will be the PRE workout meal? i work in the afternoon-night so the training gets done in the morning 1 hour after breakfast. i thought dieters should stay away from sugar pre-workout, i read something about it blunting GH or something? thanks for your post.

Massive G said:
I think the entire pre and post work out meals should be viewed like I out line below, been eating this way for years and had many clients on this and it really enhances gains:
This is from a previous post written by me so I apologize for not re0writing it for clarification:

"I always injest a prework out shake as studies have shown that blood flow was increased 600% (by biopsy of muscle tissue) when a pre work out shake was injested of whey and malto vs not. I may sip this during the work out as well.

PWO
I think it's important to add that I avoid solid proteins for 2-3 hours after my work out to save energy that would be expended for digestion (and would take away from recouperation) IMO. If I eat a big meal immediately or sometime after the PWO shake I am interfering with growth IMO and recovery is blunted a bit.

I wanna take advantage of every second of the super anabolic environment that exsists after a brief heavy work out session in which the body surges naturally GH T3 IGF-1 TEST Insulin etc for 2-3 hours.
I have done this for many years now and notice an increase in recovery 2-3fold.

IMMEDIATELY after the work out I slam a grape juice BCAA drink.

30 minutes later it's another whey/malto shake with prolly some taurine, CEE, Omega III caps and a multi vitamin (green source)

Approximately 1 hour or 1.5 later I will eat cottage cheese and some rice or potato.

1.5 hours later I will eat a large portion of lean beef or steak a healthy serving of vegetables and a salad.

I may eat another piece of steak or chicken or roast beef and a huge salad.

Prior to bed I will have a night time shake which will consist of micellar casein and whey ion x. This and the pre post work out shake have helped me gain keep maintain and recouperate more than any drug stack or special supplement ever.

Sleep on an empty stomach is very catabolic and when dieting I will blast BCAA's in CL at night to fight it as well as several times in between meals to offset the catabolism that happens during the dieting process.

I have never had the need to use slin when I use this protocol for the pre post work out shakes cause my body is primed and surges slin after the work out from the two work out shakes alone. Trust me...you feel it! Your heart rate will speed up and your metabolism will race! You won't go hypo but your insulin is pumping out big time to shuttle these sugars/aminos into the cells as the body is in it's 2-3 window and trying to supercompensate after the work out. ALL you have to do is sprinkle in the spice-quick and easily absorbable nutrients using these shakes.

Trust me if you aren't gaining fast enough or at a sticking point implementing some of these things into your nutrition plan may be the jump start that you require to start gaining rapidly again.

99% of the time it's a nutritional problem as most people if anything overtrain and underfeed..adding in feedings at the right time and the proper combinations will really make a difference in your gains IMO.

It certainly has mine and the clients I advise as well as many peole on theses boards."

Shawn Cooke said:
for dieters, can the whey/malto shake still be used? how about if one trains in the morning after breakfast (what should that person eat for the first meal if it will be the PRE workout meal? i work in the afternoon-night so the training gets done in the morning 1 hour after breakfast. i thought dieters should stay away from sugar pre-workout, i read something about it blunting GH or something? thanks for your post.
UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
I hate morning work outs you just threw a monkey wrench in my post!!
I'll tell you how I do it in the morning.
Meal structure is below, I left out the amounts of proteins carbs fats and calories in the meal structure as they don't matter cause it's for designed for me and my metabolism so it will do no one any good cookie cutting it to them. The key for me is getting proteins/carbs in every 2-3 hrs over frequent feedings and not mixing fats and carbs.
I don't use dextrose when I train in the morning because instead of "turning it down-on my activity level for the night" like I am when training late afternoon, I will be "feeding my body for the daily onslaught of activity" so I want a longer acting carb source and will eat more carbs in the meals following of course to fuel the body even when dieting then the carb cut off stops at 7 PM or so or they get reduced.
4-5 am
coffee
egg whites and oatmeal

(back to bed)

6 am
(Up and take a hot shower to get core body temp up (amongst other things like hygiene of course)-I hope!)
whey malto shake
(more coffee)

8 am
whey/malto shake

10 am
egg whites oatmeal

12 pm
chicken or lean beef rice or pot
salad/veggies

2-3 pm
Proteinshake/olive oil

4-5 pm
same as 12 PM minus the veggies

7 PM
lean beef 1/2 serving carbs pot or rice
salad veggies

9 pm
lean beef or chicken
Veggies salad

11 PM
night time shake

thanks for the detailed post but after which meal do you train? sorry if i missed that. was that after 6am or after 4-5am? i train around 10am, up at around 8:30am or so.

Massive G said:
UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
I hate morning work outs you just threw a monkey wrench in my post!!
I'll tell you how I do it in the morning.
Meal structure is below, I left out the amounts of proteins carbs fats and calories in the meal structure as they don't matter cause it's for designed for me and my metabolism so it will do no one any good cookie cutting it to them. The key for me is getting proteins/carbs in every 2-3 hrs over frequent feedings and not mixing fats and carbs.
I don't use dextrose when I train in the morning because instead of "turning it down-on my activity level for the night" like I am when training late afternoon, I will be "feeding my body for the daily onslaught of activity" so I want a longer acting carb source and will eat more carbs in the meals following of course to fuel the body even when dieting then the carb cut off stops at 7 PM or so or they get reduced.
4-5 am
coffee
egg whites and oatmeal

(back to bed)

6 am
(Up and take a hot shower to get core body temp up (amongst other things like hygiene of course)-I hope!)
whey malto shake
(more coffee)

8 am
whey/malto shake

10 am
egg whites oatmeal

12 pm
chicken or lean beef rice or pot
salad/veggies

2-3 pm
Proteinshake/olive oil

4-5 pm
same as 12 PM minus the veggies

7 PM
lean beef 1/2 serving carbs pot or rice
salad veggies

9 pm
lean beef or chicken
Veggies salad

11 PM
night time shake

Shawn Cooke said:
thanks for the detailed post but after which meal do you train? sorry if i missed that. was that after 6am or after 4-5am? i train around 10am, up at around 8:30am or so.
I train after the 6 am whey malto shake.

Massive G said:
For me Raj I use malto, as I feel the dextrose is just too fast that's why I save it for immediately after administered via the grape juice. The BCAA's can be sustituted with whey also.

For you I'd recommend a 50-60 gram Whey/ 60-80 gram malto/ combo administered 15-30 minutes before and 2 hours after your solid meal prior to the workout, you can drink it all at once or half and sip it through the work out. to me it has never been "heavy" enough to make me sick or feel bloated or full as I also drink a lot of water during the work out.

Green Source is a vitamin/mineral product I take from Vitamin World.

I may take other things depending upon the time of year or whether I am blasting cruising and or etc.
Sodium potassium Taurine CEE homemade No2 supp's etc.
PEACE my brother!

Your the Man... Will deffinatley take your advice.

shawn, from everything ive read the GH rise from training is very insignificant, pre workout carbs would be great for keeping blood sugar levels up, as low blood sugar can lead to increased cortisol levels and breakdown of muscle protein...from my point of view it is more important to keep catabolism to a minnimum than to worry about GH levels...so i usually have 20g carbs,some whey protein, and sometimes bcaa's pre workout

as always Massive has done a great job articulating the situation for us!

Adrenaline Rush said:
shawn, from everything ive read the GH rise from training is very insignificant, pre workout carbs would be great for keeping blood sugar levels up, as low blood sugar can lead to increased cortisol levels and breakdown of muscle protein...from my point of view it is more important to keep catabolism to a minnimum than to worry about GH levels...so i usually have 20g carbs,some whey protein, and sometimes bcaa's pre workout

as always Massive has done a great job articulating the situation for us!

yeah i think i will train at night after work instead. i am not up for morning workouts anymore. ill do my cardio in the mornings, work, workout,drink my whey/malto shake, shower, tan and go to bed. im tired as hell post-workout anyway, so im tired in the mornings, imagine how tired i am after morning workouts, before work.

Great Post MG, but how would one make this work when training in the evening cuz my workout always finishes at around 7.30!?

A2K

Great posts guys! This is the stuff I really need to learn about. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131