over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein In middle of night

Old man and his prostate

II am up a couple of times in the middle if the night to piss. I have cottage cheese and walnuts prior to bed and casesin and water to drink since I am up. I have been doing this for quite a few years now, even before I started lifting. I use to run marathons and about 20 years of soccer. I heard it keeps your metabolism running all the time. I eat all day about 10-11 smalll meals or protien shakes. I have always been pretty lean. I would never say it's for everyone, but it seems to work for me.

i cant go thru the night without atleast a shake even now while being off....i wake up to piss 1 or 2x anyways and always wake up hungry...and i eat big meal b4 bed as well....if im hungry, i eat...if not i dont...while on, im usually lookin thru the fridge for leftovers at 3-4am...

Im guessing he does Intermittent Fasting.

Im gonna guess because I do as well.

Bingo!

I love intermittent fasting. It's the most efficient and effective way that I have found for me to get down to 6-8% body fat. As well as a very easy way to maintain it.

Bingo!

I love intermittent fasting. It's the most efficient and effective way that I have found for me to get down to 6-8% body fat. As well as a very easy way to maintain it.

So in those 6-8 non-fasted hours how many calories are you taking in a day? You eat 3-4 meals a day, eating every two hours?

Last edited:
when im dieting i do wake up hungry. i usually have hard boiled eggs already pealed or a pre made protein shake in the fridge. when off season if i wake up i eat only if hungry. off season if i wake up to piss and im not hungry i take a my morning shot of gh. then take another one in the morning.
:headbang:

So in those 6-8 non-fasted hours how many calories are you taking in a day? You eat 3-4 meals a day, eating every two hours?

It depends on what I am doing.

I break things in to phases for myself.

Phase 1: Is typically getting down to 8% body fat or so. At that point I use bodyweight x 10 as a factor for figuring out calories. When I break the fast, I just graze and eat. No typical meal. I'm just eating as I am hungry.

Phase 2: Is typically going from 8% down. At that point, I typically do a PSMF. Typically around 1200 calories or so. I eat the same way, constantly grazing as I am hungry.

If I am trying to add some lbm... I'll fast a bit shorter. I focus on getting quality protein more than calories. At that point I'd be around maintenance on non workout days, and a bit above maintenance on workout days. On workout days, I really focus on pounding the protein down post workout.

I took inspiration from the lean gains guide to IF. Then I adjusted it to suit my needs, progress, and results.

It's certainly not a way that everyone will like. But it works well for me, and I actually enjoy it. Over 12 years of bodybuilding, I have tried just about every avenue of fat loss, maintaining low body fat, and maintaining low body fat while adding LBM. I had tried everything, every which way I could. When I got in to a rhythm with the intermittent fasting, things just clicked.

It depends on what I am doing.

I break things in to phases for myself.

Phase 1: Is typically getting down to 8% body fat or so. At that point I use bodyweight x 10 as a factor for figuring out calories. When I break the fast, I just graze and eat. No typical meal. I'm just eating as I am hungry.

Phase 2: Is typically going from 8% down. At that point, I typically do a PSMF. Typically around 1200 calories or so. I eat the same way, constantly grazing as I am hungry.

If I am trying to add some lbm... I'll fast a bit shorter. I focus on getting quality protein more than calories. At that point I'd be around maintenance on non workout days, and a bit above maintenance on workout days. On workout days, I really focus on pounding the protein down post workout.

I took inspiration from the lean gains guide to IF. Then I adjusted it to suit my needs, progress, and results.

It's certainly not a way that everyone will like. But it works well for me, and I actually enjoy it. Over 12 years of bodybuilding, I have tried just about every avenue of fat loss, maintaining low body fat, and maintaining low body fat while adding LBM. I had tried everything, every which way I could. When I got in to a rhythm with the intermittent fasting, things just clicked.

It sounds like an highly intelligent approach to controlling bodyfat levels, very natural. I'm gonna have to give this a shot. First I've heard of this, thanks for the heads up.

To keep the thread on track, no I don't like to wake up at all during the night for anything, and usually don't. Just eat a high protein/fat meal a couple hours before retiring and hit the bathroom right before the sack. Love the 8-10 straight hours of sleep.

Going the several hrs through the night to sleep isn't going to eat away Ll your muscle , a good meal before bed is fine my dinner is typically steak and spinach which keeps me satiated for 4-5hr during the day when I'm moving about so it will sury last longer when being still.

If i eat early I'll have a couple scoops of casine and peanutbutter an hr before bed.

Personally I wouldet worry about it.

Now during contest prep I will wake up at night hungry so I keep somthj g by the bed handy like jerky or protein pudding I mix up

If I wake up hungry, then I go back to bed hungry;)

I have actually been really interested in IF lately and have been reading up on Leangains. Some very interesting info there.

IF and carb backloading are on my "to-do" list for these next couple months. :D

you guys are hilarious...everybody with your casein and cottage cheese.....LOL...make your last meal beef or whole eggs. jesus people!

There's nothing bad with going 8-10 hours without food, read this: **broken link removed**

Besides, if you're really worried about catabolism, eat some cottage cheese (casein protein) before going to bed.

During Contest Season I keep cooler with shake in it by the bed. If I wake up on my own I'll take a few swigs then knock back out.

I like IF but i do the 24 hour fast 2 x a week approach. will read up on leangains too as i hear its good also

I like IF but i do the 24 hour fast 2 x a week approach. will read up on leangains too as i hear its good also

check out leangains for sure. i'm doing a similar setup right now. basically the same thing but i only fast for about 12-13 hrs. been doing it for about 3 weeks.

Surely it cannot be a good thing going 8-10 hours without food/protein?

I have seen some bodybuilders claim they wake up half way through the night and down a shake or eat a small meal to prevent catabolism......I recall reading somewhere Jay Cutler does this actually....

Like others have said, casein. Doesn't mix very well but 6-10 hour digest time.

And for those that say why bother... your body does a lot of it's repair work when you sleep... so the aminos and protein help.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity