over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

R.I.P Sergio 'The Myth' Oliva

Do you know him? My maintenance man, Louie Martinez, grew up with him. Louie won the Mr Puerto Rico in the 70s, 3rd at MR America......told me Sergio NEVER did much drugs..........was ALWAYS healthy.......What do you mean through the ringer? Zane did very little compared to todays abuse.........Arnold has had bypass surgery already........Franco never used much........these guys should live to normal age.

Phil, your name came up in a convo with a great guy (all good things about you) - Joe DeAngelis (he won mr. America). Whenever
Me and wife visit jersey and train at his gym...had some great talks with him about a month ago when we were out there...just a good guy to chat with about all sorts of stuff and hang with...him and his wife treated us very well! He was taking about Sergio and some of those guys. Small world !

Sergio had an incredible physique!!! RIP

my bad I didnt know this was posted ill take mine down

R.I.P sergio

RIP Sergio! One of the best!

RIP The Myth! Saw him at the 2009 Jr Nats with his son and at the 2010 Olympia when he was being honored with the rest of the Mr. O's.

Do you know him? My maintenance man, Louie Martinez, grew up with him. Louie won the Mr Puerto Rico in the 70s, 3rd at MR America......told me Sergio NEVER did much drugs..........was ALWAYS healthy.......What do you mean through the ringer? Zane did very little compared to todays abuse.........Arnold has had bypass surgery already........Franco never used much........these guys should live to normal age.

Just to clarify on some things hopefully without starting a pissing contest...

I did not know the man but nothing in my post was specific towards his drug use... it was generally speaking in re: to injuries and/or other stressors that may or may not tax the body and ones health that comes with the territory of the sport...

I'm sure as he got older he made various changes to tone things down a bit to mesh with life's progression of aging...

Idk what you consider normal age but the great man lived until his 70's which isnt bad for an average male life expectancy (just googling it shows worldwide a male can span from his 40's to 70's depending on the locale with women living 5-7 years longer). I'm sure he did his fair share of wild and crazy shit in his time and lived a very fulfilling life so hats off to the man for his feats and successes..

R.I.P to The Myth. I have read stories about how guys would quit on stage at the sight of him. Definatley one of the greats!

The man had the genetics where he could have been Mr.Olympia in any era he lived in.

RIP to one of the best of all time!

Average Life expectancy for African American Males in the United States....

Is 70 for Males and 77 for African American females. So he didn't die young.

Is 70 for Males and 77 for African American females. So he didn't die young.

No, but knowing how some people react on this site, it will be ALL THOSE STEROIDS. My grandfather had a blood clot when he was 64, must have been the steroids too.

Oliva was amazing. 27 inch thighs with a 28 inch waist

I know Arnold had a heart valve replaced in I think 97? but wasn't aware he had bypass. Was this recent?

S.O. Sr survived being shot five times I believe by his wife at the time so he had already cheated death at least once in life.

Whether he ever touched any AAS during his life, living til 72 after all the stresses of being a competitive BB seems completely normal.

Hopefully Jr gets his head right if he wants to stay in the sport and ever fulfill his dream of being the only father and son IFBB pros. He won a small show in Chicago two weeks ago but didn't do well at all in Atlanta.

RIP Sergio! Sad to see a legend go but I don't think 72 is too bad imo.

R.I.P. Sergio

A true legend, gone but NEVER forgotten.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131