over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RBC/Hemoglobin Issues

XstarchildX

Banned
So months ago I was having symptoms. Shortness of breath, rapid HR, fatigue, etc. Doc did some blood work and my Hemoglobin, hematocrit were low and my MCV, MCHC, etc were all out of whack (typical indicator of iron deficiency anemia). He ordered more blood work and my iron and ferritin levels were both next to non-existent. We decided it was possibly due to my frequent blood donations (I was donating every 8 weeks like clockwork, plus I was on Prilosec for years which apparently blunts iron absorption).

Anywho, he ordered blood work just to check RBC levels. He didn't order iron or ferritin again, explaining that if RBC got back in range, it would indicate that we fixed the issue. Now onto the good part... I just got the results and my hematocrit and hemoglobin are VERY high (56.7% and 17.9). MCH is just under normal but much higher than before and MCHC is only 0.5 under normal now. However, this has me really freaked out. I would say, "Hey I'll just go donate." (if they even allow me to due to how high the levels are), but if my iron is still low I don't think donating is a great idea. So I'm at a crossroads...

The doc hasn't called me, but I had to cancel my follow up appointment because I was out of town. Quest is good about emailing my results after the doc has had a chance to look at them. I called and left a message for my doctor to call me back, and I'm hoping he does. Not sure what the heck I can do, but I decided to drop the EQ that I recently started and am ending my mini blast. Just going back to my TRT levels.

Any thoughts of what to do now until I hear from the doctor? Eat raw garlic (just had a clove. Yuck!). Take baby asprin? Drink extra water?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks :).

whats your total AAS dosage at?

56% is definitely dangerous. Around 60 people start having strokes especially if they are sedentary too long.

whats your total AAS dosage at?

56% is definitely dangerous. Around 60 people start having strokes especially if they are sedentary too long.
I've never had it this high :(.

I swapped low dose tren for EQ @ 400mg a week 10 days prior to this bloodwork. Test has been around 400mg a week as well. So not crazy high at all.

OK, well there you go man. You've donated blood which has caused your HCT to yoyo back and forth....it obviously has a set point at a higher level than is healthy (hence returning to that point once you stopped donating). In my experience HCT bounces back QUICKLY after donating...so quick that I stopped doing it because it was worthless.

So much donation of blood can also deplete iron levels.

Just my basic understanding, but I think what happened is that you donated too much, kept your HCT suppressed by doing so, now that you stopped, your HCT rebounded to its "setpoint" and your iron levels haven't increased yet.

Somebody like Stewie or Swifto would be able to help you better.

ps EQ and Tren were the worst culprits for me for increasing HCT by the way. In a perfect world if tren made me happy (it doesn't) and wasn't toxic to my kidneys (it is) I still wouldn't take it because of its ability to DRASTICALLY increase my HCT. I won't ever take EQ again either because HCT skyrockets on it even at mid level doses like you're taking.

ps 800mg of AAS/week is very high dosage level.

Last edited:
Anybody sane would advise you to drop the EQ completely and drop testosterone down to 100-200mg/week and get your health straightened out.

Best to you man...

Anybody sane would advise you to drop the EQ completely and drop testosterone down to 100-200mg/week and get your health straightened out.

Best to you man...
Thanks for all the advice, brother. Seriously appreciate it :).

Yeah, I already decided I'm dropping the EQ and going back to about 175mg test a week. The doctor had his nurse call me back and he said, "It isn't urgent but he wants me to come in to discuss my blood work." I can't get in till next Thursday. I said, "Hey, I'm concerned about my hematocrit. It's pretty high." She told me the doctor would've made room for me if he felt it was "urgent." So now I'm wondering if I should continue taking the iron he prescribed or not lol. I guess since he didn't tell me to stop it, I should continue taking it.

I just picked up some baby asprin and plan to take 1 tab (81mg) a day.

I just picked up some baby asprin and plan to take 1 tab (81mg) a day.

I think this is a good habit for anyone taking any dosages of AAS. TRT/HRT or blasting, it could literally save your life. The benefits for someone with this lifestyle far outweigh the negatives.

I think this is a good habit for anyone taking any dosages of AAS. TRT/HRT or blasting, it could literally save your life. The benefits for someone with this lifestyle far outweigh the negatives.
I agree 100%.

The good news is, when I was having the issues, I requested my dr do an EKG and everything came back clear. He told me my heart is healthy and strong and I am in "very great shape." Obviously, plenty of people can look in great shape and still have issues, but I digress.

At least I know the aspirin is there for a safety net while I wait to figure out what the doc wants to do. I'm thinking he may write a script for therapeutic phlebotomy or refer me to a hematologist. It just sucks that I have to wait and wrack my brains over the fact that I'm in a potentially dangerous situation :(.

800mg/week is very high now? It's honestly below average for people who are on or blasting.

I agree 100%.

The good news is, when I was having the issues, I requested my dr do an EKG and everything came back clear. He told me my heart is healthy and strong and I am in "very great shape." Obviously, plenty of people can look in great shape and still have issues, but I digress.

At least I know the aspirin is there for a safety net while I wait to figure out what the doc wants to do. I'm thinking he may write a script for therapeutic phlebotomy or refer me to a hematologist. It just sucks that I have to wait and wrack my brains over the fact that I'm in a potentially dangerous situation :(.

You're not in an immediately dangerous situation, yes it's on the high side and you should get it down, but you are not at some craZy high level.

800mg/week is very high now? It's honestly below average for people who are on or blasting.
Yeah I've certainly run dosages much higher in the past lol. I'm a minimalist nowadays.

You're not in an immediately dangerous situation, yes it's on the high side and you should get it down, but you are not at some craZy high level.
To be honest, I've been feeling great. Up until I saw my labs... obviously it got in my head a little and has me freaking a bit. I would easily just go donate tomorrow, but again, since the original problem was bottomed out iron and ferritin--which we've been trying to correct--donating would be a double edged sword.

Thanks for your thoughts though :)

:rolleyes:

Seeing as TRT is around 70-140mg/week, yes, 800mg is very high. He also didn't state how long he has been on this....HCT rises over time on high dosages. Yes almost a gram of AAS per week is high considering a normal male makes.....10mg a day naturally! :rolleyes:

How can you expect to take 10x a normal natural level and not suffer consequences????

point me to the guy who said "blasting" high levels of AAS was healthy and I will show you a fool.

You know Emeric suggests blasting with 140mg/week maximum right?

Seeing as TRT is around 70-140mg/week, yes, 800mg is very high. He also didn't state how long he has been on this....HCT rises over time on high dosages. Yes almost a gram of AAS per week is high considering a normal male makes.....10mg a day naturally! :rolleyes:

How can you expect to take 10x a normal natural level and not suffer consequences????
You make a valid point. Most users abuse AAS nowadays and what once was deemed an incredibly high dose, is now just a moderate blast. I see what you mean.

In regards to your question, I've only been at those dosages for 10 weeks prior to blood work. I was cruising for 8 weeks (albeit at about 275mg a week of test only--which is definitely not TRT ;).

Wondering if I should just try to donate anyway prior to seeing my doctor next week. I am only concerned because based on my blood work and having some of my MCV MCHC etc out of range, my iron stores have not yet been replenished. Donating blood will lower my HCT and HG, but will also deplete my iron and ferritin stores again... ugh, what to do?

Simple, get off the steroids are go down to 100MG a week.

i was feeling great on a decent amount of test only... hadn't ran it in years and i threw in 600mg of eq for only 2-3 dam weeks and can tell my blood thickened,bp rise, short breath , anxiety, etc.....so i dropped it.. i love the vascularity and hunger, but the other shit makes me never want to try eq again... i feel everything in my body within days.... if i feel shitty, I'm not gonna just take something else to combat it, ill just drop whatever it is... I'm down to about test and mast as the only shit my body can run and feel great lol ...

Simple, get off the steroids are go down to 100MG a week.
So no need to donate right now? Just drop down and then get bloods again? I'm going to keep up on the aspirin though just to be safe lol.

i was feeling great on a decent amount of test only... hadn't ran it in years and i threw in 600mg of eq for only 2-3 dam weeks and can tell my blood thickened,bp rise, short breath , anxiety, etc.....so i dropped it.. i love the vascularity and hunger, but the other shit makes me never want to try eq again... i feel everything in my body within days.... if i feel shitty, I'm not gonna just take something else to combat it, ill just drop whatever it is... I'm down to about test and mast as the only shit my body can run and feel great lol ...
I'm starting to feel the same way about myself. I think my problem was adding in the high dose of ferrous sulfate the doc prescribed AND upping my dose... AND adding EQ lol.

I guess I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were saying that someone who is blasting at 800mg/week was a very high dose. But yeah keep throwing those roll eyes symbols down:D

An appointment opened up at the doctor today, so I booked it. Hopefully I'll get some answers. I'll report back!

Doctor update:

Blood pressure: 133/76.

Doctor said that the iron has corrected my iron deficiency anemia and to stop the iron. He said the quick raise in H and H is due to the iron supplementation and the only other cause could be anabolic steroids. He then Bert stared me. He said, "If you're using AAS, stop. The numbers will go back to normal." I asked about donating and he gave me the clear to donate a pint, but no more (I set up an appointment for tomorrow).

So at least some answers. I guess we're heading in the right direction!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear