over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rhabdomyolysis

Freedom15Muscle

Registered
Anyone have any experience with this? I've been derailed from my cycle, of course my health is of greater concern. I've been experiencing migraines and was advised it was my excessive creatine kinase levels... Basically I've been over exerting myself. I took two weeks off rested like I was told. Once again my levels have jumped right back up? If anyone knows anything about Rhabdomyolysis or had any input on similar experience, help me out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Rhabdomyolysis is one of the side effects of statin drugs. Are you taking any of those?

I haven't taken cholesterol statins. I am getting copies of all my medications that I've been prescribed just in case.

I had rhabdo from a crushing injury, ended up on dialysis... I'd take it easy for a while and slowly ease back into working out...

To my understanding this is pretty rare, however it is common for crossfitters to get it. Kidney and liver failure don't sound like fun.
I would take some time off for sure. If you are working hard enough to get this, your defeating the purpose of working out. You going to be in worse shape.

massive overtraining is the cause, rethink your training methods

Anyone have any experience with this? I've been derailed from my cycle, of course my health is of greater concern. I've been experiencing migraines and was advised it was my excessive creatine kinase levels... Basically I've been over exerting myself. I took two weeks off rested like I was told. Once again my levels have jumped right back up? If anyone knows anything about Rhabdomyolysis or had any input on similar experience, help me out.

Without knowing yang history or your Actuak ck values in a low risk of reoccurrence we would usually have athletes do a 4-8 week plan of return to play (in an atc that worked in college for a while). In high risk with through the freaking roof ck values it can be a 3 to 12 month recovery.

Assuming your docs told you to just chill for two weeks I bet you are in the first category. I would work with your physician closley on this. In not just about training smarter I've seen guys who are very athletic that are every succeptable while other people honestly they could virtually never have it happen no matter what.

If it's just a modest case with some time off and a slow return and training modifications you should be fine.

I had it in 2010, was dieting and calories were low, wasn't on gear and I was training a lot

So your saying they tried to give you that diagnosis just from some elevated CK levels?? Lol. Ok ill play along. What were your levels at and please list everything you are taking both supplements and scripts.

And yes it is possible to get it from crazy intense training especially if your post cycle and very catabolic or have an underlying issue. Or if your an old woman with no family who falls down on the floor and lays there for a week or if you like to hold big metal poles in lightening storms...

I had rhabdo from a crushing injury, ended up on dialysis... I'd take it easy for a while and slowly ease back into working out...

And that sir is how you know its real! Glad you recovered.

it totally sucks

I've had it. Had it so bad I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks and getting dialysis for 2 months. Once you get it you are more likely to get it again. My creatine was at 14 and my cbk was 94,000. It was from dehydrated (got very drunk) and doing a work out while hung over and steroids . Water is now my best friend.

I've had it. Had it so bad I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks and getting dialysis for 2 months. Once you get it you are more likely to get it again. My creatine was at 14 and my cbk was 94,000. It was from dehydrated (got very drunk) and doing a work out while hung over and steroids . Water is now my best friend.

Damn that is high. My ck was at 64900. Spent 6days in the hospital getting tons of fluid. Lack of fluids and fat burners. Spent the next couple of months getting blood work done since my liver values jumped as well

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ok

my doctors told me that I had it...but now im really starting to doubt that I did... cuz I didn't need dialysis and my cpk was like 3000...

and there was no myglobin in my urine..my shoulders did hurt like crazy whenever I tried to move my arms though :/ maybe that was from severe dehydration and they were cramping up really really badly.

doctors man.. :rolleyes:

My creatine kinase level was 1500, was retested a week later 1200. I rested two weeks and was tested again with a level of 500. Doctors told me to start back to my normal routine. Two days later I pissed Brown ordered another test and levels were in the 900s again. I'm not looking at exact figures here but I had several full hormone panels done the last couple months with my liver values just outside normal. Besides all of that my BUN also just outside normal but nothing else was out of order. I appreciate the input. Sucks I'll have to rest and obviously change something about how I've been lifting. Some crazy stories on here man. I was starting to worry but I guess my case isn't as serious as I initially thought.

My creatine kinase level was 1500, was retested a week later 1200. I rested two weeks and was tested again with a level of 500. Doctors told me to start back to my normal routine. Two days later I pissed Brown ordered another test and levels were in the 900s again. I'm not looking at exact figures here but I had several full hormone panels done the last couple months with my liver values just outside normal. Besides all of that my BUN also just outside normal but nothing else was out of order. I appreciate the input. Sucks I'll have to rest and obviously change something about how I've been lifting. Some crazy stories on here man. I was starting to worry but I guess my case isn't as serious as I initially thought.

2k+ CPK can be totally normal from training hard (leg day)

The kidneys can't process myoglobin well without adequate hydration and also in an acidic environment (protein breakdown contributes). I suspect too much protein and a lack of hydration.

my doctors told me that I had it...but now im really starting to doubt that I did... cuz I didn't need dialysis and my cpk was like 3000...

and there was no myglobin in my urine..my shoulders did hurt like crazy whenever I tried to move my arms though :/ maybe that was from severe dehydration and they were cramping up really really badly.

doctors man.. :rolleyes:

I train low volume and have seen 2400 CPK after leg day, it's what I call another, "standard lab test bodybuilder dumb doctor scare" or something like that :p

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131