over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ricky Hatton Vs Floyd Mayweather

I thought Hatten was ahead on the scorecard until the last rd when he got bombed.
I thought floyd only won the 2nd and 9th rds of the fite up to that point. Can someone enlighten me to the scorecards that show floyd winning all the rounds?
If the fite continued with no ko in the same way the first 9 rds went, I believe hatten would have been well ahead on the cards.
This was the best fight I have seen in a longass time.

lets talk about this MMA vs. Boxing alittle bit. i had a chance to talk to tito ortiz in atlantic city{ i run one of his favorite resturants there) after there was a fight at the tropicana last november. heres basicaly what he said. " would i want to go in the ring with a world class boxer like ali, foreman, even tyson when he was 19? goddamn right i would. but would i win? i cant say i would for sure. noone in the world hits as hard as a world class heavy weight and if i got caught with a good punch especially if the guy wasnt wearing a pound of padding on his hands i dont know if i could get up after that. but all he has is punches. if i got to him BEFORE he hit me id be able to end him pretty quick, but mos guys dont understand how hard that would be to do. theyr hands are so fast most of those guys especially a guy like hopkins in his prime could hit you 4 times before you had a chance to react. i think we would really need a god 20 or so fights to see which fighters really come out on top." by the way he was a really really nice guy and even sat there after he ate and signed autographs for anyone on the staff who asked.

Well maybe your right. Maybe he is a better "BOXER". Boxing isn't real fighting though, which is what most of us want to see. """A FIGHT"""". I would bet my money on Hatton in a real fight on the street corner.

The entire ""boxing match""" consisted of Hatton engaging Mayweather, getting in close, and the ref separating them. over and over and over again.

Obviously, its a good strategy for Mayweather. His record speaks for itself. However, he is very boring to watch and the only thing dominating about him is his record. He most certainly doesn't dominate his opponent.

He needs to realize he is a ""boxer"". not a ""fighter"". atleast when speaking in terms of professional fighters. He has stated that UFC is a fad/joke and that they are not real athletes and has said he would knock out chuck Lidell which is a rediculous statement and disrespectful.

He is boring as hell to watch as is pretty much all of professional boxing now a days and on top of that he is just a lousy dude with a bad attitude. I will never say anything positive about Floyd. M.

I would rather watch Scooby Doo re-runs than watch him BOX to be honest.

i am not a mayweather fan at all but you gotta give him some credit though...I dont think he danced or ran very much at all against hatton...He stood in there with him and was simply faster and more skilled...I dont mind floyd talking bad about the ufc...its the nature of things for there to be a rivalry with conflicting sports like that. Kinda like 2 colleges in the same town...I think it would be great if a guy like Matt hughes wins a fight if he called out mayweather and said he would fight him anytime...then what would mayweather do...that would be some entertainment right there...

lets talk about this MMA vs. Boxing alittle bit. i had a chance to talk to tito ortiz in atlantic city{ i run one of his favorite resturants there) after there was a fight at the tropicana last november. heres basicaly what he said. " would i want to go in the ring with a world class boxer like ali, foreman, even tyson when he was 19? goddamn right i would. but would i win? i cant say i would for sure. noone in the world hits as hard as a world class heavy weight and if i got caught with a good punch especially if the guy wasnt wearing a pound of padding on his hands i dont know if i could get up after that. but all he has is punches. if i got to him BEFORE he hit me id be able to end him pretty quick, but mos guys dont understand how hard that would be to do. theyr hands are so fast most of those guys especially a guy like hopkins in his prime could hit you 4 times before you had a chance to react. i think we would really need a god 20 or so fights to see which fighters really come out on top." by the way he was a really really nice guy and even sat there after he ate and signed autographs for anyone on the staff who asked.

I think that is good and honest way of looking at it...especially in the heayweights because if you take a guy like Tim Silvia and klitschko...Klitschko would be so damn fast and strong compared to silvia and they match up size wise...it will prolly never happen but a ufc vs. boxer fight would be great...

The way that Emanuel Stuart called it was right. Hatton's aggression wasnt effective, it looked good but he didnt do much of any damage to Floyd. Most of his puches were blocked by either Floyd's forearms or gloves. When you compared the compubox stats the difference was incredible. Floyd landed more than 2x the amount of powershots and 3x or so the number of jabs. Each one of Floyd's punches was precise and did damagee. He totally outclassed Hatton, but it was still a great fight.
I wanted Hatton to win in the worst way, cant stand Floyd but as others have said you have to respect his skills. Especially after seeing how he stood in with Hatton and fought rather than dance around.

The way that Emanuel Stuart called it was right. Hatton's aggression wasnt effective, it looked good but he didnt do much of any damage to Floyd. Most of his puches were blocked by either Floyd's forearms or gloves. When you compared the compubox stats the difference was incredible. Floyd landed more than 2x the amount of powershots and 3x or so the number of jabs. Each one of Floyd's punches was precise and did damagee. He totally outclassed Hatton, but it was still a great fight.
I wanted Hatton to win in the worst way, cant stand Floyd but as others have said you have to respect his skills. Especially after seeing how he stood in with Hatton and fought rather than dance around.

Agreed my brother. Pretty boy, needs that one defining fight in order for him to be one of the great ones. No way Hatton could beat him. Pretty has fought all individuals that step before him; and he has won. Like him, love him or hate, the man can box.

Last edited:
i am not a mayweather fan at all but you gotta give him some credit though...I dont think he danced or ran very much at all against hatton...He stood in there with him and was simply faster and more skilled...I dont mind floyd talking bad about the ufc...its the nature of things for there to be a rivalry with conflicting sports like that. Kinda like 2 colleges in the same town...I think it would be great if a guy like Matt hughes wins a fight if he called out mayweather and said he would fight him anytime...then what would mayweather do...that would be some entertainment right there...

Great post. Not only did Mayweather out-box him but I feel like he was more than professional when Hatton was taking his dirty shots. What some of you fail to realize is that the whole "Money Mayweather" persona is just that. Boxing has no "personalities" and is a dying art. That sport NEEDS more "Money Mayweathers" and, dare I even say, Prince Nassems (Remember him?! LOL). Everything you saw on HBO and all those other press events were staged. It's all about putting asses in seats and selling PPV. FM was more than happy to play the bad guy/Most Hated role. That aside, he is everything that he claimed to be. The truth hurts. Oh and for the guy that said that he is a "boxer and not a fighter and who would win in a street-fight, blah-blah-blah..." Your argument is just silly.

Great post. Not only did Mayweather out-box him but I feel like he was more than professional when Hatton was taking his dirty shots. What some of you fail to realize is that the whole "Money Mayweather" persona is just that. Boxing has no "personalities" and is a dying art. That sport NEEDS more "Money Mayweathers" and, dare I even say, Prince Nassems (Remember him?! LOL). Everything you saw on HBO and all those other press events were staged. It's all about putting asses in seats and selling PPV. FM was more than happy to play the bad guy/Most Hated role. That aside, he is everything that he claimed to be. The truth hurts. Oh and for the guy that said that he is a "boxer and not a fighter and who would win in a street-fight, blah-blah-blah..." Your argument is just silly.

HAHA!!! Prince Naseem...He was a scrub huh? Loved the drama though. Pretty Boy knows boxing is not a lifelong endeavor. Get the money, get out.

Buy real estate, invest, record labels, etc.

History may be kind to Mayweather because Muhammed Ali was a hated "loud mouth racist and draft dodger." Now he is voted the greatest athlete of all time. Now before people say i cant compare these two stop and realize he sold more tickets because people wanted to see him lose. He also lost black support because of the radical change of name and religion.

"His mama named him clay so I'mma call him clay"

HAHA!!! Prince Naseem...He was a scrub huh? Loved the drama though. Pretty Boy knows boxing is not a lifelong endeavor. Get the money, get out.

Buy real estate, invest, record labels, etc.

Yeah, I think I might respect him more for this than anything else. Taking 2 years off to promote etc. I doubt he will come back, really no reason to. He made $50 million off his last two fights the past 6 months or so.

Yeah, I think I might respect him more for this than anything else. Taking 2 years off to promote etc. I doubt he will come back, really no reason to. He made $50 million off his last two fights the past 6 months or so.

I read somewhere he's worth around $300m.

I read somewhere he's worth around $300m.

Hard to imagine having that kind of money, especially at his young age. He seems to take really good care of his kids, they are set for life too.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131