over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rio 2016 heads up

True, but wouldn't a Euro be worth a lot there and a dollar can be converted to Euro and so the savings should pass down proportionately. I think the UK leaving the EU is going to hurt them even more now.

Since leaving (not officially) due to the uncertainty of everything the UK pound has dropped really bad. I have UK bank accounts so I lost out a lot when in Rome recently. I will do a pic thread of Rome when I have the time.

True, but wouldn't a Euro be worth a lot there and a dollar can be converted to Euro and so the savings should pass down proportionately. I think the UK leaving the EU is going to hurt them even more now.

Don't fool yourself, Maldorf... if you're a tourist, vaca in Greece or its islands (like the Cyclades Nothuman visited) will cost you WAY MORE (and I mean A LOT) than what you're used to in the US... remember this: tourism is Greece's first income... they have zero interest making it cheap for you. My summer holidays there a few years ago were by far the most expensive I had experienced in a long time.

Italy is about the same... if you've got no family there and resort on tourist stuff/places, you'll come back home with EMPTY pockets, believe me... :(

As for ALLEX's original post, all I can say is DAMN... and thanks too. :eek:

A lady friend from Bahia that happened to go to the university in Rio before coming to Paris for a few years had already told me about the same... what you describe does NOT seem far fetched at all... and that's pretty sad actually. :(

what you describe does NOT seem far fetched at all... and that's pretty sad actually.

It is sad.

Rio has always been problematic, but by the time of the World Cup 2 years ago it wasn't this bad. It went downhill nose first for the last two years.

My friend has a good job there and she wants to move out. She says there's not one day that goes by that she isn't somehow affected by the violence. Blocked streets, curfews, corrupt cops, it's an everyday thing.

Have a Mexican cousin-in-law (sort of) that lived in Rio for 5+ years (give or take a few more) along with a second residence more into/next to a more jungle'ish home, and she never complained of much stuff happening from there. She moved about 3'ish years ago to Italy (Her husband is Italian and they were living there due to his job with IT or something like that). My GF, her cousin, visited there the end of 2011 and liked it. Both said Mexico was way worse...but again, this was not within the last 2 years, so that is very sad to read of it's current state. I don't travel much:( But it's good to know to take this off my checklist.

My mom's family came to America from Portugal, the Azores, in the late 1800's, so i'm trying to piece together a lot more of this side of my family so I can take a trip out there someday and to work on genealogy....and of course site see and eat:) I have this on my current list of places to go...but hell, not sure when or or if i'll ever get around to it. Currently, I like taking my camping trips in the Sierra Nevadas every year:D

Don't fool yourself, Maldorf... if you're a tourist, vaca in Greece or its islands (like the Cyclades Nothuman visited) will cost you WAY MORE (and I mean A LOT) than what you're used to in the US... remember this: tourism is Greece's first income... they have zero interest making it cheap for you. My summer holidays there a few years ago were by far the most expensive I had experienced in a long time.

Italy is about the same... if you've got no family there and resort on tourist stuff/places, you'll come back home with EMPTY pockets, believe me... :(

What I figured for the tourist areas. I guess the only way you would get off cheap would be to stay in regular towns with the regular inhabitants, but then I guess that would get rather boring and isn't suited to bringing a family along.

What I figured for the tourist areas. I guess the only way you would get off cheap would be to stay in regular towns with the regular inhabitants, but then I guess that would get rather boring and isn't suited to bringing a family along.

In Fiji where we go with BigA our money
(Was not sure about now) nearly double.
We would exchange in the hotel and 50usd
Would get you nearly 100 Fiji

For example Hard Rock Cafe would cost 12 Fiji dollars, but maybe only 6$ 7$ usd

For example Hard Rock Cafe would cost 12 Fiji dollars, but maybe only 6$ 7$ usd

That is what I like to hear. I looked up hotels there and they seemed rather expensive though if you want to stay in a nice resort. I didn't look real hard though.

Oh cmon, is NJ and NYC the farthest north you've been? Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine? Being born and raised the North East shelters you from the real world. Here you can go buy groceries and tell them you forgot your wallet and you'll be back later, no big deal. I'm down in Florida on vacation and all the stores have bullet proof glass separating you from the cashier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the Deep South - havent ever had to lock my doors. I can't imagine any place safer than where I live. MANNERS - that's another thing. Yes sir and yes ma'am and THANK YOU - all things you will hear dozens of times a day down here.

Now - if you are a yellow bellied - lying - stealing - no good sum bitch - well that's another story. :D

Well, US$100,000.00 for Big A is like $10 for you and I... so doesn't matter that much anyway... :eek::D:p

I'd hate to see anyone hurt so, just a quick heads up.

If you're planning to visit, don't.

If you insist, remember:

- Get around in groups with someone who knows the city.
- Do not attempt to drive around with a GPS, you'll end up in favelas and will be robbed, hurt and maybe killed.
- Beware of fake police check points. These are robbers dressed as cops. They will get everything you have and will shoot you if you don't stop.
- Beware of real police check points. Real cops will try to get your money and will shoot you if you do not cooperate.
- Always carry your passport with you. Cops may ask for it and if you don't have it, they will make up some sort of law with a fine and you'll have to pay it right there on the spot. It's a fake law, a fake fine and there will be no receipt.
- If you see 10 year olds carrying assault rifles, they are not just playing in the hood, these are real weapons and they'll shoot for any reason or no reason.
- Around touristic spots they have national guard, army, good cops (sort of) and you may even feel safe there. It's an illusion.
- If you are tough enough for Chicago, Detroit or even Iraq, you're not tough enough for Rio. It's a different game and you'll lose every time.
- I was born and raised here and I wouldn't visit Rio these days.

It's sad that I'm writing this, but it's the truth. We hope better days will come eventually.

Stay safe.

lol

dude ppl from the first world crack me up...

you can spot them a MILE away! lol

its a whole different ball game when YOU are the alien... lol

I have been to and lived in some fucked up places...
in Paraguay once... I got there n ppl like you need to be supper careful!
last week in the city center they cut a guys finger off just to get his ring! lol
yes had guns pointed at my head there, but all good. didn't touch me.
Paraguay is fucked up too cus so many guns everywhere...
the guy in the super marker has 3-4 visable guns.. cpl pistols, shot gun, and ammunition everywhere you can think of.. n the super market is cinder blocks with a tin roof! lol

cops never trust em...

anywhere. lol

but down here they will rob you or look the other way while someone else does...

bribery is cheap so that works well. lol:D

always n adventure! lol

:headbang:

i believe it will be a nightmare there, he's telling the truth, these street gangs there are crazy and you put some rich japanese or european walking around looking like a tourist and people will get killed for a camera or 5$

I lived in Recife way down the other side and we never went to rio even in the 70's .

Allex, where would you recommend to visit in Brazil to go to just have some fun time with beautiful women while being safe then? another country lol? I was thinking of visiting later this year with a couple friends, post olympics, when it's winter in my parts... I was told Floripa but was also told that it is only hopping certain times of the year.

Just watched real sports with Bryant gumbel on HBO , they covered a lot about the upcoming Olympics and one of the nastiest things is there water . Sewage is running through the city and making tons of people sick . They cautioned to not get sick over there because hospitals are so over filled that you will be left in a hallway for hours on end before you get treatment. There economy is fucked and the olympics (IOC) is only making it worse. The raw sewage drains straight into the water where the swimmers have to swim for events. Not good . Oh and zika virus . They didn't really go into the crime aspect but warned people not to come .

dude ppl from the first world crack me up...

you can spot them a MILE away! lol

its a whole different ball game when YOU are the alien... :

some rich japanese or european walking around looking like a tourist and people will get killed for a camera or 5$

I lived in Recife way down the other side and we never went to rio even in the 70's .

Yep. The white socks all the way up to the knees and the Tommy Bahama shirts don't help either. Never ever wear those things anywhere in the world.

Allex, where would you recommend to visit in Brazil to go to just have some fun time with beautiful women while being safe then? another country lol? I was thinking of visiting later this year with a couple friends, post olympics, when it's winter in my parts... I was told Floripa but was also told that it is only hopping certain times of the year.

There are girls everywhere. Brazilian women aren't prettier than those from other countries. Is it prostitutes you're looking for?

Yes, Floripa is nice in the summer. North East beaches are beautiful. Porto Seguro, Porto de Galinhas, Natal, Fernando de Noronha, Itacaré, etc.

But you live in a place like that already in Egypt don't you?

Yep. The white socks all the way up to the knees and the Tommy Bahama shirts don't help either. Never ever wear those things anywhere in the world.

There are girls everywhere. Brazilian women aren't prettier than those from other countries. Is it prostitutes you're looking for?

Yes, Floripa is nice in the summer. North East beaches are beautiful. Porto Seguro, Porto de Galinhas, Natal, Fernando de Noronha, Itacaré, etc.

nah i saw the writing on the wall when Sisi took on Isis that the nutties would be comin for touristy spots so I moved back to Vancouver last March. Id been there for a couple years so i was ready for a change anyway.

Not looking for hookers lol I know there are beauties everywhere but ive traveled thru chunks of Europe Africa North America and Asia so South America is really where I was hoping to hit this time around. i am not going for strictly women we just like the sun and goin new places but if there is a hot spot worth checking out id make note. Like If someone had asked me about where the fun congregates in Egypt id have said go to Sharm for fun...wondering where the fun spots are thats it.

backpacks!
don't forget backpacks!
lol
even in a giant city THESE ppl all have backpacks..
and dress like friggin indian jones....

what gives? lol
all makes us wonderbread types look bad... lol

I can usually tell what language a group is speaking from a block or so away.. lol :sta:-wars

It's so bad they stopped talking about the Zika virus.

Zika is the last thing you should worry about if you were visiting Rio these days.

Flu like symptoms and body aches for a few days and that's it.

Maybe dangerous for pregnant women, but still unknown.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws