advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Should I lower my carbs even further with Slin (Humalog)?

Wayacrucis

Registered
Hey bros. Been on Humalog for about two weeks now. I am using 10IU post-work out. I am using 50g of Carbs in my post work out shake for 10IU of Slin, followed by 40g of carbs in my meal which follows an hour after the shake.

At my current consumption level of carbs, I feel fine. I also consume no fats 4 hours after I pin humalog. Should I try to lower my carbs even lower in my post work-out shake? maybe 30-40g? or do you guys think 50g is low enough to avoid fat gains from excess carbs.

If it were me, I would

Individuals respond different, try to by 10/20g and see how u do. I would suggest that u have some type of fast acting sugar on hand to be safe....
Oj
Piece of pie. And so on!!!!

If you wanna further lower carbs without the risk, add glutamine to your post-workout shake and take some with your meal. Glutamine regulates blood sugar and stops you from going hypo on reasonable doses of slin. MassiveG recommends this.

I do about 15iu humalog with 100 carbs split into two meals (one shake for intra and one food meal post workout). I've noticed that if I keep carbs low to non-existent the rest of the day I can get away with alot post-workout without getting fat.
Mountaindog says in one of his posts that insulin sensitivity is king and that really stuck in my head, keeping carbs low except for when insulin is active keeps your insulin sinsitivity high which is good for a natural endomorph like me who gains fat real easy.

I don't get why so many guys want to use as little carbs as possible on slin. Sure they are scared of fat gain so I understand their reasoning. But imo anyone who is using slin should be relatively lean to begin with. They should be training hard and eating a well balanced diet. Therefore the probability of gaining tonnes of fat should be low if your overall diet is good. If your bfis 20% then should you fuck be on slin in the first place so that sorts that problem out.

Why risk feeling abit sick or even going hypo for 30-50g carbs. You want to keep your sensitivity high and when slin is active you want to make the most of it's nutrient shuttling abilities meaning lots of protein and a nice amount of carbs. The whole point of slin is to grow and create fullness amongst other things :lightbulb:

Why would you take lower carbs if any thing you should to more carbs

To keep fat gain at a minimum. Too many carbs per iu of slin is risky when it comes to that.

If you can lower your carbs too much with out goin hypo doesn't this mean your becoming insulin resistant?

To keep fat gain at a minimum. Too many carbs per iu of slin is risky when it comes to that.

depends when the last time you ate was I eat at 5:30 train at 7 get home at 9:30 so that's 4 hours Plus I was training for 1:30 I pin slin and gh and eat 130 carbs and 2-3 hours later I eat another huge carb meal zero fat gain over here... but if you ate 1 hr prior to slin shot then ofcourse 40-50 carbs is all you need because your glycogen is full ...

HMM I have 10iu humalog 30 min pre workout with 200grams of maltodextrin dextrose and waxy maize mix starting 30 min prior intra and post and I don't get fat..... If your diet was in check there should be no issue period. Insulin helps shuttle nutrients into muscles helps you better absorb what you are taking in.

What about this????? Dan Duchane's diet where he drinks 5-600 g ed of prtein from whey and casein with some leafy greens for fiber basically this is a write up on it.... The Ultimate "No Fat Gain" Insulin Program

My real question is what about that diet with 5g total carbs per 1iu of log, do you think you could lean out while growing?

What about this????? Dan Duchane's diet where he drinks 5-600 g ed of prtein from whey and casein with some leafy greens for fiber basically this is a write up on it.... The Ultimate "No Fat Gain" Insulin Program

My real question is what about that diet with 5g total carbs per 1iu of log, do you think you could lean out while growing?

Thats a very interesting and out of the box diet plan, typical of Duchaines writings.............

Thats a very interesting and out of the box diet plan, typical of Duchaines writings.............

Deff was a crazy f*cker but im curious as to how well this works? And would you still lean up well with a few more carbs sprinkled in there then he advises?

Deff was a crazy f*cker but im curious as to how well this works? And would you still lean up well with a few more carbs sprinkled in there then he advises?

People shouldn't be stupid and try anything like that. JJ has tried that and he blacked out... one time was really bad. Maybe he can confirm that with you. Say your diet was basically greens and protein all day do you honestly think you will gain fat by having say approx. 60-80g carbs when slin is active? You would have to be eating a horse a day to gain fat imo. Think outside the box but unnecessarily dangerous things like that are stupid imo. You could consume aminos or fast acting whey such as whey hydrolysate and a smaller amount of carbs but I wouldn't risk having next to no carbs. Everyone needs a different amount but I am sure 5g per IU would be fine for most but I would start on higher and lower the amount as your sensitivity lowers.

Although as sma stated it depends upon how your full diet looks like. So if your consuming next to no carbs all day your sensitivity should be high. Moreover if your diet is so restricted I have to add again do you really think your gonna get fat off say 100g for a 10IU shot once a day... hey even two shots per day. Guys imo should be making the most of slin when it's active :lightbulb:

Elvia I should add the purpose I use slin for is recovery. I don't have experience gaining lean using more then 30iu per day it just doesn't seem to be worth it for me. Because over 500 carbs I hold a ton of water and that doesn't put me in a caloric surplus I need fats to do that and it's just not optimal. Thinking back to my 30iu lantus pics I didn't gain fat just was holding loads of water.

I'm pretty much at 380/450-500/115-125

So if your a high carb guy sure you get get away w/ more slin

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner