over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder bursitis

Getheavy

Newbies
What pros have had this, and what did they do to get rid of it?

-or-

how many of you have had it and what did you do?

So far I've tried ice everyday and I've had a cortisone shot. It's been almost 3 weeks since the cortisone and it's still bothering me. I've had an xray and MRI and everything else is good. I need your help guys! I want to get back at the weights soon!

I had it in both of my shoulders caused from "distal clavical AC impingment" the only fix was surgery to remove the build up causing the problem

I had it in both of my shoulders caused from "distal clavical AC impingment" the only fix was surgery to remove the build up causing the problem

I was thinking I had an impingment in my shoulder as well, but as far as what the doctor is telling me it is simply bursitis. If it is, it sure is alot harder to get rid of than people are saying.

How was the surgery? Did it leave any scars or do anything to your delts appearance wise? Sorry I have no idea what the surgery is like.

Give a thought to cissus & vitamin d3 ;)
Did you:
Get your cortisone inj under traction?
Take 14 - 21 days off lifting to allow for healing?

Last edited:
Hmm, and the MRI showed nothing? And cortisoned did nothing? I have bursitis and tendonitis (RC tear also), but it was brought on by impingement (type II acromion w/bone spurs). Have you tried a combo of NSAIDS and rest? Strange that the cortisone shot did nothing; did they give it directly in the joint capsule?

deca

deca is taking care of mine and I have it so bad that I cant even lift while off.Came off ten days ago and lifted yesterday and couldn't do squat. Back on today. Cortisone helped for about a year but now doesnt help at all.

Give a thought to cissus & vitamin d3 ;)
Did you:
Get your cortisone inj under traction?
Take 14 - 21 days off lifting to allow for healing?
under traction?

I did allow two weeks before I did anything involving the shoulder.

Hmm, and the MRI showed nothing? And cortisoned did nothing? I have bursitis and tendonitis (RC tear also), but it was brought on by impingement (type II acromion w/bone spurs). Have you tried a combo of NSAIDS and rest? Strange that the cortisone shot did nothing; did they give it directly in the joint capsule?

It did help. I don't have that nagging pain like before, but I can't do lateral raises without getting this semi-painful burning sensation. They did inject directly into the joint. I'm taking additional time off, but I'm really staring to shrink after being in and out of the gym because of it.

what causes bursitis and impingement? i've read that upright rows and shrugs are bad exercises because they cause shoulder impingement but is this true?

under traction?

I did allow two weeks before I did anything involving the shoulder.

It did help. I don't have that nagging pain like before, but I can't do lateral raises without getting this semi-painful burning sensation. They did inject directly into the joint. I'm taking additional time off, but I'm really staring to shrink after being in and out of the gym because of it.

Well, this may or may not help, but I've modified my exercises... I do no overhead pressing, do half-range bench press, no dips, and lateral raises only up to shoulder level. Also try turning your thumb in to perform the lateral raises; my ortho told me that this minimizes impingement. I also take 600-800mg ibuprofen about 45 mins before any chest/shoulder/lat/DL movements. I have noticed a great reduction in pain, and it no longer wakes me up at night. Of course, I have a full-thickness RC tear as well as tendonitis/bursitis, but it was caused by the impingement, which I've been able to minimize .

what causes bursitis and impingement? i've read that upright rows and shrugs are bad exercises because they cause shoulder impingement but is this true?

From Shoulder Impingement Syndrome - Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics

-impingement syndrome describes pain in subacromial space when the humerus is elevated or internally rotated;
- during humeral flexion, the supraspinatus tendon and bursa become entrapped between the anteroinferior corner
of the acromion (and CA ligament) and the greater tuberosity;
- this syndrome is thought to precipitate attritional changes in the rotator cuff, leading to RTC tear;
- once the supraspinatus (and infraspinatus) tendon is disrupted there will often be further impingement
and irritation which can lead to biceps tendonitis and subsequent rupture;

Not necessarily, from what I understand. If you have a Type I acromion, and correspondingly a lot of room in the subacromial space, you could do overhead movements all day and never impinge anything. It comes down to the individual, I guess. If you feel the deep 'burning' sensation described earlier (I know I feel it when doing chest/shoulder work), then that's probably a sign of impingement.

I have had an MRI on my shoulder before and it didnt show anything wrong.
But after I kept complaning, I had my shoulder scoped, and i had a torn labrum.

I have had an MRI on my shoulder before and it didnt show anything wrong.
But after I kept complaning, I had my shoulder scoped, and i had a torn labrum.

Yeah I have another appt. tomorrow. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong so I can get back in the gum full time. Now I'm getting paranoid about my other shoulder. Everytime I get the slighest ache I freak. Ah well...

Chances are they need to go in and "clean up" your shoulder.... Achromioplasty is when they go in and shave the spurs off a part of your shoulder joint... Ive had 2 surgeries where they did this. I also Have a torn rotator cuff and a ruptured bisep tendon. I still workout but deal with the pain. Some days I cant even lift my fucking arm!!! I guess you just get used to it!!!

Btw... You might need an arthrogram Mri where they shove a needle 3 inches into your shoulder joint to inject dye, so when they do the mri they can see things better! You think your shoulder hurts now.... wait till you have that done!!!lol

i asked a physical therapist buddy of mine who says I have bursitis down my leg/hip area from too much repetitive uphill treadmill...

He said to try infrared laser therapy and to keep ice on it when possible.

RJ

I think I've come to the conclusion that it is my supraspinatus. I'm not sure what I've done to it, but I'm almost positive that is what is bothering me. I have another appointment with another ortho who specializes in shoulders. Hopefully he can figure out what is going on. I am really starting to get depressed about all this. Between getting sick and this injury, my weight has dropped and so has my physique and strength. I have big dreams of one day becoming a pro bb, but if this keeps up I'll never even be able to set foot on stage.

I guess people can have good genetics but if one part has a flaw that is why so many don't ever make it. :eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws