over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder Bursitis

Jarconis

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Any of you guys had to deal with this crap? It's getting to the point where even 135 on the bench hurts like hell when I unrack it, did getting it drained really help, or is this going to be a reoccurring issue that im gonna have to deal with?

a cortisone shot and laying of completly for several weeks helped mine the first time , had toget surgery the next time. I had an Distal clavical AC impengment for whatever the fuck that means.
Basicaly it was described to me as calcium buildup putting pressure on the bursa causing it to inflame and it would recure as long as the calcium buildup was their. the dr X-rayed and MRI'ed the other should and said we may as well do them both cause it was gonna have the same problem , that shoulder (left one) had never had any pain only my right one so I told him hell no just the one , he fixed it , had minimal down time and it was good as new 6-8 weeks later , for months after getting back in the gym steady the left shoulder started to act up , limped along for a year with another cortisone shot then had it it done.

my Dr said that the bursa was their and needed especialy if I were gonna be stressing the joint with lifting so he diden't want to remove it , only removed the extra buildup , I have since cut out any barbell benching and obly do dumbells , mostly only on light incline and decline , zero issues and my strength and size is better than it ever was

Its been roughly 5 weeks since I got the same injury. The third week I try to do flat bench and flet it wasn't right, pinching sensations...so I tried decline, same thing. Week4 I decided to experiment and do db inclines and had no problem. I also did wieghted dips and felt a little tweak, but not enough to stop. Week5 this week I did the same, I use incline db as my main pressing mov't again, no pain and dips had no pain this go around.

Simce week3 I haven't decided to attempt flat or decline, so I have no idea if it fully recovery or not..but i did notice theirs no pain if i apply pressure to it now. I think it was a warning sign to completely abandon the flat. I may try to see what happens on the decline next week and maybe try db flat.

From my understanding it will completely heal if you rest and leave it alone. It you have a doctor go in there and remove the fluid or probe around in their its a good chance this could further delay recovery and you may not come back to a 100%. Let nature take it course.

from what I have read seen and heard from much more experianced people than me doing flat barbell is pointless and pretty much flat DB as well , use a slight incline or decline

from what I have read seen and heard from much more experianced people than me doing flat barbell is pointless and pretty much flat DB as well , use a slight incline or decline

I agree. I would dump it. I'm making great progress with the incline db, cross overs and dips. Just hope I can incorporate that decline in their this upcoming week.

I think it has alot to do with body mechanics as well. When you get really heavy its very difficult to keep those shoulder blades pinched back and chest out. Lifting heavy seems to flatten out my back as I'm pressing the weight, putting alot of strain on my shoulders. Also not having a spot didn't help either. Taking all that wieght off the rack puts tons of stress on the shoulders.

ive been doing dips because its the only thing I can do that doesnt hurt, even decline will start to bother me

Oh the joy of being an aging bber or weight lifter. Well you can try this.
When and if you bench, put just a little bit of incline on the bench, like 20° or so. Then set some kind of stop or rest so that your elbows DO NOT go lower then your back. You do not want for yout eblows to go past that plane what ever it is.
I work out at home so I set my sawhorses at this level, whatever it is. I have found that I can bench this way and no or very little pain for my shoulders.
Also I would suggest doing disslocates and around the worlds as part of your warm up and then moving on to the empty bar and then build your way up to whatever weight you want to use for work sets.
Best of luck to you bro I know it totally sucks. But you possibly will still be able to bench if you use this mod.
Also check out DieselCrew.com for shoulder rehab work they have tons of great stuff.

Any of you guys had to deal with this crap? It's getting to the point where even 135 on the bench hurts like hell when I unrack it, did getting it drained really help, or is this going to be a reoccurring issue that im gonna have to deal with?

I had a calcium deposit due to a tendon injury in my shoulder. I initially had a cortisone shot, the needle was pretty thick, it was a painful experience. It felt like the nurse shoved the needle right into the shoulder joint itself...into the bone.

I re-injured it a few years ago and had a series of cortisone shots over a two year period whenever it got to painful. Eventually the calcium deposit disappeared as was shown on the x-rays. Sometimes the cortisone will dissolve the calcium deposits if placed correctly.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but a x-ray would be mandatory to determine whats up with the shoulder. Good luck.

I have this same mild bursa inflamtion in my shoulders. I belive the barbell bench press is to blame. The position of the hands just isnt natural when the bar is on/close to your chest. Flies and dumbell presses might be a better alternative if they dont hurt.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws