over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

shoulder pain- need help

bearsfan

Newbies
i have constant pain in my right shoulder, but it's hard to describe. during workouts, it feels like a very intense lactic acid build-up but turns into an ache later on. the ache also seems to be worse on non-workout days. i've taken time off and lifted lighter but the pain is still there. any inputs?

sounds like you need to go see a doc and get an MRI or xray, especially if you have rested it and it has not improved.

Good luck. :cool:

When you work chest, does it sometimes feel like it's almost in the back of your shoulder?

no it's mostly the front. i thought at first my shoulders were just lagging and getting exhausted before my chest, so i focused on shoulders. my shoulder workouts were relatively short due to the pain though

Is it a dull pain on the anterior aspect of your shoulder... If you stick you finger into where your shoulder and your pec ties in...does it hurt there? Say four finger widths down from your distal clavical?? It could be an inflamed bicep tendon.

Had the same thing myself. Believe it or not, I lived about two years in pain before I figured out that if I just stretched my shoulders occasionally, it would fix the problem. DUH!

Is it a dull pain on the anterior aspect of your shoulder... If you stick you finger into where your shoulder and your pec ties in...does it hurt there? Say four finger widths down from your distal clavical?? It could be an inflamed bicep tendon.

if its bothering you a lot…

… with no improvement even after resting it, have it looked at by a sports ortho doc. Shoulders are a very complicated joint with lots of supportive tendons. It would be very hard to give an accurate diagnosis from here.

Sounds like a muscle tear bro. Try heat, ice, and light exercises for rotator cuff and stretching. Firsts things first and already said, go see a doc soon.

thanks for the input. i'm trying to figure out if it's a muscle tear or ligament damage, i know i have to see a doc. of course the first thing he'll say is to quit lifting, which really sucks

remember that the long head of the bicep crosses the shoulder joint. if you do some light curls between sets of presses it can help lube it up.

also avoid pressing the day after heavy bicep work.

I had to take a long break from upper body work due to tendinitis in my shoulders it sucks but some things there is no easy ways around...I did get some relief from a good chiropractor worked on my upper back and it helped the shoulder pain..good luck

Sounds like bursitis. Ice would be helpful. Just a guess. A doc needs to diagnose you.

thanks for the input. i'm trying to figure out if it's a muscle tear or ligament damage, i know i have to see a doc. of course the first thing he'll say is to quit lifting, which really sucks

Not necessarily. When I had a partial tear to my superspinatus tendon 1 1/2 years ago, my sports doc said I could workout but avoid anything that hurt. He said your body will let you know.

glad its not super bad news though!

do you guys think a small dose of gh and eq with help heal an injury like this?

sounds like a real common impingement in the shoulder, go see a chiro that specializes in A.R.T and you should be alright

doc told me to take a couple of weeks of doing nothing to impact the shoulder, constant ice and gave me 800mg ibuprofen to take. after a couple of weeks i'm to try very light exercises to keep good mobility.lateral and front raises with 10lbs is what he suggested. if it stays the same he said he would hit it with some cortisone. should've posted this with the diagnosis. thanks for the constant replies

Must not be that bad. No impingement. No need for subarcomial decompression, you are lucky. Rest ice. A.R.T is not a bad idea.
FYI. MRI's can be misleading as well. I have seen a ton of MRI's that showed a Rotator Cuff Tear Yet the Cuff was not torn and Vice Versa. Negative MRI, get in and the cuff is toast. Shoulders are still in the dark ages. Do what the Doc says. You do not want this to get worse.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131