over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep Apnea

I physically woke up 8-10 times a night some times, and honestly thought it was just prostate bladder issue because I'd get up to pee each time.

What I also noticed was when I awoke my heart rate would be very fast and pounding.

I don't remember how many times I stopped breathing in my sleep study but it was a lot.

I have had allergies and sinus problems since a kid and snored like a bear and had a sleep study done in 2003 when weighing about 30 lbs more than now and they said I had a very mild sleep apnea -just to sleep on my side more.
Fast forward to 5 years later and I was diagnosed with it.

I use the full face mask every night and travel with it as well.
I noticed an improvement in cognition work performance and recovery in the gym.

I wasn't as bad as some get-falling asleep at work and in the car etc brain fog...but it did improve my life somewhat. I have always been the type that can get a full night's sleep at 6 hrs and function well off 4-5 hrs when needed so maybe that's why I haven't experienced "night and day" differences, but there is significant improvement and especially the health risks are now lowered.

The mask isn't that bad to wear or get used too, it's the marks it leaves on your face and nose. I use a bandaid on my nose at night sometimes to help cushion it..

It's more the extreme lethargy, foggy thinking, etc that accompanies it is when people should get their antennae's up... but of course that's also why the Doc will order a slew of labs as well to look for other possible reasons (CBC, thyroid, etc, etc).

Exactly!!! :)

Lifestyle

Having surgery to correct sleep apnea, is actually the worst option to take. I know because I was looking into it, and all 3 doctors said dont do it, and use the machine. Its proven to be the most effective way to treat sleep apnea.

I understand your point IM... part of the reason for surgery too is simply "lifestyle"... some people (and sometimes even the doctor) will know that the person will just not be compliant with the machine (past poor medical history of being compliant with other issues, psych/anxiety problems, etc) so the thought then is "what's the point" of all that money for something that won't be used.

i was diagnosed last yr when i was 23 :eek:.. i used to wake up randomly and gasp for air like i was under water way past my limit. sometimes i was unable to get that air to go in and it would scare me to fall back asleep.. so i finally went in for a study cause the g/f noticed she thought i was dead a few times and would shake me cause i would stop breathing. of coarse i was asleep and didnt notice it but beleived it.. the study scared the hell out of me. they said i stopped breathing like 30 times an hour avg and that sometimes it would be for up to 45 seconds.. :eek: but ive had the full facemask cpap for a while now and love it.. hard to get used to at first but its actually needed now for me to fall asleep the hummm of my machine puts me to sleep... lol..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity