SMALL SUCCESS!

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
Regarding the thread:

**broken link removed**

it was about the prohormone bill, and there was a method on
a civil site on how to contact your representitaves by mail and voice your feeling about the bill to make prohormones Sched III.

Well I received a reply letter from a representative-it was not a
'form' letter either. It addressed the issue specifically.

"Thank you for contacting me about HR 5564, a bill that would clasify immediate chemical precoursors of anabolic steroids as controlled substances.

This bill was introduced on Oct 7, 2002 by Reps John Sweeney and Tom Osborne. It was referred to the Committies on the Judiciary and Education and Workforce, which did not hold hearings on the bill, and the 107th Congress adjourned in November without taking action on this legislation. Please be assured if this bill or similar is reintroduced in the 108th Congress, which convened on January 7, I will remember your concerns."

In other words I assume that action to reclassify prohormonesas scheduled III was not taken; the issue is presently dead.

Good to have some efforts noticed and addressed!!!
Thanks Rick Collins for the website and form letters.
Another small step...

Mike,

I remember you writing and talking about this. It's good to see that your voice (and others) has been acknowledged. More of us should follow in your lead and have our voices heard by our Representatives and not just be heard here. Thanks for your efforts!

---slide---

As an update/correction, Pat Arnold replied saying that congress actually recessed in Nov and the bill will be reintroduced in the Jan sessions. So it actually remains to be seen what action will be taken.

Thanks for the info......

I hope they end all the stupidity..........why don't they make it easier for senior citizens to get the medicines they need more cheaply.:D

Cool

Congrats to you Mike S and others for all your hard work! Not many people walk the walk and you and Rick seem to be doing alot for the bb community! I hope the booth at the arnold does well and continues to get the word out about knowledge!

Unfortunately the bill was re-introduced into the 108th Congress, however it will be reviewed in subcommittee hearings throughout the year. Rick and I went to Washington last Friday to meet with the Lobbyist group hired by the USFA . The bad news is that there is a second bill that may soon be introduced in the Senate by Senator Biden, the monster behind the ASCA. The good news is that in our fight to oppose these bills, we may get the opportunity to re-visit the debauchery that is the Anabolic Steroid Control Act. Maybe kill two birds with one stone. Although this is of course wishful thinking, it would be the ideal! If you're interested and would like to show support like our good friend Mike S., you can go to www.usfa.biz.

And Mike, please foward that letter to Rick or myself. Thanks bro!

may be a long shot...

psycholifter said:
The good news is that in our fight to oppose these bills, we may get the opportunity to re-visit the debauchery that is the Anabolic Steroid Control Act. Maybe kill two birds with one stone. Although this is of course wishful thinking, it would be the ideal! If you're interested and would like to show support like our good friend Mike S., you can go to www.usfa.biz.

And Mike, please foward that letter to Rick or myself. Thanks bro!
[/QUOTE
]

A foot in the door says a lot about the hard work you guys must be putting in. I'll be sure to visit the site you mentioned, keep us up to speed bro!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear