advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sneakers / Gym shoes - what do you wear?

BrooklynBB

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It seems silly that this would matter, but when doing heavy lifting, you'll wear out your sneakers quicker than if you're just using them for regular walking and every day activities. Personally, I like all styles of New Balance for lifting, and Nikes are fine, but they seem to wear out quick. The NB's are the best for me.

There are also some models of sneakers that are thin in the back that actually cut up my achilles / back of the foot really bad, to the point of blistering. Every now and then I'll pick a sneaker that will just cut the back of my foot up. Actually, most shoes do that to me, unless I get them wide. Anyone else experience this?

i get calises(sp) on the back of my ankle from some shoes and mostly from nike....i use NB to lift in also and as far as reg wearing shoes i wear them too....also i have a set of puma that i mostly run in but work out in them also....great shoes!!

|--[\\\]>----------- i like the high top otomixes...go well with my spandex.

I wear velcro walkers that I steal from retirement homes. Stylish and functional. :D Nike Shox are great for every day training, but for leg day and calves I wear And1 mids, or any lower cut court shoe. Good grip on calf machines, and not too high to squat in.

I wear a hard sole Georgia Boot. I don't want a soft sole absorbing my drive on the deads or squats. I want the pedal to the medal.

Nike Shox, Adidas, and sometimes my '95 Jordans when I do legs.

Nike Shox Crosstrainers, mid-cut. Great for squatting and deadlifts. If I could wear combat boots, I would, but my gym doesn't allow them.

BrooklynBB said:
It seems silly that this would matter, but when doing heavy lifting, you'll wear out your sneakers quicker than if you're just using them for regular walking and every day activities. Personally, I like all styles of New Balance for lifting, and Nikes are fine, but they seem to wear out quick. The NB's are the best for me.

There are also some models of sneakers that are thin in the back that actually cut up my achilles / back of the foot really bad, to the point of blistering. Every now and then I'll pick a sneaker that will just cut the back of my foot up. Actually, most shoes do that to me, unless I get them wide. Anyone else experience this?

I feel that NIKE SHOX TL series have held up best for me for all around training EXCEPT dl/ squat- I prefer NB flat soles for that.
Air maxes cannot handle HEAVY weight- I got a new pair of airmax 360's and leaving the gym after about a week of use I could hear the air leaking out with every step.
So yeah I think it wear out sneakers faster- I know my sneakers are junk when I start to get shin splints and shox have lasted me the longest (runner up NB 850's) before I get cripling shin splints

I wear shox or airmaxes for every day training and cardio, and I wear jordans for leg training and sometiems deads as well.

Ballet shoes and a thong for squat day.

The Myth said:
Nike Shox Crosstrainers, mid-cut. Great for squatting and deadlifts. If I could wear combat boots, I would, but my gym doesn't allow them.

Sounds like another Planet Fitness!

Barefoot until the garage gets too cold, Monday it was 22 degrees F, so I broke down and put on some flat, non-fancy Reeboks circa 1994 that I only wear in the gym in the winter, so there in fine shape.

Work boots for Squatting, barefoot/None skid socks for Dead lifts. Sneakers for ever time else.

I still like adidas samba classics for legs and calves, very thin but solid soles and at 40 bucks you can't go wrong. Otherwise I prefer new balance or and 1.

I needed to replace my 2002's . Have always heard the 574 new balance are great but couldn't bite. Finally did these are great. Comfortable, cheap, different color patterns, fit any look.

From observing gym shoes this week prior to buying here's my take on what I see

Alot of young people wearing addidas and Nike.
The "dad's" are wearing Brooks and Saucony. New dad shoe I guess
Black guys seem to be into under armour, thought that was new?
See some vana and Chuck Taylors
See some 574 and 900 and 2002 although. Apparently the kids and dad's both love the 2002.

574 for me I'm sold, retro is in. Imo the edgy look. I'm in my 30s and not an athlete I don't think pure athletic shoes would look good, more of a young mana shoe.

I don't like soft shoes in the gym.

For myself it's Nike AJ1 mids or Dunk highs these days - and I do lace them up fully. They feel stable and secure.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws