over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying on a diet while traveling on business

HELLA SWOLE

Registered
I need some advice from some of you guys out there. I just started a new career and I have to travel out of state for a sales meeting for 3 days. I am currently dieting and I am curious to know how some of you other people have gone on business trips and such, stayed in hotel rooms, and still stayed on your diets? When I diet, I DIET. I like to stay as STRICT as possible, so saying "oh, 3 days off won't hurt you" Yea, it probably won't be too bad taking those days off, but I get sick thinking about throwing the previous 4 weeks of dieting down the drain, so its not really an option for me. I would really like to do anything possible to stay on my diet. I will be sitting in on meetings most of those three days as well and on an airplane going to and coming from. Any help or past experiences would be appreciated.

I am not so worried about training. I will probably have a treadmill in the fitness room and I can pay to work out at a gym if needed.

either pack your bag of whey, or google a place to get some down there.

bring your shaker cups

my hotel didn't have a dinette, so I just found a costco and bought about 4 packs of chunk lite tuna.. and fat-free mayo

protein bars

if your hotel has a microwave.. you can nuke oatmeal and have for bfast.. not to mention if you get those glad storage containers, you can make up some extra the night before and eat in your meetings (cold but.. better than nothing)

I pre-made up as much food as I could the night before and stored it all on ice in the garbage can after I emptied it out and cleaned it (clean the garbage can then fill with ice/cover with wet towel for a ghetto cooler)

Sup's on the money here...You just gotta be a bit creative and plan ahead some. I always try to get a hotel room with a kitchenette, a microwave at the minimum. If possible, arrive a bit early and go shopping for your food & get set-up. It sucks and it's inconvenient but it becomes routine after while.

honestly.. taste, presentation and variety were not a consern of mine.. I accepted that it was going to be a short term sacrifice to eat the ratio's I wanted to maintain.

those GLAD containers saved my ass.... alternately. precook 3 days worth of meals and pack it all with you to either eat cold or re-heat...

*shrug*

pre-cooking 3 days worth of meakls is A LOT of volume to carry with me. Not to mention I am not sure if I will have a fridge or microwave. Taste does not matter to me when dieting, just hitting my macros. I guess I will just bring a ton of tuna packets, my protein, almonds, and ground oatsand some waxymaize. Maybe some olive oil. Tuna for 3 days will suck, but oh well...this is the life we live lol thanks fellas

my last trip was 7 days of tuna :(

on the bright side.. I got to sleep for about 14 hours a day !!!

I made two different trips last week on business, one to Costa Rica and one to Great Exuma in the Bahamas.

What saves me in terms of keeping up my protein consumption every 2-3 hours are the new True Protein RTDs, nifty little bottles, each filled with
cold filtration whey isolate, 50 grams, no carbs, no crap. Just hand to a flight attendant, ask her to top off with water, and goes down incredibly smoothly Or if sitting in a termianl, just buy a bottled water and fill to top, shake, consume and then discard.

Found this to be a lot easier than traveling with shaker bottles which can get dirty and tough to hand to a flight attendant if already been used once.

Worldspan

You may want to consider looking into the Liquid Beef Aminos as well. This is something that I intend on incorporating into my dietary plan, especially when traveling for biz...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws