over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

steroid debate at congressional level?

joshbarnett

Kilo Klub Member
will there ever be an intelligent debate with/in congress? i mean a legitimate debate about the legalities of steroids and the real reasons most people use them. and not some one-sided bashing! maybe have rick collins, dave palumbo, the doctor the gov't used in baseball trials, representative from AMA on steroids, a few senators etc. would it be possible? why are people who use for cosmetic reasons held to the rules of the olympics, mlb, nfl etc? why does Joe American get thrown in jail because he wants to look better, feel better, have bigger arms??? i feel the gov't owes the american public this. the AMA, DEA etc didnt want them banned to begin with-right? they had to have reasons they didnt want them banned and i just want to know why. i want legitimate studies to back their information. not just, "because we say so"! am i wrong? these are legitimate questions i would love to hear answers to from our government with responses from rick,dave etc

sorry guys. i know this has been brought up a million times but with the whole bonds and clemens thing being brought to the forefront again it just pisses me off. :)

will there ever be an intelligent debate with/in congress? i mean a legitimate debate about the legalities of steroids and the real reasons most people use them. and not some one-sided bashing! maybe have rick collins, dave palumbo, the doctor the gov't used in baseball trials, representative from AMA on steroids, a few senators etc. would it be possible? why are people who use for cosmetic reasons held to the rules of the olympics, mlb, nfl etc? why does Joe American get thrown in jail because he wants to look better, feel better, have bigger arms??? i feel the gov't owes the american public this. the AMA, DEA etc didnt want them banned to begin with-right? they had to have reasons they didnt want them banned and i just want to know why. i want legitimate studies to back their information. not just, "because we say so"! am i wrong? these are legitimate questions i would love to hear answers to from our government with responses from rick,dave etc

sorry guys. i know this has been brought up a million times but with the whole bonds and clemens thing being brought to the forefront again it just pisses me off. :)
maybe once some of the younger generation takes over things may ease up .look at pot now in a lot of states you get caught with a small amount you get a ticket like for speeding.but i don't think they will ever be legal. but the hard on for them may were off out of sight out of mind if we can get pro sport players to just say no.

Last edited:
"will there ever be an intelligent debate with/in congress?"

that is a great question....it doesn't seem possible.

Impossible. They've put so much blame on steroids that it would make it impossible. Most are hard headed pricks that don't give a shit and legalizing steroids would cause to many problems for them to be bothered with.

I just don't see it happening anytime soon. There is wayyyyyyy too much fear mongering about gear going on. Bonds and Clemens is just ridiculous, actually the whole baseball steroid scandal is. I think a vast majority of baseball fans don't even care anymore.

I still can't get over the amount of resources and tax dollars that have been wasted on the issue. While the perfect storm was brewing in the mortgage and financial markets we were having senate hearings on which major league slugger may or may not have used steroids. Logic and reason have never been a part of our government and never will be.

I still can't get over the amount of resources and tax dollars that have been wasted on the issue. While the perfect storm was brewing in the mortgage and financial markets we were having senate hearings on which major league slugger may or may not have used steroids. Logic and reason have never been a part of our government and never will be.

I couldn't agree more! UN REAL! I was just getting pissed about the Barry Bonds trial this AM after they annouced that the US is back of 1982 in terms of UNemployment! Everyone needs to write their congressman. It's all you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJF547Mv62A

maybe, we should ask ourselves what is performance enhancing? is taking blood out of the body, oxygenating it, then putting it back in the body like Hines Ward did to "heal" his knee legal? i thought that is exactly what the IOC has been fighting against in cycling and track and field since i can remember. they even said that Ward did this on national tv in the first quarter of the super bowl! and i havent heard anyone even bat any eye about it.
tiger woods getting laser eye surgery to improve vision and therefore improve hand-eye coordination is NOT performance enhancing???!!
drew brees' surgery to fix his shoulder from that playoff injury a few years ago actually made his throwing arm STRONGER. these were drew's words :"stronger" than it used to be. how is that not performance enhancing?

roger clemens throws SLOWER than he did when he was in his 20's but everyone keeps talking about him using performance enhancing drugs. how are they enhancing his performance when he doesnt throw harder using them??!! heres what happened: HE PERFECTED THE SPLITTER AND HAD GREAT LOCATION WITH HIS OTHER PITCHES!!

if someone developed a drug for fat people to take to burn fat and not have an obese society would they ban it?? HELL NO! THEY WOULD CHARGE A TON FOR IT AND THE PHARMACEUTICAL IND WOULD MAKE BILLIONS. they make a drug that makes people lean and more muscular with added diet and exercise and what do they do? THEY F'N BAN IT AND THROW PEOPLE IN JAIL FOR USING TEST/GH. WTF!!

sorry, had to train a few people and couldnt continue my rant lol....if the gov't is "protecting" us then why in the hell can i go to meijer and buy insulin without a script!! insulin will kill you faster than anything if used improperly! I JUST DONT GET IT!

Here's a little spin on it. It's legal for a woman to inject testosterone because they want to change there body into a "man". Why isn't it legal for a man to inject testosterone cause he wants to change his body?

With the worlds current situations why is congress even discussing AAS in sports? There is many other topics that should be front runner to this. USA citizens should be furious and write congress to let them know.

Here's a little spin on it. It's legal for a woman to inject testosterone because they want to change there body into a "man". Why isn't it legal for a man to inject testosterone cause he wants to change his body?

Exactly!!! I love that one!!! Some chick can take testosterone, cut her tits off, grow a fucking beard and slap a beanpole between her legs and its OK. But a guy who wants to build some muscle cant! Crazy:confused:

There will never be an intelligent debate in Congress about any topic. Something that you have to understand is nothing that Congress does is based on common sense or "right" and "wrong". Instead, all decisions are based merely on politics and money and have some sort of bias.

They'll probably wanna start telling athletes how to eat in the future as well...lol. Like, "No carb ups before an event because that is unfair to those that don't do it, and the advanatage you get from the hormones will make it an unfair."

Seriously though....I really want to add something positive to this thread but cannot, it is dearly depressing, and I feel you 100%+ joshbarnett:(

I look back over the last 15 years i've been posting on these boards, from as far back as 1995,at EliteFitness and M.F.W. newsforums, and this question always arises. The sad thing is, over these past 15 years, i really believe it has gotten worse in every way possible. AAS and HGH are a very hot topic right now, and people are being hammered left and right for stuff that they are using in a positive manner.

Yes, it doesn't make sense that they want to nail people wanting to enahnce their body's optimally. I mean, with all the science and literature that has come out over the last decade on all this stuff, you'd think there would be some kind of change....but no:(

Meanwhile, America is becomming fatter and more unhealthy by the day, we are at war, cocaine and meth and heroin are much bigger threats, but yet they want to focus on freakin' AAS:rolleyes:

There are some members at my board from the UK, as I am sure there is here, and everyday use for them is no big deal to other people in their population. It's only frowned upon in the USA because the government has made it out to be that way.

When it comes to chemical substances and compounds, money will always be the over-riding factor. The sad thing is, doctors these days are scared shitless for prescribing even Hrt for patients. A professional is told how to do his job by a bunch of fat guys that work for the government...wtf?

There was a period, back when MM2K was promoting responsible AAS use, only for Buttplug to turn his back on all the positive attributes for his supplement company.....smart for a greedy bastard, but it really put a wrench into things as well.

Man, I wasn't gonna write all this, sorry:(

I am in a hurry right now so sorry for the spelling errors and some of the non-sense rant:)

BMJ

has anyone found the governments official statement regarding the banning of steroids? i.e. reasons why with credible studies to back their position?

I cannot see how anyone could give a good reason why it would be safe to sell anabolic steriods over the counter without a prescription. These are extremely powerful drugs and can do damage if not used correctly and responsibly. What I can see is lowering the classification of the drugs so they arent classified like hard narcotics, and allowing doctors to prescribe it to patients that desire muscle building. At least there would be some parameters the doc would have to follow and the patient would be required to undergo regular monitoring of their body for sides etc. Way too many risks to just start selling it to any Joe Blow off the street.

One of the big problems that I see is that with all the scaremongering going on and the witchhunting is the doctors and researchers who want to do legitimate studies that may improve the quality of human life are not able to get the grants and permissions to use these compounds for testing. If they were able to do the testing, all the myths and BS concerning AAS would be dispelled after several years and several studies and then things would open up HRT wise for us all and for our kids generation,quality of life would improve as would length of life if only the researchers were able to do the research. It is so stupid for these bureaucrat asses to stick their noses into this when there are SO many more important issues affecting people at this time and point. IMHO ALL politicians are worthless as a broken dick. Intelligence and Congress are an oxymoron. Dont expect Obama to stick his neck out on this one. :mad: :devil-:mi

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131