advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stories of AAS related deaths? Or guys who have come close?

tmuscle

Kilo Klub Member
I was curious if anyone knew anyone who died largely due to AAS usage. As in renal(kidney) failure, liver failure, heart attack, stroke, things of that nature.

Did these people have, otherwise, healthy living habits in general? As in they didn't drink or use recreational drugs, weren't on a lot of prescription high-risk drugs, etc. Or was AAS just a piece of the puzzle?

Also, to those of you who knew guys who have passed, or if you have come close to dieing yourself, did you or those people have genetic predisposed conditions that AAS exacerbated(made worse)?

Here's a list with causes of death......

**broken link removed**

I am curious about this as well.

HMMMM

so is that list comprised of the bbs that died from steroids? I see alot of heart attacks on there but I have a HUGE argument against that. I have known regular ole joes who have suffered heart attacks at early ages who were not overweight and not bodybuilders. In fact my exs father weighed in at a soaking wet 148lbs at 5'9" when he suffered a major heart attack. I've heard of kids having heart conditions etc. So all those on there that died of heart attacks, scratch off the steroid death list cuz that may not have been the cause.

Paul Demayo, drug overdose...not steroids.
Sonny schmidt, cancer...how many people get that who aren't on roids? MILLIONS!!

So, that list is just bbs that have died, I don't see any except for Andreas and momo and they were diuretic casess I believe.

im interested in hearing about liver disease caused by aas. obviously we all know stroke and heart attack are very possible due to increased blood pressure cholesterol and blood cell count, and im sure we all know someone directly or indirectly who has suffered one of these. but i know people who (according to forums) use suicidal doses with orals AND drink and are completely fine. im completely convinced liver damage is overplayed on the forums.

so is that list comprised of the bbs that died from steroids? I see alot of heart attacks on there but I have a HUGE argument against that. I have known regular ole joes who have suffered heart attacks at early ages who were not overweight and not bodybuilders. In fact my exs father weighed in at a soaking wet 148lbs at 5'9" when he suffered a major heart attack. I've heard of kids having heart conditions etc. So all those on there that died of heart attacks, scratch off the steroid death list cuz that may not have been the cause.

Sonny schmidt, cancer...how many people get that who aren't on roids? MILLIONS!!

So, that list is just bbs that have died, I don't see any except for Andreas and momo and they were diuretic casess I believe.

The list doesnt say that everyone there died because of steroids usage but it would be stupid to ignore the fact that these guys were all using (high doses) of AAS and died because of heart problems.

I think like most things in life the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Media is very quick to pin any bodybuilding deaths on steroids, at the same time it would be foolish to Bury our heads in the sand (which I think we all do to a degree as we love the results)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if andreas munzer counts in this department. I bet what eventually got him was the heavy diuretic use that led to kidney and liver failure. But, his heart was double the size of a normal man's. Going way to overboard way to long was his downfall. Mohammed Benaziza also died to diuretics probably in the end. And the fact that he ate only apple sauce for way to long.

Interesting list...

I'm more interested in gym-rat type cases though...

i have one that is my own personal story....for the first 5-6 years i was in the gym..i took and STAYED on dbol the entire time. literally never went of it. one day i cam in from work on a stressful friday afternoon and collapsed in my living room. several days later i woke in my living room with my young wife over me saying i had been unconious for 2 days and vomitting blood. i told her to take me to the hospital where i found i only had 6 pints of blood in my body. i had been bleeding internally and was told there were leasons on my liver.i had 2 blood transfusions and a week and a half in the hospital.

i have one that is my own personal story....for the first 5-6 years i was in the gym..i took and STAYED on dbol the entire time. literally never went of it. one day i cam in from work on a stressful friday afternoon and collapsed in my living room. several days later i woke in my living room with my young wife over me saying i had been unconious for 2 days and vomitting blood. i told her to take me to the hospital where i found i only had 6 pints of blood in my body. i had been bleeding internally and was told there were leasons on my liver.i had 2 blood transfusions and a week and a half in the hospital.

How much dianabol a day were you on? Did you never get blood checked?

i was running as low as 50mg to 100mg of pink thai dbol. no,i was young,stupid and immortal. never saw the need to get bloodwork done. needlesss to say i feel differently today

Funny you mention that. Close friends father lifted weights (not bbr), ran, biked, swam, did it all. Was training for a sprint triathalon and died of a heart attack on the side of the road riding his bike. Healthy guy, succomb to God's allotted time

I honestly think the biggest risk to using steroids is an infection. I've been on these boards since '95 and its rare to see posts about chronic side effects from using anabolics. However there is always some active thread with some guy who has a red swollen injection site that needs draining and antibiotics.

The next big risk to using steroids, in my opinion, is impairing your natural testosterone. Again rare to see a thread complaining about sore kidneys but tons of threads with 23 year old kids saying they can't get a hard on anymore or they did a 6 month cycle and 6 months later their natural testosterone levels are still a touch below normal.

I'm not naive enough to downplay the risks of steroids. There are consequences to steroids.

Some of the biggest risks obviously include indirect side effects like fluid retention causing stress on your kidneys. I don't care if you are 280lbs of obesity or muscle 280lbs is hard on your heart. Stuff like that.

I'm not sure if andreas munzer counts in this department. I bet what eventually got him was the heavy diuretic use that led to kidney and liver failure. But, his heart was double the size of a normal man's. Going way to overboard way to long was his downfall. Mohammed Benaziza also died to diuretics probably in the end. And the fact that he ate only apple sauce for way to long.

Munzer died from internal bleeding he had a number of blood filled cysts in his liver when they started to rupture he bled out on the operating table and died, it is believed heavy oral aas use was the etiology of his cysts.
He was known to like heavy orals like HALO.

i was running as low as 50mg to 100mg of pink thai dbol. no,i was young,stupid and immortal. never saw the need to get bloodwork done. needlesss to say i feel differently today

thats a fuckin lot of dbol for a fuckin long time... which supports my assumption the oral toxicity issue isnt as bad as it seems. lets assume you went a year or 2 3 tops with an unknown condition... thats STILL a long time to be on mod to high dose dbol before something happened. people freak out about staying on orals longer than 4 weeks and act like theyre gona spontaneously combust if they drink while on them... never understood that.

Munzer died from internal bleeding he had a number of blood filled cysts in his liver when they started to rupture he bled out on the operating table and died, it is believed heavy oral aas use was the etiology of his cysts.
He was known to like heavy orals like HALO.

i had never heard that ajdos.....wow! kinda makes you want to rethink any oral usage....

thats a fuckin lot of dbol for a fuckin long time... which supports my assumption the oral toxicity issue isnt as bad as it seems. lets assume you went a year or 2 3 tops with an unknown condition... thats STILL a long time to be on mod to high dose dbol before something happened. people freak out about staying on orals longer than 4 weeks and act like theyre gona spontaneously combust if they drink while on them... never understood that.

i honestly attribute living through it to my younger age.....i dont think i would be so lucky at this age. yes that was still a VERY long time on a decent dose.

i honestly attribute living through it to my younger age.....i dont think i would be so lucky at this age. yes that was still a VERY long time on a decent dose.

im sure having a virgin liver definitely helped. whats your health like today?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131