over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Survey of members pre and post workout strategies

full_belly

Registered
Alright guys, i want to start a discussion about every bodies pre and post workout meals and preferred supplentation. we all agree on most aspects of nutrition, but here i think is pandora's box. i notice particularly in wyldeone and bigA's diets(precontest) no pre or post w/o shakes. can you guys explain the effect you are trying to achieve with this? would you change this aspect in a growth phase?????

Me? i usually run a small carb/ pro drink right b4, and a much bigger one right after training. adding bcaa's, glutamine to sometimes both. but always to the post shake.

imho right after training is the metabolic superhighway! thats when you need to get all the qual nutrients you can into the muscles.

my pre workout shake is to hopefully blunt cortisol increases during training, and fuel to punish the body, and finally the protein to hasten the recovery of excercise damaged cells.

pleaese lets hear all theories.............

here we go boys ;)

I would imagine that they use whole meals instead of shakes because there's less bloating, and more importantly your body works harder to break down the food. I.E. increased fat burning

Precontest is the only time i can ever keep my diet consistent and keep my macronutrient intake where its supposed to be (gettin enough protein) so i tend to gain weight precontest as i lean out. This is what i like to do personally around my workouts...

I have 1 cup of oatmeal 1hr before the gym along with my ECA stack/clen/ etc.. Then post workout i like 100g simple carbs 70g whey. Then 1hr later i eat a solid food meal 50/50, then again 1hr after that.

I just wish my dumb ass could get my head on straight and get my diet right when im bulking and id prolly have something haha. Guess im lazy when it comes to diet, stupid.

keep it simple

I keep it pretty simple. Before my workout I have a metrx with musclemilk added into it made with water, then follwing my workout the same thing but made with grapejuice instead of water and throw in a banana. This has worked well for me.

One thing that has worked well for me after a long period of low carb dieting is this. 20 iu's insulin 30 min pre-workout. During the workout, I sip on Gatorade the entire time. Post-workout, I drink whey, glutamine and creatine mixed with more Gatorade. 1 hr later I eat a high protein, high gi carb meal.

Due to the fact that my insulin resistence is low after a long low carb diet, the insulin pumps me up like crazy when I start bulking again. The pumps I get during these workouts are the best I get period.

When I'm dieting, I try not to eat anything for 2 hours before my workout to burn more fat. And I drink A LOT of water during the workout. Post-workout, I use creatine, glutamine, whey protien mixed in Gatorade.

BigBoyJ said:
One thing that has worked well for me after a long period of low carb dieting is this. 20 iu's insulin 30 min pre-workout. During the workout, I sip on Gatorade the entire time. Post-workout, I drink whey, glutamine and creatine mixed with more Gatorade. 1 hr later I eat a high protein, high gi carb meal.

Due to the fact that my insulin resistence is low after a long low carb diet, the insulin pumps me up like crazy when I start bulking again. The pumps I get during these workouts are the best I get period.

When I'm dieting, I try not to eat anything for 2 hours before my workout to burn more fat. And I drink A LOT of water during the workout. Post-workout, I use creatine, glutamine, whey protien mixed in Gatorade.

You know BBJ, i think you got something there. Im gonna steal it haha. After low carb dieting and low GI dieting your body becomes more insulin sensative. Perfect time to introduce exogenious slin. Although the slins tendency to add bodyfat might keep u from leaning out more, but id guess it would just keep ur bodyfat leveled off since your dieting. Im gonna throw this in for 3 weeks towards the middle just to be safe and see how it works for me, that way if it does what i just said with bodyfat, i will still be ok, il already be leaned out a bit from the first 4 weeks and il still have 5 more weeks after the slin is out.

As far as gatorade, i prefer a 50/50 of maltodextrine and dextrose. That way you know exactly whats goin into your body.

Feel free to steal it, I won't press charges. As for the Gatorade, it's just easy to do. I'm not a big believer in the need for a certain type of sugar while on slin. To me it's another one of those things that people overcomplicate, but if it's what you feel works for you, then what the hell.

20iu slin b4 trainin

BigBoyJ said:
Feel free to steal it, I won't press charges. As for the Gatorade, it's just easy to do. I'm not a big believer in the need for a certain type of sugar while on slin. To me it's another one of those things that people overcomplicate, but if it's what you feel works for you, then what the hell.

good pre w/o supps BBJ, im gonn tryit also as soon as i finish this low carb diet.
keep those srtategies comin guys, this thread will be a valuble resource for us all :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131