over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telling your doctor about gear

Sesshomaru

Kilo Klub Member
Ive seen this issue alluded to in several threads so I figured to just start one.

How risky is it to tell your doc about gear usage (i.e. what can happen if you tell him, both good and bad)? Does anyone know how this all works in the context of health insurance? For example, is your doc required to tell the insurance company so that you can really lose your insurance over it? If you tell your doc and hes a dick about it, will he tell your insurance despite you going to another doctor?

Anyone have any experiences in openly telling their doc about all gear use? How do you bring it up (i.e do you explain it once he takes bloodwork or before or what?)?

Last edited:
I told mine. And i mean i told everything i have done. I also tell him what i am planning on doing. I dont think they can tell your insurance company. The only thing he did was to warn me about the "side effects" of them. Now i have had the same docotr for a little better then 10 years now. He is young and i think its good to be open with them. Especially when they are reliable for keeping you healthy and sick free. Plus, the main thing, if anything ever happened to me he would know what to do because he would know what i had been taking.
So if i fall over from a heart attack or something he can do a proper diagnose on me and fix or see the problem.

both times ive gone to get bloodwork done theyve asked me why i wanted it....so i tell them. i dont think this type of stuff is taught in med school because of the two dif. dr's i ve seen they were clueless on what i was talkin about. i felt like i was teaching them so it just goes to show u how much quality info is on this board. but back to the question, theyve got enough issues with insurance companys to try and stir up mess like that. i wouldnt worry about it

Last edited:
you will want to look at your policy and see if it states that using aas will void your policy if you have any kind of major complication. I wouldn't worry if you are on a group plan but if you are on an individual plan the insurance company may look for reasons not to cover you if you have major complications down the road. On a group plan they cant reject you do to those kinds of things though

Horrible advice

Learn from my experience. I was denied coverage of all my bills for my surgery and treatment. We are talking close to $400,000 in bills and I had to file bankruptcy. Your policy does not have to say and most likely will not say AAS but it will say illegal drug use. On that simple term, and without a medical need and a script, steroids will ruin your health coverage.

The best you can hope for is to find a good doc that you trust and tell him to keep everything steroid related out of your file. Tell him it is between you and him and warn him that there are many cases of denied coverage if something happens. It must never be written down! If you ever get seriously sick and your medical records are pulled, you are fucked!

Trust me on this. I will repeat, unless you have a medical need for HRT and you have a script, there is no reason steroids should ever be in your medical file....

BaldNazi Is CORRECT!

I also had a similar situation... with another Drug and the Ins. company tired to deny coverage. Keep a zipper on it.....

Learn from my experience. I was denied coverage of all my bills for my surgery and treatment. We are talking close to $400,000 in bills and I had to file bankruptcy. Your policy does not have to say and most likely will not say AAS but it will say illegal drug use. On that simple term, and without a medical need and a script, steroids will ruin your health coverage.

The best you can hope for is to find a good doc that you trust and tell him to keep everything steroid related out of your file. Tell him it is between you and him and warn him that there are many cases of denied coverage if something happens. It must never be written down! If you ever get seriously sick and your medical records are pulled, you are fucked!

Trust me on this. I will repeat, unless you have a medical need for HRT and you have a script, there is no reason steroids should ever be in your medical file....

Baldi is correct-- keep your mouth shut-- don't even tell the doctor about pro-hormones, test boosters-- stuff like that. I am an insurance agent, and I can't go into a ton of detail for obvious reasons, but you could have serious issues regarding health and life insurance (with life ins, I'm talking mainly about getting the insurance..generally speaking, once you have it you're good to go).

If you know your doctor very well, or are friends and you can converse "off the record", that's a different story. Otherwise you'd be surprised what your doctor may include in his/her "notes". You may tell them you used something like Post Cycle Support or Diesel Hardcore Test (these are just 2 natural test boosters that come to mind), but your doctor may write "steroids" on your chart. Ever see the Seinfeld episode where Elaine can't get an RX b/c of her negative doctor chart? :D .....try to reveal only things that are needed in an adverse health situation

ProHormones give very similar sides as AAS. If you have something serious happen, like lets take what happened to BN for example, you could say you were using OTC "legal" Ph's. You have to make sure you list "legal" ph's nothing banned like 1ad,etc..Insurance cant even think about denying you for that or they can be sued.

ProHormones give very similar sides as AAS. If you have something serious happen, like lets take what happened to BN for example, you could say you were using OTC "legal" Ph's. You have to make sure you list "legal" ph's nothing banned like 1ad,etc..Insurance cant even think about denying you for that or they can be sued.

Sorry bro, but you're wrong. Alcohol is legal--- see how easy it is to get health insurance once you've been diagnosed with cirrhosis caused by alcohol abuse

Sorry bro, but you're wrong. Alcohol is legal--- see how easy it is to get health insurance once you've been diagnosed with cirrhosis caused by alcohol abuse

But that abuse. If you say you followed recommended dosage on the back of the bottle how the hell are they gonna deny you?

Never! your medical records are not private no matter what you are told.

I remember a few years ago reading about a guy who went to his Dr for a check up. The Doc asked him if he drank and he told him that he drank a 6 pack a few nights per week after work. Turns out your Dr has a legal obligation to let the DMV know about this and the guy got his license revoked. Hard to believe, but it's true.

Yeah I'd be careful bro talking to your doctor about AAS usage. I guess it depends on how well and how close you are with your doctor. I know some guys that have been denied their gyno surgery "just because they felt it was safe to talk with their doctor" :(

Seems obvious to me, your doctor would be doing illegal things too if he agreed to 'let it out of the record', just so you can be big without having your insurance compromised?

Sounds harsh but you have got to keep it real guys

Never! your medical records are not private no matter what you are told.

I remember a few years ago reading about a guy who went to his Dr for a check up. The Doc asked him if he drank and he told him that he drank a 6 pack a few nights per week after work. Turns out your Dr has a legal obligation to let the DMV know about this and the guy got his license revoked. Hard to believe, but it's true.

Magnum I have worked in a hospital for a couple of years, and I can tell you that you are not supposed to do so, because of doctor patient confidentiality. Insurance companies do have access to Medical Files however, and they can access them if they go through the proper channels...

Now there is a new law that may/already has passed that a hospital can notify police of any drug use, drinking under age, etc. Otherwise the doctor should not be notifying the DMV of anything. I believe the doctor can be sued for that, and probably lose his license to practice, since he is violating HIIPA guidelines.

About 12 years ago, I got an absess on my thigh and antibiotics were not helping. Went to the Dr, sent to the hospital as I never told them what I did, they opened it up to let drain. They would not let me leave the hospital until they found out the cause, two days later I told them but at the time I had an HMO and everything was covered. Now I think I would just tell them bug off and sign myself out without telling the truth.

But that abuse. If you say you followed recommended dosage on the back of the bottle how the hell are they gonna deny you?

I'm not saying it's right, but they find plenty of ways to deny people. I generally try to stay on the auto and life side of things, b/c I hate dealing with health ins.

Using pro-hormones/pro-steroids, a non FDA approved supplement (without a prescription), can sometimes be placed in the same category as using black market gear. ANY amount used without an RX can be considered abuse by certain companies.

Also, and I'll play devil's advocate here, some of these new pro-steroids are being rushed to market so the supp companies can sell them using the loophole. Who knows how these are going to affect folks down the line? The scary thing is that teenagers are using them and thinking they are just "dietary supplements". I've been reading different boards where a lot of guys don't realize these things are steroids (a few on this board seem to have that attitude)---sorry for the rant; maybe I should start a new thread about the pro-steroids

Magnum I have worked in a hospital for a couple of years, and I can tell you that you are not supposed to do so, because of doctor patient confidentiality. Insurance companies do have access to Medical Files however, and they can access them if they go through the proper channels...

Now there is a new law that may/already has passed that a hospital can notify police of any drug use, drinking under age, etc. Otherwise the doctor should not be notifying the DMV of anything. I believe the doctor can be sued for that, and probably lose his license to practice, since he is violating HIIPA guidelines.

Wrong bro. This article talking about the law that obligates the Dr to notify the DMV.

HARRISBURG, Pa. - A judge ruled the state can suspend the driver's license of a man who told his doctor he drank a six-pack of beer a day, but also ruled he can obtain restricted driving privileges if he uses an ignition-interlock device in his car.
Keith Emerich said Tuesday he was "kind of stunned" by the ignition-interlock order, but had not decided whether he would appeal the Lebanon County judge's ruling. Emerich, 44, said his legal battle to reclaim his license has left him "just about tapped out" financially.

"I'm being treated like a criminal. The only crime I committed was getting sick and telling the doctor the truth," he said.

Emerich's lawyer said the ruling doesn't answer the question of how Emerich can ultimately prove to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation that he can drive safely.

"This is going to cost him $30 a month" to rent the ignition-interlock device, said attorney Horace Ehrgood. "I don't know how it solves the issue of his getting his license back until he convinces PennDOT that he's capable of driving."

Ignition-interlock devices, installed in the cars of repeat DUI offenders, force drivers to blow into a tube so their blood alcohol content can be measured. In Pennsylvania, if the driver's BAC is above .025 percent the car won't start; the legal limit is 0.08 percent.

The ruling by Judge Bradford H. Charles was issued Friday. Both sides said they received it late Monday.

Emerich, who lives in Lebanon, about 30 miles east of Harrisburg, received a notice from the department in April that his license was being recalled effective May 6 for medical reasons related to substance abuse.

He disclosed his drinking habit in February to doctors treating him at a hospital for an irregular heartbeat. A state law dating back to the 1960s requires doctors to report any physical or mental impairments in patients that could compromise their ability to drive safely.

Emerich has said he doesn't drive drunk. He contended in a petition to get his license back that he has since restricted his beer-drinking to weekends and that he has a mostly clean driving record, aside from a drunken-driving conviction when he was 21.

But Charles' ruling noted that while Emerich told his doctors that he only drinks beer at home, he testified during a July 29 hearing that he also drank in bars and admitted to driving after having "a few beers." Emerich also refused a doctor's request to seek alcoholism counseling or therapy, Charles said.

"We find that the abyss of Emerich's alcoholism was so cavernous that he would and/or could not moderate his alcohol consumption so that he could safely drive," Charles wrote.

Charles said he was ordering Emerich to obtain an ignition-interlock device because an indefinite license suspension would be unfair, given his more recent efforts to reduce his beer consumption.

Although the state's ignition-interlock law is designed to address cases in which motorists drive drunk or refuse to take blood-alcohol tests, it does not expressly prohibit the use of the device for motorists with medically restricted licenses, Charles said.

"An interlock device will ensure that Emerich does not drive under the influence of alcohol," Charles wrote.

PennDOT spokesman Anthony Haubert said the department was pleased that the license suspension was upheld, and that it would comply with Charles' ruling.

Hey Magnum! Glad to see you. Set the younguns straight.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws