over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Testosterone makes you more indifferent

BigDM

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Interesting article i just read on IronMagazine.com:

The more testosterone circulating in your body, the less concerned you are likely to be about what other people think or feel. Psychologists at the University of Texas at Austin discovered this when they analysed word-use in emails and the diary of two testosterone users.

Scientists believe there is a relationship between how you think and the amount of testosterone molecules circulating in your blood. High testosterone means above all more aggression, more focus on status and increased interest in sex. In addition, testosterone boosts preparedness for action, spatial awareness and feelings of wellbeing. For an overview of our postings on the relationship between testosterone and psychology click here.

The American psychologists had the opportunity to measure the relationship between testosterone and thought patterns. They came across a heterosexual 60-year-old man who had been using testosterone since he was 56 to increase his upper-body strength [Case 1], and a 28-year-old transsexual who had changed from being a woman to a man and had been using testosterone since he was 25 [Case 2].

Both subjects injected themselves every 1-4 weeks with testosterone cypionate. For a number of months they recorded when they injected so that the psychologists could estimate how the men’s testosterone levels had fluctuated during that period.

The 60-year-old gave the psychologists access to his emails; the 28-year-old gave them his diary. The psychologists counted the frequency with which the men used words that reflect the psychological effects of testosterone and when they used them. They then calculated whether there was a relationship between word use and testosterone level.

The researchers noticed little in the men’s word use that confirmed scientists’ assertions that there is a link between testosterone and psychological status. When they had high levels of testosterone in their blood the men did not use words significantly more often that would indicate heightened sexual interest, aggression, focus on status, spatial awareness or the conversion of thoughts into action.

Interestingly, the men themselves did think that the relationships were present. They believed that they wrote more often about aggression, sex and dominance when their testosterone levels peaked.

The only convincing effect that the researchers found was that the men used fewer social words when they had high testosterone levels.

The researchers do believe that testosterone has a real effect on “increase task-oriented aggression, status striving, and even the initiation of casual sexual behavior”. Even though their study would seem to indicate the contrary, the evidence from other studies is simply too strong. But the researchers also believe that a high testosterone level results in users shutting themselves off from the outside world. And that, they emphasise, is not necessarily a bad thing.

“Behaviorally, higher testosterone levels may increase task-oriented aggression, status striving, and even the initiation of casual sexual behavior”, they write. “Nevertheless, testosterone may cause people to spend less time considering the emotions, thoughts, and behaviors of others. This finding makes sense if high testosterone levels prompt people to strive for social status. Testosterone can clear the mind and allow people to make decisions that are not colored by social considerations.”

Attachments

• 118.gif
    118.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 784
I agree and disagreeto an extent. Test makes me feel good, confident. When I feel good I am less concerned with others opinions of me, but I am more concerned with other people in general.

If I feel lousy, I can't find the energy or motivation to do things for other people because I'm just dragging. But if I feel good, it's easier to go out of my way for someone. So in that sense I actually care more about what other people think.

It's interesting that it mentions spatial awareness. For a long time I've felt that when I on (not just test) I have quicker/better reflexes. Seems there could be some correlation there.

I agree with alot of this. Ive never really had the typical roid rage symptoms, Im quite a relaxed person and dont notice much of an aggression increase even on high test/tren.

However I have definately noticed that while i feel better in myself whilst on steroids i am less 'emotionally available' and show less affection.

Also, my partner split with me recently whilst i was 'off' and i was finding it more difficult than i expected, but almost immediately upon steroids getting back into my system it became very easy to deal with.

As time goes on I have become MUCH less emotional and anxious of what others think. It could be viewed as a negative for sure, but I find it allows me to pursue my goals and actually be a more productive adult. There's an up and down. I'm not as lovey-dovey maybe as I used to be to my loved ones, but I have more drive and dedication to being a better provider for my family.

Could just be coincidental though, but I assume there is some correlation.

2 people?? They didn't discover anything. Just found 2 people with something in common.:rolleyes:

this is already common knowledge for us testosterone users

maybe this " study" was paired together as an advertisement because its layed on really thick lol

I have never really cared about what others think of me except for the people that matter to me.

Don't get me wrong as I'm very cordial and sociable, but I'm also very direct and open which some may take as me being an ass.

But I would rather be honest and upfront with others, and they the same with me as there are a lot of fake people about.

As far as supplementation goes, I think they just allow ones true nature to show more or less depending on what is being taken.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

LMAO, as a young kid I always laughed at others for that sorta attitude about others' opinion, always though t was surrounded by cunts and yes I was first in my class/year to get a beard

Ironically I was thinking this exact thing today when I was walking around in the grocery store today. I have been on 5 mg of LDG-4033 which is said to work on Test and today I bumped it up to 7.5 mg, leg day. People were running around like anxious ants after 5pm and my store is small so cart derby is always on. I couldn't care less where as before I'm stopping dodging ah ah uncomfortable nervous glancing like where are you wanting to go? I think today I was Danial Craig and Hank Moody which is Awesome. Love Sarms

Have you every heard of the Psycho-Daddy? Focused on his "kids"? Putting out, going forward, teaching with certainty, eyes on the prize.

Fundamentally, testosterone is inclined to produce the points-of-focus entailed in psychosis.

Indifference is almost a secondary product. Like the economic notion of "opportunity cost," I focus on "this" at the exclusion of all others.

In phycology, values just are a currency in the currant.

None of these things are right or wrong. One drawback of the psychotic tone is that you stop accepting new information, but if you don't adapt correctly with new information, then that isn't good for your overall outcome.

That is the basis of the psychotic break with reality. People who are clinically psychotic have these threads of thought that have broken from reality.

2 "men" and one was a trany... lol awesome study! :banghead:

wow

C... testosterone levels to my knowledge have never been linked in any way to psychosis, estrogen on the other hand has.

yes there is a giant difference in everything about you depending on t level in not gona say there isn't. we can look at extremes of low t and high t plus other androgen. i have experienced this myself.

low t is horrible. aggressive, cranky, moody no interest and at time possibility of sex.

high t is pretty much the opposite.

proper hormone levels are important for mood.

but lets not really call this a study... lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity