over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thank you

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I fly down to Florida on Wednesday to compete at the 2009 NPC Nationals Bodybuilding Championships.

Weigh-ins are Thursday and prejudging is Friday afternoon, with finals on Saturday.

I’ll be a light heavyweight, probably around 188 onstage. This is 2 classes and 23 pounds heavier than I was at the North Americans a few months ago.

This will be BY FAR the most competitive show I’ve ever done. The light heavyweight class is always one of the most competitive too, so to jump into this level of a contest (where all class winners get pro cards) and to jump up two weight classes, is definitely a quantum leap.

Last year there were 43 guys in the light heavyweight class – all nationally-qualified bad-asses with awesome physiques. The judges quickly narrow it down to the top 15 though, so 28 guys were only onstage for about 60 seconds before they got told
“Ok, you didn’t make the cut.. better luck next year”.

It can definitely be a humbling experience.

Many of these guys have been competing at the top level of this sport for years, consistently placing in the top 5 and inching closer to their pro card every year. It will be awesome to get to stand onstage with them.

I don’t know where I’ll end up in the mix… I might very well be one of those guys that doesn’t make the cut. I’ve never done a show of this caliber before, or competed in this weight class at the National level, so my name isn’t really “known” yet. Plus I still have a lot of improving to do with my physique.

Regardless, I’m giving it my all and will have a blast doing what I love to do. I have learned a TON this year and am very grateful for all the experiences I’ve had. All I can do at this point is go and have fun and show what I have. The rest is out of my hands.

I’m also looking forward to finally having a break after the show; this will be my fifth contest this year, when I normally only do one. After Nationals I don’t plan on competing again until next summer (probably at the Jr. Nationals in Chicago).

Thanks to all you guys and gals at Professional Muscle for all your support along the way.

Good Luck

Good Luck Shelby. You have had a heck of a year, this experience will just enhance it a little further.

Hey good luck shelb! its good to give your body and mind a rest after 5 shows in 1 year!

Good luck!

No matter what happens, you look fantastic and you are an all-round very cool guy Now, kick some ass!

Shelby, we are all proud of you. This has been a great year for you and also a beginning to big things! I wish you the best of luck, bud.

Hell yeah ... you will never reach the stars if you don't try and grab the moon!

do your thing man

and good luck

:)

Always a pleasure to follow your journey, Shelby! Best of luck, and above all ENJOY the experience! :)

Kick some ass and have a blast Shelby!:)

RJ

Best of luck Shelby! You've worked your ass off and have made tremendous improvements. So no matter where you place, you still come out on top.

Shelby,

I feel that we should all be thanking you for taking us along for the drive. We have got to witness you prepare for multiple shows now this year and have seen the tremendous improvements and changes you have made on your trek to nationals.

You have given us all motivation to be better in AND out of the gym. You make us all think and pursue to become better people, family men, and bodybuilders.

So I guess all I want to say is THANK YOU!

Good luck at Nationals, have a great time and know you belong on that stage along with everyone else. Your hard work and dedication will be noticed!

Thanks again guys... this is a great community of lifters with a lot of support for each other.

good luck brother. a very humbling experience indeed.

What ever the outcome, you are a class act and I am looking forward to meeting you.

Best of luck Shelby! We are all pulling for you brother.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws