advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Effects of Supraphysiologic Doses of Testosterone on Muscle Size and Strength

cvictorg

Registered
**broken link removed**

Methods We randomly assigned 43 normal men to one of four groups: placebo with no exercise, testosterone with no exercise, placebo plus exercise, and testosterone plus exercise. The men received injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate or placebo weekly for 10 weeks. The men in the exercise groups performed standardized weight-lifting exercises three times weekly. Before and after the treatment period, fat-free mass was determined by underwater weighing, muscle size was measured by magnetic resonance imaging, and the strength of the arms and legs was assessed by bench-press and squatting exercises, respectively.

Our results show that supraphysiologic doses of testosterone, especially when combined with strength training, increase fat-free mass, muscle size, and strength in normal men when potentially confounding variables, such as nutritional intake and exercise stimulus, are standardized. The combination of strength training and testosterone produced greater increases in muscle size and strength than were achieved with either intervention alone. The combined regimen of testosterone and exercise led to an increase of 6.1 kg in fat-free mass over the course of 10 weeks; this increase entirely accounted for the changes in body weight.

Supraphysiologic doses of testosterone, with or without exercise, did not increase the occurrence of angry behavior by these carefully selected men in the controlled setting of this experiment. Our results, however, do not preclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids may provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychiatric or behavioral problems.

Muscle strength in the bench-press and the squatting exercises did not change significantly over the 10-week period in the group assigned to placebo with no exercise. The men in the testosterone-alone and placebo-plus-exercise groups had significant increases in the one-repetition maximal weights lifted in the squatting exercises, averaging 19 percent and 21 percent, respectively (Table 4 and Fig. 1). Similarly, mean bench-press strength increased in these two groups by 10 percent and 11 percent, respectively. In the testosterone-plus-exercise group, the increase in muscle strength in the squatting exercise (38 percent) was greater than that in any other group, as was the increase in bench-press strength (22 percent)

600mgs of testosterone enanthate a week for 10 weeks - nice dose

and note NOTHING else was used and the subjects still had GREAT gains. no orals, no harsh chemicals, no diet pills, etc. just good old testosterone and exercise. -JS

test is all ya need..

YUP

test is all ya need..

but they never listen...
they would rather take a steroid designed for cattle that makes your nuts shrink to raisins!?!?!:eek::confused::rolleyes: -JS

I agree

test is best.

When you take a step back and look at this study you really have laugh. 600 mg a week of testosterone made the subjects stronger and more muscular. LIKE DUH ! Really? I never knew. Geez that must be what all those bodybuilders are taking huh? My thought here is where do I sign up for these kinds of studies?? I would love to participate in a free scientific study using human grade test for 10 weeks. Wow. I bet the test subjects that got the free juice are now all using daily.

Testosterone only group without exercise had strength increases very similar to control group that exercised. If the stuff is real, you will gain whether you exercise or not.

Testosterone only group without exercise had strength increases very similar to control group that exercised. If the stuff is real, you will gain whether you exercise or not.

shhhh don't say that, or it will give more losers the excuse to work out like crap and eat like shit on cycle, and have them saying "I need 750mg to make any gains cause i'm a hardgainer"

Wait. There's an injectable form of testosterone??

lol good study

confirmed my suspicions after doing a couple of cycles :eek::D

how much of the mass they gained was just water? im sure they bloated up some on test.

lol good study

confirmed my suspicions after doing a couple of cycles :eek::D

Ha ha ha...

Got to love the latest findings on supraphsiological doses of Testosterone in trained individuals.

Like anyone didnt already know it...

Ha ha ha...

Got to love the latest findings on supraphsiological doses of Testosterone in trained individuals.

Like anyone didnt already know it...

Look at the date of the study - it was in the JULY 4, 1996 issue!!!

these are legit studies by the new england journal of medicine-why arent these articles presented to congress????!!!!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws