advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"THE THINK TANK" - A Unique Perspective into the Mental and Physical Aspects of our S

Heeeey. Time to resurrect this thread!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Wow, it's been forever since I've posted on the TT.
Thanks MnB for resurrecting this thread.

I simply have been off the charts busy.

TMT is rolling nicely now. It took a while
to earn a great reputation, but Tenny and I have stayed committed to being
the best trainers out there. We're now working with 8 guys and 1 girl.
2 National level guys and 1 that has a very solid chance of winning his Pro
Card.

My 93 year old Dad took a fall on Christmas day, it was bad.
He spent a week in the hospital followed by 6 weeks in Skilled Nursing
where he underwent 2 hours of PT daily to get his strength back.

No broken bones amazingly, but it was all due to dehydration.
He's now in Assisted Living, before the fall he was in Independent Living.
Before all this he weighed 155 or so, now because of all the atrophy he's
down to 134.

He still recognizes us but his dementia is full blown, zero recall.
But I go and visit him 4-5 days a week. It's sad to see.

Training wise I've been starting ED with a 40 min walk followed by a 30-40 minute workout. Basically pump workouts, fast and furious, tri sets and
giant sets. 6 cardio days and 5 cardio plus weights.

I sold all my leg equipment - standing calf, leg extension, leg curl, hack
squat and leg press. I still do some leg work on the smith but nothing serious
by any means.

Plus my home is on the market. Time to downsize. A 4 bedroom, 3 bath home
for 2 people is ridiculous. I'm ready to move on to the next step in life.

Several of us still stay in touch via text and I really appreciate all the friendships that the Tank has developed.

Stay strong!

-MT

Thanks for bringing the Think Tank back to the front page....MnB. I still periodically take the time to visit PM; not as much as I use to. I remember when I first joined up which is not that long ago; I felt I was pretty darn smart when it came to bodybuilding until I started reading threads that took deep dives into diet and technical aspects of training which went way beyond my academic intelligence. I soon realized I had a lot to learn! I love working out and continue to train with a vehement desire. I recently have been using chains on the bars and love it. I continue to use knee sleeves and the sling shot for bench as they both seem to stabilize me and allow heavier weight without any annoying/aggravating pain.

Bodybuilding was number one in my life for much of my competing career (1986-2015)unfortunately that caused a lot of unforeseen issues with my relationships. I now place the Creator of the Heaven and Earth above all else. Psalms 146:6.

Check in with us frequently, Gravel. Let's keep this thing going. There is more to this thread than just the nuts and bolts of bodybuilding.

Hey guys what's up?
I don't remember if Minitruk or Teny is on prescribed T4...
Anyway I'm prescribed with 62,5 mcg T4 daily... I was wondering how I could incorporate T3 on a cuting diet safely and responsibly?
How to taper on and off?

Bill,

The pituitary gland and the thyroid gland work together. The pituitary gland makes, stores, and releases thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). When TSH is secreted by the pituitary gland, it causes the thyroid gland to release more T3 and T4. A high TSH level means there isn't enough thyroid hormone, and a low TSH level means there is too much.

I tell you this just to give you some knowledge on thyroid drugs.

I'm guessing your TSH was slightly high? So your Dr prescribed the T4?

For fat burning purposes T3 can be added but it's a fine line as to how much.
I'd have labs done to see exactly what your TSH, T3 and T4 levels are.

The goal should be to get those levels elevated a little above mid range, not off the charts high.

And any thyroid med should be taken fasted first thing in the morning.
Or some guys like to dose it 3 times a day, just taking 1/3 at each dosing.

So in summary just don't jump on 25mcg of T3 like many guys do.
You may need more or perhaps less. It's all about the levels.

There are other compounds that can help as well.

-MT

Hey guys what's up?
I don't remember if Minitruk or Teny is on prescribed T4...
Anyway I'm prescribed with 62,5 mcg T4 daily... I was wondering how I could incorporate T3 on a cuting diet safely and responsibly?
How to taper on and off?

I really, really, really, really don't like T-3. I shrink on it, but I lose more muscle than fat. It doesn't matter what else I'm running or what I'm eating. Clen works for me. T-3 does not.

Yes Sir!

Clen also has some anabolic properties in it.

Very important to dose clen 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
Your body adapts to it rather quickly.

-MT

I really, really, really, really don't like T-3. I shrink on it, but I lose more muscle than fat. It doesn't matter what else I'm running or what I'm eating. Clen works for me. T-3 does not.

Yes Sir!

Clen also has some anabolic properties in it.

Very important to dose clen 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
Your body adapts to it rather quickly.

-MT
This is very true. It is said that diphenhydramine (Benadryl) will restore receptors during the off weeks, but I don't like the way that stuff makes me feel. I'd prefer to rely on diet, and let clen help me put the finishing touches on a cutting run. It does tend to help me preserve muscle.

Thanks Minitruck !
My TSH on 62,5 mcg T4 is right in the middle of normal range ( 2,5 )
So you suggest to experiment with t3 ?
Meaning after adding 12,5 mcg retest my TSH and see what happens ?
( we want to keep TSH at a lower number to ensure the metabolism is heightened??)
Also on the clen,,, I have experimented with it and I like it
I used the 2week on 2week off regimen pyramiding the dose
However I noticed my body as loosing hardness and driness during the weeks off...
Any cure for that?
( maybe 2 days on 2 days off might be better ??? )

I would recommend this doctor's videos to everyone https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0RC5Mg69FHaUJ-b6D0RCps09TDo0qNZ0

Very intelligent, practices what he preaches, and being out in CA he works with a number of the top olympia competitors. His belief is that 25mcg T3 is a foolish practice among bodybuilders and will just result in one's body producing less T3 itself to compensate. He also believes it's a myth that clen has any anabolic properties. I cannot comment on that as I've never had an interest in Clen so I've never looked into it.

(you can search for different topics but really all of his videos are great)

My own experience with T3 is that it very clearly causes me significant muscle loss at anything around 50+mcg unless I'm on a lot of AAS. I'll never be using it to diet again.

Bill,

I think there may be several variables at play here.

My best advice is to use the link in my signature because I need
more info to help you.

-MT

Thanks Minitruck !
My TSH on 62,5 mcg T4 is right in the middle of normal range ( 2,5 )
So you suggest to experiment with t3 ?
Meaning after adding 12,5 mcg retest my TSH and see what happens ?
( we want to keep TSH at a lower number to ensure the metabolism is heightened??)
Also on the clen,,, I have experimented with it and I like it
I used the 2week on 2week off regimen pyramiding the dose
However I noticed my body as loosing hardness and driness during the weeks off...
Any cure for that?
( maybe 2 days on 2 days off might be better ??? )

I would recommend this doctor's videos to everyone https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0RC5Mg69FHaUJ-b6D0RCps09TDo0qNZ0

Very intelligent, practices what he preaches, and being out in CA he works with a number of the top olympia competitors. His belief is that 25mcg T3 is a foolish practice among bodybuilders and will just result in one's body producing less T3 itself to compensate. He also believes it's a myth that clen has any anabolic properties. I cannot comment on that as I've never had an interest in Clen so I've never looked into it.

(you can search for different topics but really all of his videos are great)

My own experience with T3 is that it very clearly causes me significant muscle loss at anything around 50+mcg unless I'm on a lot of AAS. I'll never be using it to diet again.

Clen absolutely, without doubt perks up my muscularity, especially in the first 2 weeks. I'm already pretty lean when I start it, so I can see it.

Clen absolutely, without doubt perks up my muscularity, especially in the first 2 weeks. I'm already pretty lean when I start it, so I can see it.

I've certainly read bodybuilders say it has anabolic properties in the past, I'm just telling you what a bodybuilding doctor who has worked with hundreds of bodybuilders including Olympia competitors has to say about it.

https://youtu.be/CwA_fGk1FBc?t=1m30s here is where he talks about it. 1:30-5:40

I have no experience to go on with it personally so I'm just passing some info along, I'm sure it won't change your and MT's opinion :D Like I said I have no experience with it.

There is no substitute for experience.

I agree, I would definitely take the doctor's experience and his experience with top bodybuilders, as well as your and MT's experience as a cumulative source of knowledge over just reading some article, for example.

I call BS on this Dr trying to find fame on YouTube.

Bodybuilders and athletes have been light years ahead of the medical community when it comes to things that work or don't work.

The International Olympic Committee banned clenbuterol as a performance-enhancing drug. Soon the World Anti-Doping Agency also included clenbuterol on their list of performance enhancing drugs and prohibited athletes from using it. If I remember correctly this all happened in the early 1990's.

Just the fact that it has been banned, and considered a PED, is proof positive that it is.........A Performance Enhancing Drug!

-MT

I call BS on this Dr trying to find fame on YouTube.

Bodybuilders and athletes have been light years ahead of the medical community when it comes to things that work or don't work.

The International Olympic Committee banned clenbuterol as a performance-enhancing drug. Soon the World Anti-Doping Agency also included clenbuterol on their list of performance enhancing drugs and prohibited athletes from using it. If I remember correctly this all happened in the early 1990's.

Just the fact that it has been banned, and considered a PED, is proof positive that it is.........A Performance Enhancing Drug!

-MT

I'm not saying clen does or doesn't have anabolic properties. But just because it's listed as a performance enhancing drug, doesn't prove it's got anabolic properties.

I'm not saying clen does or doesn't have anabolic properties. But just because it's listed as a performance enhancing drug, doesn't prove it's got anabolic properties.

Damn sure doesn't mean that it does not. If it enhances your performance, it can improve your muscularity, if your diet is on track.

Let's just make this simple.

You have several experienced guys just on this thread saying it does.
Probably with over 100 years of combined experience and time spent "in the trenches".

Case closed! Period! End of discussion!

-MT

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131