over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking about Insulin

TestPolska

Registered
I have been reading a few things on insulin and was putting some thought into perhaps incorperating it into a future cycle.

I'm gonna lay down my basic understanding of it and if there are errors PLEASE correct them...

Assuming one was using in the off season: Using Humalog Insulin
2-3 injections a week immediatly postworkout. 10-15ius. Immediatly taking in 100-150g (depending on dose of slin) of dextrose. Along with a whey shake 50g minimum.

1 hour later after injection:
fast acting carbs like potatoes,white rice ect. But how many???
Along with chicken or fish.

5 hours after injection:
75g of slow absorbing carbs such as oats or brown rice to bring levels back down safely. Along with your choice of protein.

Questions:
Sub-Q meaning under the skin, but how can I be sure I don't inject it into fat?

I know when dieting down for contest the layout would be different. I'd imagine that it would be more frequent and lower doses (ie: 5 days on 2 off) I could be wrong. If someone could explain this aspect of useage I would be very apperciative.

Sorry if these seems like stupid questions but this just is not something I'd want to go into any less than 100% prepared.

...Sorry if these seems like stupid questions but this just is not something I'd want to go into any less than 100% prepared.

There is no stupid question on there.

Insulin is an hormone you CAN kill you in less than one hour.

There is not an issue of long term sides,liver and kidney problem, acne or fucking gyno...

...IT'S ABOUT DEAD FOR GOOD IF YOU DO WRONG.

Never forget it.

if you are worried about injecting into fat you are probably holding to much bodyfat to be taking insulin...

10-15iu's is an ass load of slin, if you are going to do it start at 2 iu and see what happens, this will all depend on your sesitivity.....

my personal opinion, if you are not at a high level of competition dont use slin....

Samma Yes thats why I figured I would throw out these questions to get it all straight before I even thought about using it.

Km2000 I am aiming to reach a high level of competition if that counts. What would you say that the max bodyfat one should be at to begin using insulin? And point taken on the 2ius thing. what about the 2-3 times a week acceptable?

Insulin will turn the average lifter into a fat pig especially if that guys has average genetics andlimited experience and carriers a higher level of bodyfat.

As KM alluded too an advanced lifter that is lean and has everything in order diet supps cardio and decent amount of muscle will see some benefits from insulin.

for many years now I have relied on my pre and pwo nutrition to stimulate all the extra insulin I need on a day for it's anticatabolic effect ad insulin is not a substance that is directly anabolic itself.

Insulin will turn the average lifter into a fat pig especially if that guys has average genetics andlimited experience and carriers a higher level of bodyfat.

As KM alluded too an advanced lifter that is lean and has everything in order diet supps cardio and decent amount of muscle will see some benefits from insulin.

for many years now I have relied on my pre and pwo nutrition to stimulate all the extra insulin I need on a day for it's anticatabolic effect ad insulin is not a substance that is directly anabolic itself.

very true, the only thing insulin is directly anabolic to is fat cells....

So what I gather from your post is the following: In order to use insulin you must be genetically superior, Damn near competition shape and already possessing an godly amount of LBM.

If that is true and insulin is not all that effective (although I've read differently) then why use it?

I'm sorry you just make it sound like if your not already Ronnie Coleman insulin would be a dumb route.

So what I gather from your post is the following: In order to use insulin you must be genetically superior, Damn near competition shape and already possessing an godly amount of LBM.

If that is true and insulin is not all that effective (although I've read differently) then why use it?

I'm sorry you just make it sound like if your not already Ronnie Coleman insulin would be a dumb route.

I have used slin and will use it again and I get good results (note - it is nothing to be compared to AAS etc). Typically I like to use slin as I come off-cycle. That said, before I touched the stuff I knew it inside out and knew exactly what I was doing, and having a good mate who is a diabetic bbuilder also helps with this stuff. I also use it sparingly.

If you are not sure how you will react to insulin and have no good reason for using it other than you are chasing some more gains, there are far more productive routes. MassiveG is right (of course!) - slin is for those at a high level of development. If you are not near your potential, slin will only accelerate fat gains really in my opinion. And for most, to be fair slin should be more hassle than it's worth - PWO or otherwise it is far easier to focus on a good diet and getting those macros into you without worrying about battling the slin.

And PWO is not the be all and end all of bbuilding. It was Troponin, I think, who said if people put as much effort into the rest of their day as they did their PWO regime they'd be doing much much better.

Just like so many things, it is no wonder drug. But unlike AAS it can be dangerous and can actually send you backwards instead of improving your bbuilding progress. IronMike

very true, the only thing insulin is directly anabolic to is fat cells....

I agree with you there, but isn't insulin's strong point that it's strongly ANTI-CATABOLIC?

Only way i'd use insulin is with GH to keep the fat at bay.

I have used slin and will use it again and I get good results (note - it is nothing to be compared to AAS etc). Typically I like to use slin as I come off-cycle. That said, before I touched the stuff I knew it inside out and knew exactly what I was doing, and having a good mate who is a diabetic bbuilder also helps with this stuff. I also use it sparingly.

If you are not sure how you will react to insulin and have no good reason for using it other than you are chasing some more gains, there are far more productive routes. MassiveG is right (of course!) - slin is for those at a high level of development. If you are not near your potential, slin will only accelerate fat gains really in my opinion. And for most, to be fair slin should be more hassle than it's worth - PWO or otherwise it is far easier to focus on a good diet and getting those macros into you without worrying about battling the slin.

And PWO is not the be all and end all of bbuilding. It was Troponin, I think, who said if people put as much effort into the rest of their day as they did their PWO regime they'd be doing much much better.

Just like so many things, it is no wonder drug. But unlike AAS it can be dangerous and can actually send you backwards instead of improving your bbuilding progress. IronMike

GREAT post and in line with mypast experience of using slin.

Good info Mike. Thanks for sharing your experiance with it. Thats kinda what I was fishing for in this thread.

I agree with you there, but isn't insulin's strong point that it's strongly ANTI-CATABOLIC?

well it will put your body in a energy storing state, you copuld call it anti catabolic i guess... but anti catabolic and anabolic are 2 completly different things.....

you need glasses man....

read what massive g and i said, and then reread it.....(i hate it when people put words in my mouth)

if you want to use it then do it, no one here is gonna stop you... we are trying to help, insulin is effective in building muscle mass, but what else does it do? ask your self this....

im not trying to be an ass here but you sound like you dont know too much about this drug... if you want honest opinion on your physique and if you are ready to use slin then post some pics in the members forum, you can tell a lot from just a few pics.......

my experience with people and their self image is that most will grossly over exagerrate their stats to get the answer they want....

if you take slin now and you are not at a high level of comp. then what will you do whe you get to your first show? take more? this is what i am talking about... again i'm only trying to help.....

KM your absolutly right I do know next to nothing about this drug. Which is why I come to you guys on this board. When it comes to bodybuilding this board knows the most, and have the physiques to back it up. And I never thought you were being an ass. I'd rather someone tell me like it truely is than tell me what I want to hear. I ask these questions because I don't know much about insulin. And would rather learn from those who have used it and know a fair bit about it and its pros/cons than the hearsay I'd get elsewhere.

Now you said insulin will help build muscle mass, What else does it do?

And I thought people used insulin in their contest prep. Correct if I'm wrong.

KM your absolutly right I do know next to nothing about this drug. Which is why I come to you guys on this board. When it comes to bodybuilding this board knows the most, and have the physiques to back it up. And I never thought you were being an ass. I'd rather someone tell me like it truely is than tell me what I want to hear. I ask these questions because I don't know much about insulin. And would rather learn from those who have used it and know a fair bit about it and its pros/cons than the hearsay I'd get elsewhere.

Now you said insulin will help build muscle mass, What else does it do?

And I thought people used insulin in their contest prep. Correct if I'm wrong.
well most will usw it in the off season to put on muscle mass, insulin will help your body transport aminos and carbs faster(good thing) but it will also help your body store fat faster!(bad thing) so most will use it in the off season to not have to worry about the fat gains that might come with it... now everyone reacts differently to it, most will put on a good deal of fat if the diet is not correct... if it were me using it for the first time i would use it during the off season and keep my diet fairly clean to avoid the fat gain.... you should do a search in the articles section, i think there is some really good info there as well.... your on the right track researching this and learning as much as possible, there is a ton of info out there......

MY TAKE

1. INSULIN IS THE MOST POWERFUL HORMONE IN THE BODY
2. CAN DO WONDERS IF USED CORRECTLY
3. PROTECTS YOU AGAINST SERIOUS SIDES FROM SOME OTHER DRUGS
4.CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS WITH DIURETIC USE
5. CAN KILL YOU IF YOU OVERDOSE

1. INSULIN IS THE MOST POWERFUL HORMONE IN THE BODY
2. CAN DO WONDERS IF USED CORRECTLY
3. PROTECTS YOU AGAINST SERIOUS SIDES FROM SOME OTHER DRUGS
4.CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS WITH DIURETIC USE
5. CAN KILL YOU IF YOU OVERDOSE

Can you elaborate on #4 phil? I am very interested in this point. Thanks!

Thanks for being cool about it KM thats all I'm here to try and do learn more about it, so if at some point in the future I choose to use I will be better prepared. And thanks for the idea about the articles I'll take a look.

I'll place Phill's "Top" 5 in first position cause there is no space for mistake in this point overdose and/or improper carb intake and you can die.

I could be wrong on this but IMO bulking or cutting when we reffer to diet is all about endo insulin control.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws