over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

THOSE BORN 1920-1979

HA!

I'm glad I grew up then.
A lot of kids now are dull, medicated, iPods with legs.
Yet you're location is /dev/null !!! That's not good! LOL

I try to stay in /dev/hda0 or else I'm just sitting around playing with my /dev/js0

BTW... This was an entertaining post. Those days were so much different. Don't forget though... we would have KILLED for an Xbox! We had fun and we made our own fun but technology changed. We sound like a bunch of old men! LOL "When I was a boy, we played all day down by the waterhole!"

And yeah, those were great times. But I'm typing this sitting in front of a 58" LCD tv, typing on an IBM Thinkpad with a dual-core processor and 2Gbs of DDR2 RAM with an Xbox, 360, and I don't where the PSP is... Plus then there's my Treo which I love, my Zune MP3 player - no listening to radio and trying to hit record when the cool songs came on... I've got over 10,000 songs and hundred of albums, satellite radio, a device that tells when I need to turn left or right while I'm driving! I can turn on my dvr and record something on tv while I'm at the office!

I resisted it too long but now I simple have to quote Charles Dickens... "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times."

Was anyone else into BMX or motocross? I remember I had a beautiful Kuwahara BMX bike which weighed I think 10lbs. Then when I was 12, I got a KX80 - two stroke engine (pre-mix required) and then graduated to a KX125 and a CR125. Finally a CR250 (all two stroke engines, tweaked, bored out, aftermarket exhaust) all business. Then we'd build a fire. That's right a fire!!! And a big one too! and drink and try to get our hands down the pants of the girls that were goodly enough to hang with us. We never set off any forest fires... and all the girls had a good time without feeling date raped.

This was in the days when there was a lot of space and open fields that just became temporary racing tracks until some farmer started firing a shotgun or rifle at us. I'm not sure if it was the noise or that we snuck into his fridge in the barn and stole his Red, White, and Blue beer (do they still make that swill?).

We'd go tubing in the summers for miles and everyone returned alive and with their anuses still not ravaged by maniacs. If your parents went with you while you went trick-or-treating, you would be the laughing stock of all your friends.

Our parents didn't have to tell us to go out and play, they had to yell at us to come in! Which then we'd sneak out and wander around all night anyway. None of us were abducted and sold into slavery rings.

I just found a BMX trophey from 1984 in my parents house. I recently built a 87' Haro Group 1 rs1 race bike from parts all over the world. Good times! I think back of swiss army knives and saws in the woods building jumps and trails in the woods. Playing in the river with no supervision, bb guns motorcycles atc's not atv's. Taking off on my bike @ 6 a.m. and not returning home until the street lights came on(6 or 7 years old)

Was anyone else into BMX or motocross? I remember I had a beautiful Kuwahara BMX bike which weighed I think 10lbs. Then when I was 12, I got a KX80 - two stroke engine (pre-mix required) and then graduated to a KX125 and a CR125. Finally a CR250 (all two stroke engines, tweaked, bored out, aftermarket exhaust) all business. Then we'd build a fire. That's right a fire!!! And a big one too! and drink and try to get our hands down the pants of the girls that were goodly enough to hang with us. We never set off any forest fires... and all the girls had a good time without feeling date raped.

This was in the days when there was a lot of space and open fields that just became temporary racing tracks until some farmer started firing a shotgun or rifle at us. I'm not sure if it was the noise or that we snuck into his fridge in the barn and stole his Red, White, and Blue beer (do they still make that swill?).

We'd go tubing in the summers for miles and everyone returned alive and with their anuses still not ravaged by maniacs. If your parents went with you while you went trick-or-treating, you would be the laughing stock of all your friends.

Our parents didn't have to tell us to go out and play, they had to yell at us to come in! Which then we'd sneak out and wander around all night anyway. None of us were abducted and sold into slavery rings.

Holy crap, the BMX! Wow, i forgot those. But before that I had the schwinn with the "monkey bars".

And I assume your talkin about Pabst Blue Ribbon - The rock gut beer! Damn Im old!

40 years from now people will question how our kids survived to aspartame and high fructose corn syrup... And McDonald's, of course...

Either you're not that old, our era's weren't so diff., or I'm now considered old.... I think we're about a decade apart though:p Anyways, your post sounds all too familiar. I didn't do the bmx thing though many did that and motor-X...I had a quad and lived in East County s.d. where we 'ran'...Beer w/Bon-fires on the Beach, getting in the girls pants, talking out of a potential dui on the way home(though under .08), shooting dove in the field w/dad's 12 guage, playing ditch and running through neighbors backyards...Ahhh, those were the days...Just glad I made it out alive:D BTW, only my poor friend and grandma drink Pabst-Blue Ribbon:p:D

Last edited:
Either you're not that old, our era's weren't so diff., or I'm now considered old.... I think we're about a decade apart though:p Anyways, your post sounds all too familiar. I didn't do the bmx thing though many did that and motor-X...I had a quad and lived in East County s.d. where we 'ran'...Beer w/Bon-fires on the Beach, getting in the girls pants, talking out of a potential dui on the way home(though under .08), shooting dove in the field w/dad's 12 guage, playing ditch and running through neighbors backyards...Ahhh, those were the days...Just glad I made it out alive:D BTW, only my poor friend and grandma drink Pabst-Blue Ribbon:p:D
Well I'm only 36! The times I'm talking about were the 80's. There were very few quads. All bikes. Plenty of three-wheelers. Which they stopped selling because of... well... who knows... I guess someone "determined" that they were too dangerous and decided to make that decision for the rest of us (like they do with everything else).

If your parents went with you while you went trick-or-treating, you would be the laughing stock of all your friends.

Ok, My days were 60's and 70's but this statement is so dead on :p

Dang your right, and you didnt have to inspect your entire bag of candy. Thats when you still got the apples and fruit from the cheap neighbors.

I look back fondly on those days. There were very few overweight kids in those days because the great majority of kids were always outdoors playing sports. I only came inside the house when my mom yelled "dinner's ready" from the front porch.

This has been a great post. Reminds me that old men would talk to me without my parents hiding me from every stranger. Amazing i survived.
I was in Mexico and this guy chased this kid and caught him and smacked him and said don't you ever steal from me again. All I could think of was if he was in the US he would have lost everything. Bet the kids thinks before he steals again.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws