over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on gym and gym culture

Seems some poeple are getting their panties in a bunch over this post, or misunderstanding my general idea. So, let me take a few seconds to make a few clarifications.

I am NOT saying go to a local gym, rip your shirt off and ROAR and slam weights around

I am NOT saying flex on them mirrors just because you wanna get some of 'dem IG skanks

What I am saying is your training CAN benefit on days where you have aggressive environment to smash PRs. these are those dungeons, those underground gyms.

Strength athletes have those days where you want to be aggressive and overload and smash a nasty workout with some of your peers. These are best accomplished in environments where you can act like a savage.

I would never condone, nor be that guy, that goes to a public gym and rips his clothes off and moves a bunch of weights around creating a scene. No I am the guy that quietly does 20lbs rear delt work at such gyms lol. Not 425lbs bench for doubles.

Seems some poeple are getting their panties in a bunch over this post, or misunderstanding my general idea. So, let me take a few seconds to make a few clarifications.

I am NOT saying go to a local gym, rip your shirt off and ROAR and slam weights around

I am NOT saying flex on them mirrors just because you wanna get some of 'dem IG skanks

What I am saying is your training CAN benefit on days where you have aggressive environment to smash PRs. these are those dungeons, those underground gyms.

Strength athletes have those days where you want to be aggressive and overload and smash a nasty workout with some of your peers. These are best accomplished in environments where you can act like a savage.

I would never condone, nor be that guy, that goes to a public gym and rips his clothes off and moves a bunch of weights around creating a scene. No I am the guy that quietly does 20lbs rear delt work at such gyms lol. Not 425lbs bench for doubles.
But you are that guy.

But you are that guy.

I am not that guy... Because you are selectively reading and ignoring key terms such as "public gym"

Let me see you throw 460 500lbs on the bar
Be passive and cheerio and get your chest caved in :)

I am saying when performing strength sports there is a time and place for being that guy....

And if you check any elite level lifters there will be plenty of video footage of them doing the same thing

And yes being top 20 in something qualifies me as pretty "elite"

But sorry being shirtless, aggressive, and getting after some weight offends you...

Well no I'm not

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Curious how many of you are disagreeing just because lol.
You lift and you find it inappropriate for an environment to exist where you can aggressively pursue some PRs...
Right

Www.facebook.com/kbrownfitness

Last edited:
Hey KBrown, your forearms and triceps kick ass!
good job on that bro.

I am not that guy... Because you are selectively reading and ignoring key terms such as "public gym"

Let me see you throw 460 500lbs on the bar
Be passive and cheerio and get your chest caved in :)

I am saying when performing strength sports there is a time and place for being that guy....

And if you check any elite level lifters there will be plenty of video footage of them doing the same thing

And yes being top 20 in something qualifies me as pretty "elite"

But sorry being shirtless, aggressive, and getting after some weight offends you...

Well no I'm not

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Curious how many of you are disagreeing just because lol.
You lift and you find it inappropriate for an environment to exist where you can aggressively pursue some PRs...
Right

Yea, not so sure about that. My buddy has a video on FB of him hitting 515 raw, no grunting, no aggressive actions, no ammonia. Just gets under it, has a lift off, and gets it. Maybe I can suggest he does it shirtless and with a belt like in your videos, that would be sweet.

And the top 20 "elite" thing can be very vague and misleading...Top 20 out of how many? If 30, thats not "elite". If its 10,000, different story.

Yea, not so sure about that. My buddy has a video on FB of him hitting 515 raw, no grunting, no aggressive actions, no ammonia. Just gets under it, has a lift off, and gets it. Maybe I can suggest he does it shirtless and with a belt like in your videos, that would be sweet.

And the top 20 "elite" thing can be very vague and misleading...Top 20 out of how many? If 30, thats not "elite". If its 10,000, different story.

Lol everyone knows somebody...
Again bypassing the entire point that there are entire populations of people that do get amped and aggressive under the bar... Example one of the Lilliebridges smashed his head against the bar before squatting 900... No big deal. I personally wouldn't do that but hey, get in the fucking moment

**broken link removed**

Again nothing vague about who i am or what I do...
I'm ranked 22 specifically you can look me up
In the 220lbs class across all lifters in that class across the nation (not world).
Again these are people who compete nationally across all federations regardless of age.
Power watch only covers the top 50 lifters across the nation in each class
Class by weight e.g 198, 220, 242, 275, 308 etc
So I am top 20s out of everyone that competed and recognized as a top 50 lifter in the country
Where are you on the list ?

I hope that helped clarify things brother

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

I used to be 18th

Again if in doubt please sign up for power lifting watch and you can look at the records yourself

You can also Google me and check my records and authenticity of my lifts with the RPS power lifting federation

Last edited:
You are very insecure in many ways. Guys are simply commenting on your posts but you seem to want the whole world to agree with you. Many of us train hardcore as you say but that doesn't mean we have to take our shirts off to be more hardcore. That reminds me of the idiots who throw their shirts off when they want to fight someone.

I get the whole getting in the zone and guys hitting themselves but that is in the moment. Yours is not in the moment cos you take your shirt off before training and keep it off. If you want to train shirtless that's up to you.

You are very insecure in many ways. keep in mind, OP is like..5 feet tall.

That reminds me of the idiots who throw their shirts off when they want to fight someone. totally different.. have you ever had your shirt pulled over your face in a fight?

see bold

You guys are right
Have a good one :)

Pretty sure I'm not being insecure
I am defending my position
I have defended my records and titles
I have provided details regarding the nature of my post, the environments, the training necessity of intensity for PRs

You guys are the ones that say
But I know a guy
But he's short (8 of the guys who hold records above me are tall... What about them?)
Lol half of you in my opinion are clowns : keyboard warriors
I live this life and have the records to substantiate my training style and methods
Do you ?

That's not being insecure that's just hey some of you voice disagreements in a belittling manner so I respond lol

Last edited:
I think my general point
Is that in my sport sometimes and in the right environment with the right people
Being aggressive and psycho and going balls to the wall CAN mean the difference between a 20lbs PR or a 20lbs deficit

It happens it can
It's whatever if you don't agree

I completely agree. But trust me the guys I picture are not doing the shirt thing because it may give them a fighting advantage. Although your post does remind me of a funny/strange story I heard from my dad about a big fight between two dodgy people in my city. They arranged a fight and it was winter and one of the guys turns up in shorts and covered in baby oil... he won the fight :D

Last edited:
Pay no attention to the nitwits, jealous only 'cuts you don't seem to be insecure.... otherwise, why criticize you when what you posted was alright. Powerlifting brings out that inner beast, if you don't have one you'll never be a great powerlifter. Myself, if I'm in shape, I pose in the mirror. Just to see the progress or how I look with the pump. Looks different at home with no pump. Do I make noise? If its heavy enough, hell yeah... grunting for sure... why tone it down? I train at USA gym in Illinois, bodybuilding gym for sure, with powerlifters, etc, there too. Health clubs are for prisses and pussies who don't like getting their hands dirty. If you train there, keep telling yourself you're hardcore... not too many guys make it to their personal best training at a health club or anywhere near their potential because you almost need to be among your own kind to prosper.

Ever see a guy pull over 800lbs off the ground and blood shoot out his nose? How about break their arm with over 700 on the bench? Not saying that's normal behavior, but for a strength athlete who is used to taking it to extremes, its part of the game. No time for IG or iPod or any of that shit. I'm lucky having trained at several gyms with world class powerlifters. Myself, I am a bodybuilder, but you still need to throw up some heavy ass weights and see what you have in you.... think Ronnie Coleman coulda been who he is while training at LA fatness?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131