over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on gym and gym culture

I am not that guy... Because you are selectively reading and ignoring key terms such as "public gym"

Let me see you throw 460 500lbs on the bar
Be passive and cheerio and get your chest caved in :)

I am saying when performing strength sports there is a time and place for being that guy....

And if you check any elite level lifters there will be plenty of video footage of them doing the same thing

And yes being top 20 in something qualifies me as pretty "elite"

But sorry being shirtless, aggressive, and getting after some weight offends you...

Well no I'm not

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Curious how many of you are disagreeing just because lol.
You lift and you find it inappropriate for an environment to exist where you can aggressively pursue some PRs...
Right

Www.facebook.com/kbrownfitness

So if the bitch is not screaming and grunting loud that means your not going deep enough ?

The problem is the general stigma in this country of being a meathead in the gym... strength sports are frowned on, aggression is frowned on, and bullies are frowned on... the liberals are turning the men of the world into soft sad fucks. Re-engineering human nature is wrong, so is reversal of greatness... they don't even pick teams at schools anymore, they're assigned. Every kid gets a medal for participating even if he sat on the bench the whole game.... some teachers aren't signing papers with a red pen anymore because its too harsh and negative, they use purple. I was a kid who was occasionally bullied, picked on, definitely made fun of. That's fine because I sucked at sports until I discovered BBing...within a few years I was confident, strong, and more aggressive. Aggression is good, has its place, not saying you should go around yelling at people in the gym, but fuckin aye.... be a man.

So if the bitch is not screaming and grunting loud that means your not going deep enough ?

No not at all, especially not for bodybuilding purposes

But when training at 90% or above your 1rm with the intention of smashing a PR the extra environmental stimulation of being able to be aggressive (however that means for you, a lot of variation here) can mean the difference between a PR and leaving some in the tank

LoL I think you at entirely missing the point of the post
Let me clarify and write a short essay

I've been lifting for 12 years competing for 3 and hold a top 20 national bench press across all federations

( preface, not to be a dick, but.... )

so kind of what I though, a newbie...

dude, ill tell you after 20+ years of lifting everything I do is about NOT getting hurt, shit my general life has a high focus on how do I try and have some sort of productive life, stay healthy and alive and out of jail... I don't go out of my way for anything to get amped up!

I have a gas mask on 25 hrs a day with mmj, zen music in my headphones and a teddy bear just so I can make it through the day... lol :banghead:

I wasn't sure if you were the same young guy posting all the power lifting stuff looking like an accident waiting to happen,i thought that one landed in the hospital... not you?

im all for intensity, and sure there is a time and place for competition but most of the best competitors just seem to go do there lift and move on... you waste time and energy getting too amped up, most try and focus on relaxing for best results prior to competing.

maybe pop back in 10 years or so and give us an update...

( preface, not to be a dick, but.... )

so kind of what I though, a newbie...

dude, ill tell you after 20+ years of lifting everything I do is about NOT getting hurt, shit my general life has a high focus on how do I try and have some sort of productive life, stay healthy and alive and out of jail... I don't go out of my way for anything to get amped up!

I have a gas mask on 25 hrs a day with mmj, zen music in my headphones and a teddy bear just so I can make it through the day... lol :banghead:

I wasn't sure if you were the same young guy posting all the power lifting stuff looking like an accident waiting to happen,i thought that one landed in the hospital... not you?

im all for intensity, and sure there is a time and place for competition but most of the best competitors just seem to go do there lift and move on... you waste time and energy getting too amped up, most try and focus on relaxing for best results prior to competing.

maybe pop back in 10 years or so and give us an update...

Injuries are part of the sport...

I tore my biceps and in that process added 100lbs to my squat and managed to strength my entire posterior chain in the process
I also as you can see in my new bench videos am making significant strides in getting back to where I was and will probably obtain my 500 raw This year

You trained 20 years that's cool and I wish you the best in your competition endeavors

Injuries are part of the sport...

I tore my biceps and in that process added 100lbs to my squat and managed to strength my entire posterior chain in the process
I also as you can see in my new bench videos am making significant strides in getting back to where I was and will probably obtain my 500 raw This year

You trained 20 years that's cool and I wish you the best in your competition endeavors

part of life and sport...

well dude, good luck then.

i just sometimes see people doing things that look like they are asking for trouble...

lots of things here and in your other posts are loaded with warning signs...

maybe train with some people much bigger/strong then you, will help with humility.

part of life and sport...

well dude, good luck then.

i just sometimes see people doing things that look like they are asking for trouble...

lots of things here and in your other posts are loaded with warning signs...

maybe train with some people much bigger/strong then you, will help with humility.

Yeah for sure... Thanks for the input
Maybe you should google some of the people I train with and look at their records.

Again I wish you the best with your competitions and sport of choosing.

I am chasing that 500 bench top 5 national ranking in bench and a 600 squat by December

Those are my goals :) all raw 198 / 220 class

Squat isn't impressive
But the bench places me top 5 in the country... I would rank that as a pretty nice achievement

Hey KBrown, we are just older guys looking out for you. I think you understand that. Waking up with pain that is basically self induced, gets old real fast. Or trying to train even with moderate weight and having pain, years after a self induced injury. I know you feel invincible because of your age, we all did. Just be careful. It's not like you can make a living from powerlifting. Professional athletes get paid big dollars and so the risk is worth it usually for them.

Hey KBrown, we are just older guys looking out for you. I think you understand that. Waking up with pain that is basically self induced, gets old real fast. Or trying to train even with moderate weight and having pain, years after a self induced injury. I know you feel invincible because of your age, we all did. Just be careful. It's not like you can make a living from powerlifting. Professional athletes get paid big dollars and so the risk is worth it usually for them.

I feel that
And hey it's a sport I love and enjoy

I take what comes with it... Injuries and all.

It's not for everyone, but it is for me

Lol everyone knows somebody...
Again bypassing the entire point that there are entire populations of people that do get amped and aggressive under the bar... Example one of the Lilliebridges smashed his head against the bar before squatting 900... No big deal. I personally wouldn't do that but hey, get in the fucking moment

**broken link removed**

Again nothing vague about who i am or what I do...
I'm ranked 22 specifically you can look me up
In the 220lbs class across all lifters in that class across the nation (not world).
Again these are people who compete nationally across all federations regardless of age.
Power watch only covers the top 50 lifters across the nation in each class
Class by weight e.g 198, 220, 242, 275, 308 etc
So I am top 20s out of everyone that competed and recognized as a top 50 lifter in the country
Where are you on the list ?

I hope that helped clarify things brother

Lol typical short many syndrome. I have nothing to prove, and its not a dick measuring contest. I tried to get the URL off of his FB but I couldnt do it. Im not 19 and know a guy who knows a guy...but if that makes you feel better, go right ahead. And he has longer arms, so more impressive to me since he rocked it with his shirt on and doesnt have T Rex arms..

And no, Im not on that list. Never got into power lifting and always had a weak bench. Got to around 450 on bench at my best, but could military press 405. Like I said, was always weak bencher compared to the rest of my lifts. My career path and position in my industry has been more rewarding to me than bodybuilding is/was. My state and team under me has been #1 in the nation at what we do, which includes working for the 2 of the largest suppliers in the world, with me as VP for not even 3 years yet after moving up the corporate ladder. But I dont have a screen shot of that, so I guess its another "everyone knows a guy"... Maybe Ill rip my shirt off at our next national conference and show them how intense and amped I am after your inspiration here...

Regardless, we obviously have different opinions, but congrats on your rankings and good luck on your recovery and continued efforts in your sport.

^ cool
Why why are you a LiFTING / BB forum ?

Please let's keep this thread on lifting

I was ASKED my placements nothing here had anything to do with bragging lol

Again this forum astounds me,
Talked down to for having my opinion on training
Talked down to for defending my opinion
Talked down to for showing after being asked my placements

Lol state your case and carry your ass [emoji123]🏻

Last edited:
Umm... Because Im into bodybuilding and lifting and used to compete? Probably the same reasons most people are here for. I said that I found my career more rewarding than bodybuilding. I didn't say I didn't train anymore. Big difference

Last edited:
Soooo....back to the OP..lol

Quesiton: What is the deal with the sweatpants that are like skinny jeans or tights? I am so confused by these. What are they going for tights or sweatpants. And what man wears these?

I am also confused by the tank top with a hoodie? Also, the stocking cap when its f-ing 100 degrees outside. This one I don't have much of a problem with. I just would pass out from the heat. (I sweat like a mofo...my metabolism is super high)
*anyway this is nothing serious...I honestly could give a shit what people wear but I do get a laugh now and then aaaaannnd I work out at LA Fitness lmao...its close and cheap and has everything I need...but the douchebaggery is off the charts with the fashion show and poor gym etiquette.

Soooo....back to the OP..lol

Quesiton: What is the deal with the sweatpants that are like skinny jeans or tights? I am so confused by these. What are they going for tights or sweatpants. And what man wears these?

I am also confused by the tank top with a hoodie? Also, the stocking cap when its f-ing 100 degrees outside. This one I don't have much of a problem with. I just would pass out from the heat. (I sweat like a mofo...my metabolism is super high)

*anyway this is nothing serious...I honestly could give a shit what people wear but I do get a laugh now and then aaaaannnd I work out at LA Fitness lmao...its close and cheap and has everything I need...but the douchebaggery is off the charts with the fashion show and poor gym etiquette.

You'd have to ask a crossfit person on the tights

Fortunately I work out in the mornings around 9am. Usually just a handful of guys in there. Most are married chicks in the yoga/cardio room. Getting all sweaty while their kids are at school, their husband is making the money and they prepare to go home and shower. So they can go rendezvous with their old high school boyfriend they reconnected with on Facebook. :D As for me I don't speak in the gym for the most part and keep my head down in between sets. I'm 290lbs so people just leave me be. :headbang:

Fortunately I work out in the mornings around 9am. Usually just a handful of guys in there. Most are married chicks in the yoga/cardio room. Getting all sweaty while their kids are at school, their husband is making the money and they prepare to go home and shower. So they can go rendezvous with their old high school boyfriend they reconnected with on Facebook. :D As for me I don't speak in the gym for the most part and keep my head down in between sets. I'm 290lbs so people just leave me be. :headbang:[/

The FB comment though haha so true seen it w few times

Kevin Oak never comes off like this while showing his PLing here.... every time you post it's like hearing a PL talk down to Bodybuilders... just my opinion. .. maybe the reason every post u make becomes like this thread... you do realize there is a powerlifting section on PM dedicated to yiur sport???

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131