advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Topic for Skip- Pre contest dieting (high fats. low carbs)

Brad- Can you post up a sample of your daily type of eating.

Good topic...so what about macros...

Say 2g per lb bodyweight protein, 0.5g per lb good fats...

and just have 50-75g carbs post workout..and maybe 20-30g carbs during your workout...

Do you think you could follow the above and still grow and stay lean all year round?

Brad- Can you post up a sample of your daily type of eating.

1. 6 whole cage free organic eggs
2. 8oz of chicken 1oz of almonds
3. team skip protein blend 1 oz of cashews
4. 8oz of grass fed beef or deer and greens
5.team skip protein blend and natty peanut butter
6. 2 cans of tuna with mustard 1 oz of almonds, greens

Last edited:
3. team skip protein blend 1 0z of cashews
4. 80z of grass fed beef or deer and greens

SOLID diet.

Do you feel like you can still slowly gain muscle on this...or is that strictly for dieting?

That my friends, is a beautiful diet...

JM

Any idea what your protein/fat/carbs come out to for the day? Does not seem like a lot for a big sum-bitch like yourself, the fat doesnt seem that high either. I notice most people don't go high enough on the fat.

That my friends, is a beautiful diet...

JM
LOL the last meal is sometimes tuna but most of the time wild caught salmon ;)

Any idea what your protein/fat/carbs come out to for the day? Does not seem like a lot for a big sum-bitch like yourself, the fat doesnt seem that high either. I notice most people don't go high enough on the fat.
didn't really count it, its what i have eaten over the last few years protein wise, offseason protein is a lil higher. I tend to hold muscle well on a calorie restricted diet, some people can do this and some people can't.

O yea

the diet is for a state level show, i decided since i didn't get to bad out of shape this offseason that i would try and do the northern ky, but I am having to wait and make a last minute decision whether I do or dont compete at this show. My work schedule is horrible right now and stressing the hell out of me, so i decided to do a little diet (started waaayyy to late) and see if i could get in to decent shape and also give my self a chance to try out some things i have been wanting to try. If i do a pro qualifier this year then i def. do it under mountaindogs guidance. I did not want to bother john with prepping me for this show if only to drop out at the last minute do to just not being able to have a proper prep cause of my job, plus i get to do some dr. frankenstein on myself and try out some new things...LOL :D

SOLID diet.

Do you feel like you can still slowly gain muscle on this...or is that strictly for dieting?
strictly for dieting. If i was to try and gain into a show then my starting point would be much different (small, lean, clean).

currently doing a keto diet now (just in case i wanna jump on stage in a few weeks ;) ) I am one of those guys that does not flatten out much on zero carbs. I put on fat easy but when taking it off i maintain muscle well.

I don't find that this is common for most people, though. Keto tends to flatten out a LOT of people and in some cases, they do lose muscle. For guys like yourself that don't flatten out, it can be a pretty solid approach, yes.

Skip

I don't find that this is common for most people, though. Keto tends to flatten out a LOT of people and in some cases, they do lose muscle. For guys like yourself that don't flatten out, it can be a pretty solid approach, yes.

Skip
I agree completely skip! Most people cannot get away with this diet without looking like a concentration camp hostage. I just hold muscle well in a calorie restricted state, even with zero carbs, and I love nuts so its a easy diet for me to follow. I have played with my saturday carb ups, i have done a skip load for the last couple of saturdays, and decided that yesterdays carb up i would try just have an all out cheat meal for my 5th meal of the night, just to see how i respond and what my energy levels are in the gym this week.

I've dieted countless people on zero carbs and never had anyone lose size, but I also reintroduce carbs back in their diet usually every 7 days. I think a lot of guys mentally can't handle the water loss in the very beginning. They mistakenly believe that they are shrinking. They "feel" flat or small. I have heard countless times from people that they are flat or getting smaller, but when I see them it is not the case. I always tell them don't worry no one is going to feel you on stage. :D It all boils down to calories in the end and if you chose the zero carb route as long as you are eating enough protein and fat then you will never lose size. Of course all this applys to contest prep. In the off season eating carbs are good. Oh and personally I like to get fat from protein sources like meat, cheese and nuts and oils last, just me.

I agree completely skip! Most people cannot get away with this diet without looking like a concentration camp hostage. I just hold muscle well in a calorie restricted state, even with zero carbs, and I love nuts so its a easy diet for me to follow. I have played with my saturday carb ups, i have done a skip load for the last couple of saturdays, and decided that yesterdays carb up i would try just have an all out cheat meal for my 5th meal of the night, just to see how i respond and what my energy levels are in the gym this week.

During the last few weeks, do you ever throw in pro/veggie days to get the last bit of fat off?

During the last few weeks, do you ever throw in pro/veggie days to get the last bit of fat off?
no i don't, I would only do that in a last ditch effort, I would rather just slightly increase cardio, activity level, or diet drugs or all of the above...LOL I hate to be bored with what i am eating, I enjoy nuts so i will keep them in at all cost simply because i enjoy them.

3. team skip protein blend 1 oz of cashews
4. 8oz of grass fed beef or deer and greens

Not sure what your weight is but that certainly doesn't look like much food.

To anyone: is it possible to eat too many calories while on keto and end up not losing any fat? I seem to get very hungry on this type of diet and not sure if Im sabatoging my fat loss by eating too much.

To anyone: is it possible to eat too many calories while on keto and end up not losing any fat? I seem to get very hungry on this type of diet and not sure if Im sabatoging my fat loss by eating too much.

B-Boy is a prime example of one of the genetic traits it takes to get to the top of the game. The ability to assimilate food better than the average person.

But to answer your question yes you can eat to many kcals of anything and not lose weight. You should know how many calories you were eating before dieting to assess your dieting goals.

B-Boy is a prime example of one of the genetic traits it takes to get to the top of the game. The ability to assimilate food better than the average person.

But to answer your question yes you can eat to many kcals of anything and not lose weight. You should know how many calories you were eating before dieting to assess your dieting goals.
damn bro!!!! good to see you posting here :headbang:

Most no carb (trace carbs only) diets for bodybuilders don't consist of much food, even green veggies are very limited. Protein is usually at 1.5grms body weight (max out at 300 grams normally), fat at .5 grms bodyweight and carbs between 30-40 grms all indirect and zero starches. I think many people feel they lose muscle on keto diets because they flatten out, but if you have a ton of muscles you will never really "flatten" out.

Also people may lose muscle by going extremely high volume where they completely deplete all glycogen stores and the body starts turning muscle into glucose. Allowing their heart rate to get too high when doing cardio, and not taking advantage of proper carb ups.

Last edited:

Oh, I bet you do love nuts.

Anyway .....

Take too many carbs out = go flat. We can debate whether it is good or bad or who can do it and who can't but most of us mortals, no matter how much fat you have in the diet, will go flat when their carbs get too low and even with a Skipload later in the week or any other load for that matter. Fat won't keep you full.
Now, does going flat really matter that much in the big picture? I have guys that I work with that FREAK when they even begin to go flat and I have to tell them that it is the nature of the beast. You can't remain full all the time and get lean at the same time.

Skip

I found it odd that this was from 2004 and was directed at me and yet I never posted in it until yesterday.

Skip

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity