over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

trading food for whey?

nfernoo

Banned
I'm having a hard time consuming 2 pounds of meat per day.
Eggs, even whites aren't working out for me either.

I was wonder what you guys think of substituting a pound of meat with whey shakes of equal protein.

I also was considering eea's and bcaa's to replace protein.

Thoughts?
I don't wanna sacrifice muscle building efforts

2 lbs meat isn't very much but if your struggling whey is better than missing meals. Shelby I belive has upto 3 whey meals a day and jjb1 used to live on an all liquid diet and was jacked. I would still get complete protein though and not substitute for aminos. Aminos are extras, not replacements. Not saying its ideal but people do it and get good results. I like eating too much myself. What's your overall macros look like?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I guess everyone is different and it's best to try it on your own and see what the results yield for you.

Personally, I like food way to much to trade for whey.

I just like eating :D

When in a bind, that's when I use shake and also after a work out, 1 or 2 scoops.

you could also take LBA's with your meals to get more protein in.

2 lbs meat isn't very much but if your struggling whey is better than missing meals. Shelby I belive has upto 3 whey meals a day and jjb1 used to live on an all liquid diet and was jacked. I would still get complete protein though and not substitute for aminos. Aminos are extras, not replacements. Not saying its ideal but people do it and get good results. I like eating too much myself. What's your overall macros look like?

Well essential aminos are a complete protein i thought.

Its just the meat that's the issue for me. Carbs and other things I'm good with.

I just wanna replace a pound so I'm not feeling over stuffed

I'm not sure about the eaa thing. You might be right.

i replace whey for food when cutting lol

go with whey... EAAs are the 8-9 amino acids your body cant build itself right? i think that would be a complete protein source...
but i would rather go with whey or a multi component protein powder just to make sure.

always consume the whey with solid food though, theres the theory that whey only or with liquids gets absorbed too fast for the amino acids to effectively build muscle (except for when your body is ready to soak up more protein at once, PWO for example)...

not quite sure if this is the truth, but ive read it quite a few times.

If you are hungry,,,,eat. If you arent hungry,,,,,then drink a shake.....simple....I drink at least 5 shakes a day,,,,,that along with 4 meals is my offseason.

what do your shakes look like?

OP, you might want to look into synthetek's appetite stimulator. I got some of it, haven't tried it yet though but I hear really good things

I find whey to be pretty useless...never gave me good results.

ive been using 8oz pasteurized egg whites and 4tbls lbas for my shakes lately.
seems to be more effective.

Well essential aminos are a complete protein i thought.

Its just the meat that's the issue for me. Carbs and other things I'm good with.

I just wanna replace a pound so I'm not feeling over stuffed

I'm not sure about the eaa thing. You might be right.

Yes, a complete protein is all EAAs, but they must be in the right quantities for human biological function (an EAA drink is fine)... However, whey has been shown to elevate blood amino acid levels for about 3 hours, whereas an EAA drink is far less... Whole food meals have a induce a greater thermogenic response when eating than whey...

So pick your poison :)

I use whey for both cutting and when not cutting and have always did well. I think I actually do better with whey as my dominate protein source. I try to add in 2-3 solid meals on top of that though. This is probably a case of where you just need to find what works best for you.

My favorite meal of the day is a whey/greek yogurt/SF instant pudding/cocoa/Almond Butter.....pudding I have every morning. I love that meal. I make it the night before and have it when I get up in the morning....and sometimes later at night if I run out of chicken/beef or something and am too tired to cook more.

I use whey for both cutting and when not cutting and have always did well. I think I actually do better with whey as my dominate protein source. I try to add in 2-3 solid meals on top of that though. This is probably a case of where you just need to find what works best for you.

My favorite meal of the day is a whey/greek yogurt/SF instant pudding/cocoa/Almond Butter.....pudding I have every morning. I love that meal. I make it the night before and have it when I get up in the morning....and sometimes later at night if I run out of chicken/beef or something and am too tired to cook more.
Now that's a dessert!

2 lbs isn't much man...what I suggest is choose lighter food sources like white fish instead of heavier stuff like red meat. I honestly can eat 5+ lbs of fish daily. But red meat fills me up after 1 meal.

Last edited:
I eat 4 lbs of chicken per day during contest prep.

i replace whey for food when cutting lol

go with whey... EAAs are the 8-9 amino acids your body cant build itself right? i think that would be a complete protein source...
but i would rather go with whey or a multi component protein powder just to make sure.

always consume the whey with solid food though, theres the theory that whey only or with liquids gets absorbed too fast for the amino acids to effectively build muscle (except for when your body is ready to soak up more protein at once, PWO for example)...
not quite sure if this is the truth, but ive read it quite a few times.

complete hog wash.

big difference b/w absorption and utilization. when you read in the magazines articles about taking in more then 30 grams of whey in 1 sitting and not using all of it, what they are referring to is utilization, not absorption. And yes, this is true, protein in excess just like any other macro can be used as fuel or stored as fat, but its all absorbed in the small intestines.

Last edited:
complete hog wash.

big difference b/w absorption and utilization. when you read in the magazines articles about taking in more then 30 grams of whey in 1 sitting and not using all of it, what they are referring to is utilization, not absorption. And yes, this is true, protein in excess just like any other macro can be used as fuel or stored as fat, but its all absorbed in the small intestines.

this is not what this theory was about, the amount makes no difference here

what they were saying was that whey was absorbed so quickly that the body turns most of the protein into glycogen via gluconeogenesis or uses it up as "quick energy source" instead of using it for muscle building.

I was getting to a point where i couldn't even use Whey anymore?
Which like the OP i couldn't take enough protein in real foods.
Now i used to think Whey was whey especially shitting 6+ times a day but i got some Synthe Pure Protein (whey protein isolate) i think two heaping tablespoons is around 30 grams of quality protein .No problems with my stomach and i now drin 3 a day sometimes with flavored oats packets,juice,water ,skim milk anything and even though it is more expensive it is cheaper than shitting it all down the toliet:p
I also eat 3 whole food meals for a total of 6 meals..........:cool:

this is not what this theory was about, the amount makes no difference here

what they were saying was that whey was absorbed so quickly that the body turns most of the protein into glycogen via gluconeogenesis or uses it up as "quick energy source" instead of using it for muscle building.

perhaps a spoonful of psyllium would be a good addition

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs