over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training partner's collar bone snaps during decline bench

Emery

Kilo Klub Member
Last night my partner and I were working through our chest workout as usual. He has been complaining of some pain in his left clavicle for about 2 weeks but kind of blew it off as a muscular ache. I gave him the usual shit about complaining about it ie. asked if he needed his maxi-pads, Midol or Tampax, etc.

He was still basically warming up and didn't have much on the bar (235lbs) and is pretty strong with this lift. He is a decent sized guy too at 5-10 and 210 pounds, fairly lean, etc.

Well, at rep 5, SNAP, I heard it with my ear buds in and Slipknot blaring into my ear canals! Instantly his face went from work-face to horror-face. I grabbed the bar and racked it. Immediately swelling and discoloration set in. He got pale as a ghost and layed down on the floor holding his left clavicle area. He said "just take me home" but I took his dumbass to the hospital where he was diagnosed with a fractured clavicle. The doctor thought it happened at the area of an old fracture that had never actually been diagnosed. My TP said about 10 years ago he felt the same exact pain in the same place when he had a skiing accident but had never gone to the doctor about it.

The great thing about it was, by the end of our visit, even the doctors and nurses were giving him shit. The doctor came in and told him he was there to check his prostate, one of the nurses said she was there to draw estrogen levels and one of the paramedics offerred to take out his Vag-pack! It was priceless! Even his wife and 2 daughters showed up to add to the roast!!

I'll rack this one up as another story to add to my lifting journals someday!

man that sucks for him..but freaking hilarious that the nurses and doctors did that to him.

Hey, I recently had a prostate test and I can tell you that there is nothing funny about it. :p

Emery, I can relate to your friend because I was getting some strain on my collarbone doing declines recently and ultimately decided to just do dips instead. I'm glad I did before an unforunate event unfolded like your bud's case.

Let this be a lesson: if there is aggitation somewhere in one of your lifts, don't keep aggravating it!

Yeah, agreed! I feel partly at fault because he hasn't been at it as long as I have but he tries to lift as though he has, if that makes sense. He will push the weights and while he has been growing like a weed, he has also had some injuries as well.

I think he over does it sometimes. It has been great for his gains but, now he is looking at 6 weeks off!

wow...that sucks, but atleast it seems you guys had some fun with it

shit men...

my gym friend last week: weight about 20kg fellt on his small finger on hand, and bone looked out...he had to be operated...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws