advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

True Protein International Shipping Charges: WTF?

he didn't. was a comparision.

and not a sponsor here, he should not have but up the link imo.

Last edited:
as an update i just ordered 5kg of whey with added gubbins from a uk site...

free shipping and next day delivery...

usually you can get shipping here free (i know, im not comparing UK and US internal shipping cos US is much larger than UK)...

i also ordered some bits and bobs from another UK site... cissus - free shipping again..

im just gutted all these good products in the US are pretty much out of the question for me.. i can afford the shipping... im lucky enough to have a good job with a very healthy wage... but while i CAN afford the shipping, im not able to JUSTIFY it...

and for me if i blew money on something that just isnt worth it, it itd be nagging at me... (its the Irish in me!)...

i do think they COULD arrange cheaper shipping IF they wanted to... i mean i ordered some gaspari mitotropin from bodybuilding.com and while it took 6 weeks to get to me (held up in customs) the shipping cost me 7 quid... thats it.... wasnt a huge package by any means... but still...

anyways didnt mean to stir the pot... i see from all the deleted posts that things got kinda heated... not my intention...

errr...

after all the recommendations on here i decided to get hold of some True Protein Cold Filtered Whey Isolate...

with the added enzyme gubbins it cacame to 51 bucks or thereabouts for 5lb tub..

average id say... and worth the outlay if the hype (cos it is hype here) is true

then i came to checkout... and the shipping charges to the UK came to:

Order Summary
Sub-Total: $51.20
Discount: - $0.00
Shipping: $46.30
Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $97.50

im sorry but DOUBLING the order cost just for shipping is outrageous!

ive never seen shipping charges even remotely close to that...

unbelieveable...

do they always sting you on the checkout?

is there any cheaper way to get it shipped to the UK? im just not willing to pay that amount... and i doubt many here are... which is a shame... cos i go through protein like shit through a goose... (literally)

100 bucks for 5lb protein is not justifiable

imho :eek:

any TP reps able to offer a better deal?

I have to comment here....We make absolutely nothing on shipping.

Shipping is shipping....its carried out by different companies than Trueprotien. (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc)

IN some cases we lose money on shipping (some parts of rural Canada)

If i could send you your stuff for free I would do it in a heartbeat.
But your anger should be at the recession/oil prices/fuel surcharge prices for autos and jets/and the shipping companies because thats what is costing you shipping

I will say this....If you can work out something on your end to get it to you cheaper...IM ALL FOR IT!!!!
I dont care if you have 2 guys on donkeys pick up your package from our shipping docks, give it to some guy in Nevada named Ned who travels by 1984 Volkswagon Rabbit to Rhode Island and puts it on a sailboat to England which it then is taken by scooter to your destination in Europe....if thats what you want to do, I'll do it. (Just be prepared that your package could look like a pancake and there is no tracking that way)....Im all for whatever you want to do for yourself shipping wise over in Europe....but again this isnt a Trueprotein equation....its another company (shipping company)

An alternative plan is we open up Trueprotein Europe like we planned to do a few years back but we got sidetracked with some huge undertakings here in the USA. (We just built another large custom manufacturing plant in the buildings next door)

i also used to order from TP. great products but the shipping is just to high.
i switched to another bulk products site where the shipping is half the cost.
shipping from TP to my country cost 140$ for my order and the exact same
order ships for 75$ from the other place.
if TP would get better rates for shipping i will surely return

What carrier are they using?

Any plans on a maple flavor, would make a GREAT syrup for some oat flour pancakes!

Maple Syrup LBA's is being worked on as we speak

We are testing Barbeque sauce LBA's today in the office and if it passes our taste testing it will be sent to Phil to get his approval and if it gets Phil's approval.....

its good to go on chicken, pork, beef you name it

I hope that guy Ned doesn't try to sneak it over by hiding it up his ass. Just kidding.
If the UK guys all went in on an order then the shipping would be more reasonable or if someone owned a gnc type of shop they could import a pallet or container and possibly work a deal with true protein to be a European distributor.

Maple Syrup LBA's is being worked on as we speak

We are testing Barbeque sauce LBA's today in the office and if it passes our taste testing it will be sent to Phil to get his approval and if it gets Phil's approval.....
maple and BBQ flavor sounds awesome!

Maple syrup LBAs? Lovely!! :love:

What carrier are they using?

It's not the carrier that would be cheap. The company mentioned would be absorbing the shipping cost in their product cost. If they can offer that much free shipping for such large quantities, it gives you an idea of the profit margin tagged on to the product cost! Most people just can't understand that.

Probably the only way you could make LBA's any better would be to make more flavors available.

Maple syrup and BBQ sounds too good to be true. Can't wait.

I have to comment here....We make absolutely nothing on shipping.

Shipping is shipping....its carried out by different companies than Trueprotien. (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, etc)

IN some cases we lose money on shipping (some parts of rural Canada)

If i could send you your stuff for free I would do it in a heartbeat.
But your anger should be at the recession/oil prices/fuel surcharge prices for autos and jets/and the shipping companies because thats what is costing you shipping

I will say this....If you can work out something on your end to get it to you cheaper...IM ALL FOR IT!!!!
I dont care if you have 2 guys on donkeys pick up your package from our shipping docks, give it to some guy in Nevada named Ned who travels by 1984 Volkswagon Rabbit to Rhode Island and puts it on a sailboat to England which it then is taken by scooter to your destination in Europe....if thats what you want to do, I'll do it. (Just be prepared that your package could look like a pancake and there is no tracking that way)....Im all for whatever you want to do for yourself shipping wise over in Europe....but again this isnt a Trueprotein equation....its another company (shipping company)

An alternative plan is we open up Trueprotein Europe like we planned to do a few years back but we got sidetracked with some huge undertakings here in the USA. (We just built another large custom manufacturing plant in the buildings next door)

all this is true and makes complete sense.... :D

but.....

no ones making you use a shipping company that costs so much..

i mean it is obviously an issue.. you're missing out on sales, people are not buying with you because of the shipping... thats obvious from some of the replies on here...

its also in your control to shop around and get it cheaper...

surely this is worth it for the extra income youll generate?

all this is true and makes complete sense.... :D

but.....

i mean it is obviously an issue.. you're missing out on sales, people are not buying with you because of the shipping... thats obvious from some of the replies on here...

its also in your control to shop around and get it cheaper...

surely this is worth it for the extra income youll generate?

You should stop posting, every post just shows how little you know about the process.

Oh.. and LOL at this:
You could almost buy a whole sheep for that amount. Whey is nothing compared to real meat - you fell for the marketing hype a real shame!

Last edited:
but.....

It's possible you missed what Dante was saying with the hyperbole he used but if you have a carrier that quotes you a cheaper price than what TP can offer then email them(TP) about it and they will make it work for you.

It's possible you missed what Dante was saying with the hyperbole he used but if you have a carrier that quotes you a cheaper price than what TP can offer then email them(TP) about it and they will make it work for you.

no i twigged what he was saying thanks..

however, its not my job to do so.. if a retailer isnt willing to look for the cheapest way to get the product to a potential customer then its their loss of business i guess...

:yeahthat:

You should stop posting, every post just shows how little you know about the process.

Oh.. and LOL at this:

so you got anything constructive to post or you just gonna call everyone dumb and prance around the place with your knickers in a twist?

just curious like...

:)

It's not the carrier that would be cheap. The company mentioned would be absorbing the shipping cost in their product cost. If they can offer that much free shipping for such large quantities, it gives you an idea of the profit margin tagged on to the product cost! Most people just can't understand that.

EXACTLY. thank you!

no i twigged what he was saying thanks..

however, its not my job to do so.. if a retailer isnt willing to look for the cheapest way to get the product to a potential customer then its their loss of business i guess...

:yeahthat:

Sorry but ive been a customer of TP for several years now and I know im newer here at PM BUT to sit and read this crap... is just that... Dude I Cant say I see any issues they are doing wrong. They dont control what the shipping, fuel costs or any of that is.

Well it seems to me that no matter what anyone does your just not going to be happy unless you get babied and pampered and what you think should be. Thats not how things work.

I suppose you'd go to buy a Car at the local Chevy dealer and be pissed and jump up and down about it being their job and not yours cause you want to buy a Ford. Sometimes to get the things we really want it requires effort from us. I hope you dont approach your workouts in this manor.

The options are the options. Its what they are. I think TP goes out of its way to provide.

Just saying

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear