over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

unexpected cruise/injury!!..

db006

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
monday night had a pretty good workout/deadlift session, my back felt fine. then tuesdaty after work i took a nap for about 45 mins, and when i woke up. my left ass cheak had kind of a knot or a cramp. like a charlie horse. well i rubbed it for a couple secs and didnt think anything of it. well it gets tighter and tighter as the night goes on and i start getting a severly sharp pain and throb in my hip socket. it was ungodly all night, let me tell you i didnt sleep a min til around 530 am to about 7. dude it was throbing so bad in my hip socket i was gonna cry. i went to the chiropractor and apparently all these muscles that are running different ways in you lumbar,glute, hip, and hamstring were in a knot strangling my sciatic nerve which goes through your hip socket, and is 2 fingers thick. well he semi worked the knot out, my ass was rock hard, like a softball, but there is still major pain in the socket. its bad somtimes. im just taking ibuprofen and a perc every couple hours and am just laying here. i have to see him again fri, he says hell have it releived after fri. well see. its throbbing like a mofo right now.

ironically, my boy is getting cut next fri to have a peice of L5 removed that broke when it bulged, it is hitting the sciatice nerve and causes great pain. hes been walking around like that for 3 months. wtf. but his isnt going through his socket, it going down his leg.

I read in your last post you're turning 30 soon, that may be one of the reasons. ;) I turned 30 and I've been falling apart since..lol

I read in your last post you're turning 30 soon, that may be one of the reasons. ;) I turned 30 and I've been falling apart since..lol

I'm 37 and it's been a horrible trip from 30 til now. I've had more injuries in that short time than all my other years lifting.

As for db006, I have 3 discs essentially crushed on the right side of my spine from L4 thru S2 and I can tell when that sciatic gets pinched by the discs when they're inlamed cuz my right knee THROBS like a focker and any leg work is impossible. I try to get massages to help keep the region loose and it has helped. Back squats I can never do again due ot the injury.

I'm 37 and it's been a horrible trip from 30 til now. I've had more injuries in that short time than all my other years lifting.

As for db006, I have 3 discs essentially crushed on the right side of my spine from L4 thru S2 and I can tell when that sciatic gets pinched by the discs when they're inlamed cuz my right knee THROBS like a focker and any leg work is impossible. I try to get massages to help keep the region loose and it has helped. Back squats I can never do again due ot the injury.

Same here, I've had more injuries in 8 months than I have in the past few years, most recent playing football. Partially torn ACL's aren't fun, and neither is watching your upper body grow and your legs get smaller. :mad:

Controlled hyper-extensions! This will take the strain off the sciatic nerve, should help tighten and stretch the lumbars as well. be careful and keep it controlled. Db I would find a good sports physio and let him/her work on it right away. Don't just lay around. Go and see one asap!!

i think theres a little more to it than that. its actually called piriformis syndrome, quite common for bb'ers. end result will probably be cortisone.

Controlled hyper-extensions! This will take the strain off the sciatic nerve, should help tighten and stretch the lumbars as well. be careful and keep it controlled. Db I would find a good sports physio and let him/her work on it right away. Don't just lay around. Go and see one asap!!
not to disagree with you, but i think that may tighten up his glutes/hammies even more. if it were me i would just take a break from things that would aggravate it.

also, again not to dispute something so insignificant but, the sciatic nerve is about as big around as one of your index, middle or ring fingers(which btw is still HUGE!!!). ive seen it many times on cadavers.

i think theres a little more to it than that. its actually called piriformis syndrome, quite common for bb'ers. end result will probably be cortisone.
if its just the piriformis then i would do tons of stretcing for it. its such a deep muscle that i doubt massage is going to help as much as you want it to. a good way to stretch the piriformis is to do the figure 4 and pull the opposite leg in toward your body. im sure you're familiar with this stretch but just in case...lay on your back, cross you left foot onto your right thigh, then pull your right leg into your body, with your knee flaring out away from your body. this should be pretty painful for you but should help to loosen up your piriformis. you can push your elbow into your left leg to push it further out and create a greater stretch if you need/want to. in a small percentage of the population thier sciatic nerve actually runs through the piriformis muscle, so it could be worse.LOL

Couldn't you just sit in a chair, put your foot up on your knee(figure 4 style) and lean foward while keeping your knee from coming up? It seems to me that upper bodyweight would help facilitate the stretch.

Sometimes Quick Relief...

Sit on a tennis ball right where it hurts for ten minutes at a time.

Pekkerwood

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume