over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Update on clubbing of digits/insurance record fear

Slyder190

Registered
So I saw the doc today about my clubbing. Have it on my toes too which I never really noticed. She found it strange I have no other symptoms, like sleep problems, fainting, shortness of breath, the fact I go to the gym 6-7 days a week between weights cardio and work on my feet all day long, also that there is no blue in my digits from lack of blood flow. She did an easy test in the office feeling the sides of my ankles to check return blood flow.
So she ordered an echo cardiogram and blood work. I also told her off the record about steroid use. She didn't bug on me. She was cool about it. Told her I was concerned about my insurance record. She said don't worry, it wouldn't go on my record, if my lipids or cholesterol seems out of whack from the bean, that she would have me come off and then just retest me. Blood pressure was normal, 116/82. So we shall see what the tests turn up. She said it may just be me, but wants to have a deeper look obviously and rule out anything of concern.

Last edited:
cool man......

:cool:

So I saw the doc today about my clubbing. Have it on my toes too which I never really noticed. She found it strange I have no other symptoms, like sleeo problems, fainting, shortness of breath, the fact I go to the gym 6-7 days a week between weights cardio and work on my feet all day long, also that there is no blue in my digits from lack of blood flow. She did an easy test in the office feeling the sides of my ankles to check return blood flow.
So she ordered an echo cardiogram and blood work. I also told her off the record about steroid use. She didn't bug on me. She was cool about it. Told I was concerned about my insurance record. She said don't worry, it wouldn't go on my record, if my lipids or cholesterol seems out of whack from the bean, that she would have me come off and then just retest me. Blood pressure was normal, 116/82. So we shall see what the tests turn up. She said it may just be me, but wants to have a deeper look obviously and rule out anything of concern.

If I remember correctly, you said you were a nursing student right? Anyone in the medical field, when they read about pathologies after pathologies, becomes a hypochondriac. It is normal. I remember meeting a psychiatrist who thought he had a rare form of bone cancer and was sure he was going to die, this was when he was in his 20s in medical school. I met him when he was in his 50s LOL.

Ask Stewie how knowing too much sometimes makes you a hypochondriac. He will vouch for it.

Here is my 2 cents, I wouldn't freak out about isolated findings such as what your mentioned unless you are having symptoms that go along with it. I am not saying I wouldnt investigate them , if for the very least for the peace of mind, but I can assure you, you are not the first nursing or medical student that looked at their own fingers after reading about clubbing and thought "omg I have clubbing, do I have a lung disease?"

Last edited:
I never really worried to begin with because I never had ANY other negative symptoms. A girl i work with actually noticed my clubbing and then I began to ask my aunt who is a nurse and few others in the field. They all found it odd and all said just get tests done to play it safe. My fear the whole time was my insurance record. If my numbers are out whack I may wait till Sept instead of quitting my cycle after it has begun.

If I remember correctly, you said you were a nursing student right? Anyone in the medical field, when they read about pathologies after pathologies, becomes a hypochondriac. It is normal. I remember meeting a psychiatrist who thought he had a rare form of bone cancer and was sure he was going to die, this was when he was in his 20s in medical school. I met him when he was in his 50s LOL.

Ask Stewie how knowing too much sometimes makes you a hypochondriac. He will vouch for it.

Here is my 2 cents, I wouldn't freak out about isolated findings such as what your mentioned unless you are having symptoms that go along with it. I am not saying I wouldnt investigate them , if for the very least for the peace of mind, but I can assure you, you are not the first nursing or medical student that looked at their own fingers after reading about clubbing and thought "omg I have clubbing, do I have a lung disease?"

You and I have talked too the ends about this!

I think I've had every morbid disease possible. Learning to separate your mind is a mind-fuk in itself. The worst was thinking I had pheochromocytoma :eek:

Nonetheless. As grenada mentioned, try to put your mind at ease and passively work with your PCP on this.

Clubbing

If you're not a smoker worry less.
If you do cardio, worry less.
If you're young as fuck and have it....consider helping oxygenation via herbs...or be wild and oxygenate with an oxygen tank/mask.
Insurance ppl aren't gonna look at your toes though 😉

I'm probably the biggest hypochondriac here for exactly the reason Grenada stated, I know way too much and have convinced myself I've had every type of disease and cancer in existence. I have clubbing too btw. I don't think it's possible for it to ever go away. I think it's from all the gh I used long term that made my hands grow.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member