over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vanity or Insanity?

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have seen some seriously silly looking people and acts over my life - especially at bodybuilding shows and the gyms and sometimes in public like lifters wearing short shorts and string tanks in 40 degree weather and below.

Maybe it's been a while since I seen some weird stuff but I went to Dick's Sporting Goods store yesterday and this guy kept ripping his gold's gym tank off and trying on all the under armour stuff he could find, apparently he had been doing it for some time as a few of the workers there were kinda taking notice.

What was so strange about it? Well he wasn't using a change room, and he was ripping the shirts off the rack and walking around flexing and grunting with the new ones on -strutting up and down the open walking areas outside the clothes racks. Just some of the strangest stuff I have seen in a while. I think he left without buying anything too and it was around 45 degrees here yesterday cold and raining.

What's some of the strangest things you have seen other lifters do?

Jez I feel sorry for that guy. He must be a child on steroids with a low self esteem.

I have seen some seriously silly looking people and acts over my life - especially at bodybuilding shows and the gyms and sometimes in public like lifters wearing short shorts and string tanks in 40 degree weather and below.

Maybe it's been a while since I seen some weird stuff but I went to Dick's Sporting Goods store yesterday and this guy kept ripping his gold's gym tank off and trying on all the under armour stuff he could find, apparently he had been doing it for some time as a few of the workers there were kinda taking notice.

What was so strange about it? Well he wasn't using a change room, and he was ripping the shirts off the rack and walking around flexing and grunting with the new ones on -strutting up and down the open walking areas outside the clothes racks. Just some of the strangest stuff I have seen in a while. I think he left without buying anything too and it was around 45 degrees here yesterday cold and raining.

That is comical!:D I can just picture someone doing that. Theres only a small % of the population that can pull that tight fitting Under Armour look anway.

that's called autism bro

Sounds like a case of insecurity.

Public, non-gym grunting is a leading indicator of insanity, unless of course it's a wild hog.

Lol! I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. You should of recorded it with your phone.

In all the years I have been doing this I have come to the conclusion that there is an unusually large percentage of dysfunctional people in the weightlifting/bodybuilding world.

Mind your own business! I was gonna buy like three underarmor shirts bro, and the changing rooms were full! I left because I forgot my wallet ok?

Lol. They seem to have no shyness at all. That's why I envy them a bit :cool:

I knew guy who would wear a weight belt when he went out at night to dinner and the movies. He trained at the same gym as me so I ask his girlfriend what the heck is that about......she told me he also would wrap knee wraps around his arms to beef them up and wear a sweatshirt with the belt to make his waist look trim....:)

I knew guy who would wear a weight belt when he went out at night to dinner and the movies. He trained at the same gym as me so I ask his girlfriend what the heck is that about......she told me he also would wrap knee wraps around his arms to beef them up and wear a sweatshirt with the belt to make his waist look trim....:)

What the fuck, that's about the silliest thing I've ever heard. LMAO

That is even worse than when I use to wear my weightlifting gloves to the bar.
But again it was the 80's.

That is even worse than when I use to wear my weightlifting gloves to the bar.
But again it was the 80's.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasnt that basically like the dress code back then? Kinda like the pastel blazers... I mean I seen it in night at the roxbury so I figured it meant it was true...:p

Public, non-gym grunting is a leading indicator of insanity, unless of course it's a wild hog.

I usually grunt or growl when things piss me off as well as a random "god dammit" "motherfucker" or "fuck" to vocalize my anger and disgust... occasionally I make improper english sentences my wife has to to double question if I really just said that... a popular one is "fuck shit you!" actually borrowed that from old high school drinking buddy when we'd go raise hell.. obviously it stuck and so random tourette like phrases in a fit of rage and anger seem to slip... Some people might want to bitch of my uncivilized behavior but for almost the last decade I've chose my path to protect those helpless sheep like lost souls from predatory wolves of criminals so my crude blunt no bullshit approach IMO has been earned based on my trivial trips through shit hole wasteland circumstances far out weigh the puppies sunshine and rainbows I've encountered...

Mind your own business! I was gonna buy like three underarmor shirts bro, and the changing rooms were full! I left because I forgot my wallet ok?

Okay... and what about you trying on the under armour boxer briefs too? still no changing rooms? LMAO I get it you already commuted to the shirts so you said fuck it might as well... :p

Sorry bro,now I am a little self conscious... is there an article of mens fitness I can refer to for a present day dress code... I just want lift and be comfy but if its no longer cool like say the 70's denim outfits of blue jeans, blue jean shirt and jacket then I dont want to be "that guy" ya know.. thank for the heads up though.. maybe I can cover up the short shorts with yoga pants maybe?:cool:

So i know I jacked off like a funny guy dumbass the last few threads but personally, unless its a private true dungeon BB kind of gym anything remotely out of line with the norm public, needs to keep conservative with appearance... it only adds to the fucked up stereotypes of meat heads being meat heads and exploited in planet fitness commercials and the likes...

generally my dress code is baggy basketball shorts, a relaxed fit under armour t-shirt, usually black or navy and never a size or two too small nor compression fit and some running/crosstraining shoes and I work out at a local fitness club who does have their fair share of look at me kind of lifters among the average janes/joes but I refuse to be categorized the same as those vanity kind...

I'll give some of the vanity guys credit in the fact their upper body looks pretty good with leanness, taper, vascular, ripped.. and most have reps of doing local shows but the tank top with windbreaker tear away pants to hide chicken legs... gross... I dont care if your 4-6% but if my arms are your legs then there is an obvious reason you will never achieve more than local show stardom and be left as a nobody personal trainer to the people who dont know better..

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws