over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water purifier for drinking water?

BULK_CITY

Registered
I live in Houston TX. I recently read that our water has tons of contaminates. It might not be a big deal, but I have the money, so I figured why not purifier the water just to be safe/healthier?

water report:
**broken link removed**

thoughts on a spout filter?:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_680337011_ln?rh=n%3A680337011%2Ck%3AWater+Filter+Purifier&keywords=Water+Filter+Purifier&ie=UTF8&qid=1360613567&scn=680337011&h=eb18e2b948b9bc7e35a2f0dbf2fe0c83d9274c80]Amazon.com: Water Filter Purifier - Faucet Mounts / Water Filtration & Softeners: Tools & Home Improvement[/ame]

Or This one looks good:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Countertop-Water-Purifier-Transform-Drinking/dp/B002F58M12/ref=pd_sbs_k_1"]Amazon.com: 6 Gallon Countertop Water Filter Purifier- Transform Tap Water to Pure Healthy Mineral Drinking Water: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JynGeVDuL.@@AMEPARAM@@51JynGeVDuL[/ame]

Or an under water filter:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_13397611_ln?rh=n%3A13397611%2Ck%3AWater+Filter+Purifier&keywords=Water+Filter+Purifier&ie=UTF8&qid=1360613567&scn=13397611&h=e164c0844126a54519d0722b96db2bb03eda96b1]Amazon.com: Water Filter Purifier - Under-Sink Filters / Water Filtration & Softeners: Tools & Home Improvement[/ame]

Anyone use one of these kinds of things?
Thoughts?
Recommendations?

Thanks!

If you're really concerned about it you can always get one of those Brita filters that attach to your faucet. The only downside is they're kinda bulky.

maybe get a fridge with water outlet built into it.
I usually just go fill up 5 gallon jugs once a week at the water store

If you're really concerned about it you can always get one of those Brita filters that attach to your faucet. The only downside is they're kinda bulky.

ya thought about this. Just not sure which route to go

maybe get a fridge with water outlet built into it.
I usually just go fill up 5 gallon jugs once a week at the water store

I have one. But I drink 2+ gallons per day and it takes forever for the water to come out.... I also have to replace the filter on it so it's the same concept..

This is the water filter I have. It's got 6 filters and an UV light to kill any bacteria. The filters only need to be changed once a year and the guy who installed it comes to do it. It costs $250 but my water is better than any bottled water. My reading goes between a 1 and 0 and that's as good as it gets.

Attachments

• 20130211_144531.jpg
    20130211_144531.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 190
Not only do you want to get out the contaminants, you want to remove the stuff that is put there against your will. Fluoride and chlorine should be gone as well.

This is the water filter I have. It's got 6 filters and an UV light to kill any bacteria. The filters only need to be changed once a year and the guy who installed it comes to do it. It costs $250 but my water is better than any bottled water. My reading goes between a 1 and 0 and that's as good as it gets.

mind posting the model name and a link to purchase?
I'd like to read more about it. Looks great.

Not only do you want to get out the contaminants, you want to remove the stuff that is put there against your will. Fluoride and chlorine should be gone as well.

Definitely. I installed a shower head filter to remove that stuff. I want to get a huge water filter system for when I buy my own house.

Crap the manual was on top of the tank but know it's not. I'm gonna have to get back to you guys about what model it is.

a reverse osmosis system with carbon filters and alkaline filter is the best imo

If you really want the best water, you should look into an alkaline water machine.

my fridge has the pur cartridges built in for the water and ice... you can always consider a water service like alhambra etc prob be around 30-40 month and they include a water dispenser with how ever many 5gal jugs and come a couple times a month...

If you really want the best water, you should look into an alkaline water machine.

^ this... I have a tyvent water ionizer that also has a filtration system. It's awesome. Provides alkaline water which is great for the body overall

Definitely go reverse osmosis. Most of the bottled water is just as bad as what we have coming out of our taps anyways.

Distilled water is the only way to truly remove contaminants from drinking water. Nutri team makes one that makes a gallon at a time. My wife and I use it for our baby and ourselves. It's great. Get some of the powdered cleaner and the glass pitcher. That being said, your skin absorbes more chlorine than you would ever get from drinking water.you need to install a filter on your shower that has replaceable filters that you change once a month. These will get rid of the chlorine. Some may argue that it's the inorganic chemicals in water that lead to arteries hardening. Distilling is the only way to remove this. . You can read some of the old books by Dr Bragg (the ones who still sell vinegar) who advocate distilled water along with other things. He influenced Jack LaLane who helped influenc the bodybuilding of today

you figure out what model it is yet? i am really interested in this . we can't drink our water out of the faucet. Last year the city decided that they needed to double the chlorine intake in the water. you can walk up to our faucett and just smell the chlorine. sucks. we don't even like using it to shower with.
Crap the manual was on top of the tank but know it's not. I'm gonna have to get back to you guys about what model it is.

you figure out what model it is yet? i am really interested in this . we can't drink our water out of the faucet. Last year the city decided that they needed to double the chlorine intake in the water. you can walk up to our faucett and just smell the chlorine. sucks. we don't even like using it to shower with.

Check out Aquasana. They make whole house and shower filters for that.

Yeah Ive gotta get a purifier to my water too. I drink enough of it, I should be taking precautions to ensure that it is safe. Especially with all the conspiracy theories that come with flouride these days, best to be safe :D

wheres the launch button on that thing?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner